What is the best live concert or festival experience that you have had?

Jaye

My whole life I have been a huge lover of music and live events. I've been fortunate enough to experience a lot of cool bands and DJs with some highlights being the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Guns & Roses, Chase & Status, Blink 182 and The Offspring to name a few. 

What are your experiences? Who are some artists you've seen that you loved or hated? And what kind of stories do you have?

Mine has to be a festival. Growing up I was a huge festival goer in my later teenage years and New Year festivals were the craze. New Zealand is a small country but is riddled with events from top to bottom over the summer New Year period. The biggest of them all is a festival called Rhythm & Vines. The beauty of this festival is that it is held in a small city called Gisborne; and it is the first place in the world to see the New Year sunrise. Youngsters flock far and wide to attend and often the population of Gisborne (38,000) doubles with 30,000 people arriving for a 3 day party. So as a young 18 year old back in 2011, it's no surprises that it is one of my most fondest memories. To see what the festival has become today is awesome and I encourage anyone to attend if you're ever down under.

Probably Sarsfest in 2002 I believe. I was 16 years old and with all the classic rock bands there AC/DC  rolling stones, rush etc. Massive crowds and topless women dancing in the mud was a great time lol

• heart 1

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

Seeing Blink in 2012 just after they'd reformed would have to be up there for me. Slipknot in 2016 was definitely a great one as well. If I had to pick my all time favourite I think it would have to be seeing Spanish Love Songs/Hot Mulligan September of last year. Two incredible sets. Sadly Hot Mulligan's was cut short due to a spastic jumping into the crowd and knocking himself out and injuring other people. The clip below won't play for me but the frame at the start tells the tale enough.

I went to my first festival last year (Slamdunk). The bands were incredible but they'd really oversold tickets and getting around the site was a total fucking disaster. It would take a killer lineup for me to pay to go again.

Edited by Wee Man
  • heart 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

Malaysia sucks when it comes to live shows, so many metal bands wont be allowed to do their live shows

yet they once allowed pussy cat dolls to shake their asses to the masses...

• heart 1

Callisto_cub.png?d6057Kalphite_princess.png?d8722Kalphite_princess_(2nd_form).png?80b36Pet_chaos_elemental.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_rex.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_supreme.png?e2d9bPet_general_graardor.png?85699Pet_k'ril_tsutsaroth.png?fe846Pet_kree'arra.png?f3f6aPet_kraken.png?85699Pet_smoke_devil.png?fe846Skotos.png?52875Tangleroot.png?52875

brPYCcA.gif
1095186697551085638.webp?size=44&quality
OTP | Barrow Slayerz | RIP Peck | Beach Bros Unit
🇲🇾

Spoiler

SG9UgzJ.gif

3BOIKPl.png

Walk Here Isndar (level-126) / 3 more options

1095186697551085638.webp?size=96&quality

Don't go to many tbh, too many ppl. Bass Nectar was fun tho

• heart 1

KLxCxWm.gif

Legendz | The Titans | Tempest

[Templar Jan & Feb 2023]

Spoiler

eRp6JoP.gif

CVEebzD.gif

RwjQ9pi.gif

JlotNFB.gif

SG9UgzJ.gif

image.png.6b35b2c7b85eae4569a1efc860175b7a.png

I've been incredibly fortunate to see upwards of a thousand gigs at this point.. played in a band and toured for many years, generally just seen a lot of live events.

Some notable and recognizable names, Kanye West's 'Yeezus' Tour - The Weeknd's 'After Hours' Tour - Black Sabbath Final Tour - Kraftwerk 3D Tour - Dead & Company Final Tour - Four Tet - Sigur Ros - Turnstile Time & Space Album Release Show, tons of others I'm missing but those are noteworthy enough that I remember them

• heart 1

spacer.png

IBM Thinkpad - IM Wojak - Tempest

My favorite concerts was a Breaking ben concert I went to when I was living in San Diego and a Starset concert out in Houston. The Starset one was sick af and I'm seeing them live again here in San Antonio next week with my side chick gonna be litty

• heart 1

bf718b6c285b0500bc31c9ba6cb3c9a0.jpg

I went to a Boys Like Girls concert a few months ago that was really good. I'm going to an AJR concert next week that I'm pretty excited for and have a few concerts this year that should be awesome. A Train/REO Speedwagon concert and Simple Plan/Avril Lavigne concert specifically.

• heart 1

ive seen 

Roger Waters twice (dark side of the moon and the wall) 

Paul Mccartney

Metallica twice

Judas priest

red hot chili peppers

Pearl Jam

smashing pumpkins

incubus

duran duran

millencolin

steel pulse

the wailers

slightly stoopid

Cafe Tacuba

Los Cafres

Los Pericos

Missed:

Black Sabbath regret till this day

bob dylan

Green Day

Offspring 2 months ago!

many others that i cant remember at the moment, is used to travel for concerts and go to a lot of gigs over here.

• heart 1

s7pG1Vv.png.359242d156235cbd59b4f50ad28e6cd3.png

Sn0NtFU.png

Hospitality in the Park. Was my first dnb rave and I went with my sister, someone who I grew up with having no mutual interests with but as an adult both of us are into Formula 1 and DnB.

IMG_20230819_210056.jpg?ex=661be516&is=66097016&hm=b85f3ae01897a653d03bafa59c2aed83e404a630bd7ba51c450f23fac6b5f3b4&=

• Like 1
  • heart 1

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte