Revs

Adam_

It's been a little bit since revs were changed to be singles+. Curious since I know Tempest wasn't heavily revs focused how everyone feels about these changes both from a clanning and game integrity perspective.

Personally I think the state of revs was pretty bad, so I welcome the changes in that it's largely gotten rid of protection clans which made the content pretty aids. I don't really blame anyone participating in those clans because I think a lot of people, if given the opportunity, would do so. I mean a lot of the people who regularly fought those clans tried to do the same whenever they could so in fact i'm sure of that. But it was a pretty unhealthy situation for the game and clanning and I think even some of the people controlling those clans would agree. It was also pretty bad for the longterm health of the game with so much gold being generated there daily, and if the game dies because of something like that then well, we can't play it can we.

On the other hand it was the one true hotspot for multi clans to fight it out and it's entirely dead content to them now. They added the slayer cave as a replacement but it's pretty scuffed and even when that's fixed (which I believe they plan to do soon) I don't ever see it being the hotspot revs was, EVER. It's way too niche and not alluring enough to anyone to encourage clans to fight over it / fight there. I hope Jagex will look to add a similar hotspot to revs, but the issue is that it's very hard to replicate without similar perks to what made revs so good for this, which in turn will probably cause the same issues revs did. I don't really see how they could add any sort of valuable hotspot without some sort of issue for the game and people who play it sadly (though i've obviously not thought about everything, feel free to comment what you think could work). Not sure if we'll ever see a half decent hotspot for multi again in OSRS, which is sad.

The new caves obviously have some issues though I think it's too soon to tell with a lot of stuff, the main issues don't really pertain to multi obviously imo, being that the cave entrance is a little bit broken mechanic wise and often lets people log out, as well as the caves themselves having PvP world mechanics and allowing people to escape into them from other locations. I think they plan to address this soon though as well and add some sort of fix.

A lot of solo pkers/streamers seem to be enjoying the caves a lot, with the main issue being a lack of people to kill since the loot is rather underwhelming. I don't really see that being buffed too much if at all though due to the aforementioned issues. While I don't think the game should cater to content creators, I do think it's a good thing in that it's positive publicity.

Lastly I think revs being dead content to multi clans will perhaps revitalize some other locations - however with no incentive to be there, i'm not entirely sure. I think time will have to tell for that.

Thoughts? 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Overall good update. Just wish Jagex would do more PvP updates on RS. 

It’s always who built the pyramids and never how are the pyramids ? 

giphy.webp

Leader / Founder at: 

https://discord.gg/zUkKbwF3zW

~ Clans & Teams ~

Clans:

Satan's Men | Sorrow of Knights | Chivalry Legion | Australian Army | The Neggas Clan | Anarchy | Prodigy | KCR | The Migrants | Agony | TuF | Infliction | Ronin | Damage Incorporated | Violent Resolution | Divine Forces | Chivalry Legion 2.0 | Divine Kings | Cutthroat | Currently Chivalry Legion |

Teams: 

Hitsquad - Founder / Leader - Retired/Left

Ayuda/CommunityPk - Officer/Council (Yeah, I did that) 

Bad Intention - Warlord (Closed)

Team X - Moderator (Closed)

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Overall good update. Just wish Jagex would do more PvP updates on RS. 

Often times when people say more PvP updates I see very differing opinions on what that should be - mainly because there's so many different groups of PKers (singles teams, solo pkers, clanners, bh/edge pkers, pures, mains, pvp world only pkers, etc). 

What updates would you like to see?

Also a pretty reassuring reply that this was the right call given that, assuming your signature is accurate, you were part of CPK. 

Just now, Adam_ said:

Also a pretty reassuring reply that this was the right call given that, assuming your signature is accurate, you were part of CPK. 

Yeah guess you could say that. 

Multi based PvP for teams/clans: 
-Make Clan Chats 200 cap limit instead of 100. 
-Introduce a "Staking" section at clan wars so clans like Tempest could fight VR for 20m or so, have a "clan coffer" and choose howmuch your clan will risk for a loss/win. Winnings automatically go into winning clans coffer.
-Do something with the wilderness Volcano north east above new gate/east of 50 ports. Something like Agility course etc / New P2P wildy boss like "King Lava Dragon" or someshit.
-In Game K/D for the Clan chat - so the clan admin's set what time they want it to start at and how long it counts for (somehow with proof so they can't fake K/D when fighting or boost)
-F2P: Make a F2P Wilderness boss west of Gdz, near E Tree or so - Some type of NpC similar to Jad so clans need to change prayer. But obviously F2P so less Dmg to kill, But drop could be like Prayer Jars / New F2P prayer Scroll etc. And when a team (make it so need atleast 10+ to kill) starts killing it, announce it somewhere in game chat when in the area so others can come crash. 
P2P: Fix "Safe Spots" on all the wilderness Bosses, give Callisto/Vene a "second phase" or "chance" phase like 1/150 chance of it going to phase 2 with double the chance of getting the BiS drop form npc. 

Anything really.

• Like 1

It’s always who built the pyramids and never how are the pyramids ? 

giphy.webp

Leader / Founder at: 

https://discord.gg/zUkKbwF3zW

~ Clans & Teams ~

Clans:

Satan's Men | Sorrow of Knights | Chivalry Legion | Australian Army | The Neggas Clan | Anarchy | Prodigy | KCR | The Migrants | Agony | TuF | Infliction | Ronin | Damage Incorporated | Violent Resolution | Divine Forces | Chivalry Legion 2.0 | Divine Kings | Cutthroat | Currently Chivalry Legion |

Teams: 

Hitsquad - Founder / Leader - Retired/Left

Ayuda/CommunityPk - Officer/Council (Yeah, I did that) 

Bad Intention - Warlord (Closed)

Team X - Moderator (Closed)

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Yeah guess you could say that. 

Multi based PvP for teams/clans: 
-Make Clan Chats 200 cap limit instead of 100. 
-Introduce a "Staking" section at clan wars so clans like Tempest could fight VR for 20m or so, have a "clan coffer" and choose howmuch your clan will risk for a loss/win. Winnings automatically go into winning clans coffer.
-Do something with the wilderness Volcano north east above new gate/east of 50 ports. Something like Agility course etc / New P2P wildy boss like "King Lava Dragon" or someshit.
-In Game K/D for the Clan chat - so the clan admin's set what time they want it to start at and how long it counts for (somehow with proof so they can't fake K/D when fighting or boost)
-F2P: Make a F2P Wilderness boss west of Gdz, near E Tree or so - Some type of NpC similar to Jad so clans need to change prayer. But obviously F2P so less Dmg to kill, But drop could be like Prayer Jars / New F2P prayer Scroll etc. And when a team (make it so need atleast 10+ to kill) starts killing it, announce it somewhere in game chat when in the area so others can come crash. 
P2P: Fix "Safe Spots" on all the wilderness Bosses, give Callisto/Vene a "second phase" or "chance" phase like 1/150 chance of it going to phase 2 with double the chance of getting the BiS drop form npc. 

Anything really.

I think clan system update will take care of the first one, which i'm very much looking forward to.

The staking section at clan wars is interesting. Given the current state of the arena and the fact that it's become such a hot topic in the past few days (rightfully so, imo) i'm not sure if we'll ever see that. I would say that it could just be up to the clans to pay out at the end, but obviously I know why an official option is preferable. Some sort of record of which clan has won the most would be pretty nice too. Assuming anything is done about the arena, I imagine they could probably do this with clan wars but introduce some form of cap or restrictions to make it work but not just make it a circumvention of whatever arena changes they make.

Always in favor of new content, especially wilderness hotspots, as long as they're well done and not lazy. Would like to see this done with the wilderness volcano as well. Not sure an agility course would be the right move since they've recently added one with a decently high skill cap and solid rewards and rates, some of which the community weren't large fans of. The course here would have to be better which I don't think many people would like. Unfortunately it seems that Jagex largely acknowledge the feeling of many individuals in the community that do not like content drawing skillers/pvmers/people who normally wouldn't be in the wilderness, to it. I do see the point but I also think it's to some degree necessary. So while i'd really like to see this, it's sad to say that I don't see it happening :/.

K/D I think was suggested / brought up for the clan system update as well. Hopefully they pull through and this happens. Would love to see it.

The f2p boss is also an interesting concept. I recall sometime a while ago they proposed another f2p boss but it was in the sewers, not the wilderness. Unsure if they have any plans to go through with this but from what I recall one of the devs had mostly completed it. I'd love to see more reasonable f2p content, especially in the wilderness. Almost all of my history in PKing was as a f2p player and seeing f2p in general, especially the PvP aspect rather dead is very sad. Though I guess Tempest and some other clans fighting there recently has given it some activity, it's really sad that just a few clans is exponentially more activity than has been seen in f2p for years. I think a large obstacle to this would be that f2p has no requirements so bots and throwaways to farm this would be problematic. I'm not sure what a prayer jar would be or what the prayer scroll would do but I think making it an untradeable reward would perhaps be best to circumvent this. However only untradeable rewards or a low likelihood of profiting significantly there, while keeping the bots/goldfarmers at bay, would also probably act counter to the intention of it being a hotspot :/. While this is obviously another subject, i'd very much like to see proper investment in anticheating for Jagex both from a technical and personnel standpoint which would perhaps make it so they could have a little more room for making content half rewarding without having to account for mass abuse from bots and goldfarmers. It's a shame Mod Weath left though I totally understand why; I spoke with him sometimes and he even investigated a few things I passed his way. He was a good guy and a fantastic mod and i'm not sure how they'll fill the void with him gone. I think this hurts all future content both pvp and non pvp related.

For p2p bosses, I think this has actually been discussed a few times. Ash is very keen on doing this with the safespots, and I believe when someone asked him what he could change in OSRS if it were only one thing, he stated he was unhappy with how these bosses work currently. I think the plan was to move them into some sort of cave/enclosure to keep them from being able to be safespotted, and I believe his explanation was that this was the only viable way of preventing the safespots. This was mentioned in one of those PvP revitalization blogs some time ago, the one that also covered lms/removal of bh/the ferox enclave/etc. I think covid pushed it back but I presume it's still planned or at least hopeful. I would very much like to see these bosses changed as you said. As for the 2nd phase thing, that's a very interesting concept. I would encourage you to perhaps approach Ash on twitter if/when they publicly discuss reworking these bosses and engage with him regarding making such a change, or perhaps other ideas you may have. Same goes for other wilderness content really; while he obviously can't force updates into the game, I generally find him the most understanding dev in a lot of scenarios and I think he truly wants to help PvP while still staying mindful of other things. If you give him a reasonable suggestion that there isn't reason for people not to support that can benefit the game, he is generally quite interested.  I think a loot rework for them was also discussed when the mechanics would be changed. The only issue I see is that the "bis" they drop are rings, callisto and venenatis drop rings that are insanely cheap so that wouldn't do much. The other thing they drop that is BiS is dragon pickaxe, but other bosses also drop that so making them more common from vene/callisto risks making chaos ele and vetion less desirable. Granted vetion drops a 20m ring so I don't think that's a problem really, i'd like to see Chaos elemental somehow also buffed/improved since it's next to the castle which I prefer to not be dead content and it's also obviously a very classic boss. KBD also drops it but that's outside of the wilderness and insanely less common so I don't think that's an issue either. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, David said:

RIp my homies in vene, now they're all at vorkath 

It's ok they still have vorkath, zulrah, both raids, nightmare, numerous skilling methods, wilderness bosses, scouting raids, skilling services/essence running, pvm services, GWD, corp (ely near 1b as well lmfao), and lots of other content. I think they'll be fine ?

6 minutes ago, Fire said:

Personally think they should lower all teleports to level 20 and under. Make all the Wildy Bosses stay in their spawn locations so that people can't safespot them.

Interesting. With how cheap glory is and the fact that MM2 for pod which is also basically free is rather trivial nowadays, I wouldn't entirely disagree though I do think it's unlikely they would ever do this.

I think from a code perspective they can't really do that with bosses to make them not able to be safespotted, it would just make the safespot closer to the spawn area. This would however keep callisto and *maybe* venenatis in multi and more dangerous, questionable on the 2nd one since venenatis safespot is already close to multi. Fortunately I think these bosses are under review and potentially to be changed in the future as I mentioned in an above post. I hope it makes them a bit more viable as multi hotspots in the future, though I am unsure whether or not they will be insanely beneficial to clans. 

1 minute ago, Flukejiver said:

I mean, that's from the current prices. Wait until a month of vennies camping it, you will see a change ?

True, vork prob gonna be the next thing to get nerfed into the floor after revs assuming arena doesn't come next

Kinda fucked my venny boys over, but I honestly wouldn't care if they even deleted revs, probably the worst update in OSRS as it killed everywhere else as a potential hotspot

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png