Favorite Superhero/Mythical figure

Clark Kent

4 hours ago, Ace said:

Batman. 

I know why a lot of people don't like him. Besides his super hero persona, his regular persona just isn't that relatable but, I like tragic heroes tbh. 

Every Superhero has a tragic history.

On 8/11/2020 at 4:06 AM, True 2k8 said:

I'm not actually a crazy person ?.

20 minutes ago, Clark Kent said:

Every Superhero has a tragic history.

Most don't dwell on it like he does. Most get over their history, they move on. Some may have to face it at some point, but they usually confront it and move past it for the better. Batman's history is a constant reminder for him though. 

• Like 1

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

24 minutes ago, Ace said:

Most don't dwell on it like he does. Most get over their history, they move on. Some may have to face it at some point, but they usually confront it and move past it for the better. Batman's history is a constant reminder for him though. 

Correct, Batman does take his tragedy a little bit more harshly then most Superheroes, but i would argue all the mainstream heroes, do. The main reason batman is loved is not because of his tragedy but because hes a Human.

Superman - until he met his cousin in a time-travel pod 25~ years after landing on earth has thought he was the only one alone. The only survivor of his Race. In my opinion that is more tragic then your parents being shot in a dark ally by a movie theatre. Personally I could not fathom how to handle it if I thought I was the only one in my species, with no one to relate to my biology or my ancestral history.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Clark Kent said:

Correct, Batman does take his tragedy a little bit more harshly then most Superheroes, but i would argue all the mainstream heroes, do. The main reason batman is loved is not because of his tragedy but because hes a Human.

Superman - until he met his cousin in a time-travel pod 25~ years after landing on earth has thought he was the only one alone. The only survivor of his Race. In my opinion that is more tragic then your parents being shot in a dark ally by a movie theatre. Personally I could not fathom how to handle it if I thought I was the only one in my species, with no one to relate to my biology or my ancestral history.

Yeah, that's actually true. That's another reason. I just thought most people forgot about it because of who he is as a person. Some billionaire with a tragic past  who trained with a secret society isn't exactly at the top of the relatable list. Although beyond all that you see him taking beatings as Batman which takes it's toll on his body when he takes the suit off later, you see him falling asleep at work meetings and struggling to meet his other obligations. He's trying to be something more than human, and it shows. 

I think the only other two super relatable superheroes that I can think would be the Flash and some iterations of Spiderman. I vaguely remember both of these as just being super ordinary guys when they weren't in the suit who were often down on their luck and sometimes also struggled to balance their lives. 

I never get the Superman love though. Being the only one of your kind is awful, but he is human passing. It seems like an easier hurdle to get over in the long run. He's also probably one at one of the lowest points on the relatable scale when it comes to superheroes. 

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

kTarztWuVfLaAmzY5HeQEC-650-80.jpg.webp

Edited by s-Raven

Twitch ► https://www.twitch.tv/Thesavageraven

Twitter ►  https://twitter.com/TheSavageRaven

Facebook ► https://www.facebook.com/Thesavageraven

The Insta ► https://www.instagram.com/osrs_thesavageraven/

Playstation I.D ► Guthrie_Sniper

Steam Username ► ravensarrow

Battle I.d ► sRaven#11371

@Vanzant is my #1 Fan.

The hottest rapper of 2020. ?

opmg.PNG

You are the only superhero in your life

Jokes aside, not really sure as I don't think I've liked any superhero stuff I've seen so far lmao

Edited by Pietru

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

On 8/18/2020 at 7:01 AM, Ace said:

Yeah, that's actually true. That's another reason. I just thought most people forgot about it because of who he is as a person. Some billionaire with a tragic past  who trained with a secret society isn't exactly at the top of the relatable list. Although beyond all that you see him taking beatings as Batman which takes it's toll on his body when he takes the suit off later, you see him falling asleep at work meetings and struggling to meet his other obligations. He's trying to be something more than human, and it shows. 

I think the only other two super relatable superheroes that I can think would be the Flash and some iterations of Spiderman. I vaguely remember both of these as just being super ordinary guys when they weren't in the suit who were often down on their luck and sometimes also struggled to balance their lives. 

I never get the Superman love though. Being the only one of your kind is awful, but he is human passing. It seems like an easier hurdle to get over in the long run. He's also probably one at one of the lowest points on the relatable scale when it comes to superheroes. 

So I guess it comes down to who you really are. I enjoy Batman alot, I've been reading his Dark Metal stuff and it is really good stuff. However I would argue when it comes to Superman readers always think about how invincible he is, not his backstory. So Superman tries to set an example on how humans should be. That is what I've always admired about him. His love for Human kind has always outweighed any other emotion he has. Even in his darkest moments, fighting Lex Luthor his love for mankind has always outweighed his hated for Lex. To me that outweighs anything Batman has ever done. Batman chooses to cut everyone off, whilst Superman chooses to embrace and spread his hope to mankind.