Why are dinosaurs so big?

Mk 17

42 minutes ago, Dickus said:

26E234D7-1243-4C26-B1E9-49E4027BAA12.gif.dc50d05aee7fb589cec6c4bca03b5ea0.gif

You never watched the documentaries on history Channel about it? Thats where I seen it lol. Was based on the skeletal remains and some small societies seemed to average in the 6 to 8 foot range

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

4 minutes ago, Vanzant said:

You never watched the documentaries on history Channel about it? Thats where I seen it lol. Was based on the skeletal remains and some small societies seemed to average in the 6 to 8 foot range

It's kinda true but they were brainlets compared to Homo Sapiens which is why they went extinct. There were big Homo species (most famous is probably the Homo Erectus) but the reason they were big was simply because they needed their mass to survive. Homo Sapiens reigned supreme because we had a larger brain and were able to communicate more efficiently with each other. The brain takes massive amounts of energy for it to work properly. Due to this Homo Sapiens couldn't grow to the same size as their ancestral brother species Homo Erectus who had far smaller brains.

2 hours ago, Stewie said:

It's to do with the oxygen content on earth during those epochs, also, reptiles have genetics which literally never stop them growing, like they don't have a limit to the size/length they can get, so evolution over time would just lead to certain larger organisms outdoing their rival species over milliosn of years, making the larger ones likely more successful at hunting/suriving being hunted

Something like this. Abundance of Oxygen and food = big animal.

Important to note is that dinosaurs don't just have reptilian qualities but also many bird qualities. I once read that they have hollow bones just like birds which means their weight is better distributed. This means they aren't as heavily affected by gravity (big size is less likely to crush their body). A limitation elephants have these days is that if they keep growing their body (read bones) would simply crush all it's internal organs. If you took a blue whale out of the water and put it on land it would almost instantly die due to it's organs getting squashed. With lighter bones you don't have that problem.

Unlike mammals they also don't have to carry a monstrous baby with them for multiple months on end but they lay eggs instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

6 minutes ago, Da Bazz said:

It's kinda true but they were brainlets compared to Homo Sapiens which is why they went extinct. There were big Homo species (most famous is probably the Homo Erectus) but the reason they were big was simply because they needed their mass to survive. Homo Sapiens reigned supreme because we had a larger brain and were able to communicate more efficiently with each other. The brain takes massive amounts of energy for it to work properly. Due to this Homo Sapiens couldn't grow to the same size as their ancestral brother species Homo Erectus who had far smaller brains.

Something like this. Abundance of Oxygen and food = big animal.

Important to note is that dinosaurs don't just have reptilian qualities but also many bird qualities. I once read that they have hollow bones just like birds which means their weight is better distributed. This means they aren't as heavily affected by gravity (big size is less likely to crush their body). A limitation elephants have these days is that if they keep growing their body (read bones) would simply crush all it's internal organs. If you took a blue whale out of the water and put it on land it would almost instantly die due to it's organs getting squashed. With lighter bones you don't have that problem.

Unlike mammals they also don't have to carry a monstrous baby with them for multiple months on end but they lay eggs instead.

Our big brains led to democracy today lolol

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

I believe the Earth was created by the Big Bang sry 

9OGbi44.png

[X] Natural Born Killers Warlord || [X] Corruption Council || [X] The Titans Member || [X] Ronin Member

Tempest Member

fukin lol at all the fellas that woosh'd

• Like 1

[13:09] <+Jubita> i just don't care where he is from, idc if he has family issues or was born with mental problems. It's his problem not ours.

giphy.gif

IaUmpCU.png

12 hours ago, Stewie said:

It's to do with the oxygen content on earth during those epochs, also, reptiles have genetics which literally never stop them growing, like they don't have a limit to the size/length they can get, so evolution over time would just lead to certain larger organisms outdoing their rival species over milliosn of years, making the larger ones likely more successful at hunting/suriving being hunted

I clicked on this topic expecting to lose brain cells, thanks for teaching me something I actually didn't know.

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

13 hours ago, Mk 17 said:

It’s quite strange isn’t it that god made dinosaurs so big yet humans and other mammals are a lot smaller. Who do you think god truly made the earth for? Dinosaurs or us? 

God didnt make all humans big *cough* bbc only