Beauty is in the Brain: Artificial Intelligence Generates Personally Attractive Images by Reading Brain Waves Data

Da Bazz

I was reading Reddit and discovered this article https://sciencemint.com/artificial-intelligence-generates-personally-attractive-images-by-reading-brain-waves/ . I thought it'd be interesting to get your takes on brain waves, neuroscience and all those wacky sciences.

Some science stuff for introduction purposes, questions at the bottom if you are illiterate or pea brained

The brain is an incredible organ, one that we've only just started understanding. With technology we've been able to 'read' the brain waves of people for a couple of decades now. Initially only to see in what parts of the brain emotions, thoughts and actions of any nature are conducted. This has been helpful for medical procedures and for psychiatrists. But with AI becoming more accessible, better and stronger we can now also start to predict what these brain waves mean. For those that don't know Brain waves are rapid fluctuations of voltage between parts of the cerebral cortex that are detectable with an electroencephalograph (it's the device you put on your head with many many receptors) (https://www.thefreedictionary.com/brainwave).

Elon Musk has a company 'Neuralink' that invests heavily into this science. Earlier this year we saw what his team was working on. They implanted a chip into the cerebral cortex of some pigs and were able to transfer the brain waves into data to predict what muscle the pig would move while walking along a treadmill. Predict as in know the position of the joint before the pig himself lifted his foot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqbQuZOFvOQ

That's pretty crazy and you can come up with all kinds of crazy implementations for chips that predict things based on brain waves.

Beauty is in the Brain

The study in short. A team of researchers made a Tinder like app that would predict how attractive a user would find someone based on their brain waves. The user was shown an image of someone and via only brain waves the AI determined if the subject found the person in the picture attractive or not. So now the application would swipe right or left for the subject based on his brain waves. Talk about lazy swiping! What was more is that the AI could generate the most attractive face for each individual subject. Your perfect 10! 

Attractiveness is quite 'important' in the social media age but with this application you can just create your own perfect girl and you don't have to simp for some lame 'real' one! But it's also an interesting tool to start researching how the brain actually forms our image of the world. I can't help but wondering if this could help with questions such as: Why would a bundle of electrical currents (brain activity / waves) make it so you see a chair when you look at one and not a table? How does that work and why?

In short

Scientists are able to read your brain waves and AI is learning to predict your behavior based on those readings. This is some crazy technology with insane amounts of applications.

Questions:

• What do you think about reading brain waves? Good / Bad / Scary / Exciting
  • What are some applications that you could think of that would be cool? ie: operating your RS character by just thinking about the clicks.

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

sounds like some sort of prelude to minority report and as a fella with some disturbing thoughts i'm sweating

Edited by Titan
  • Haha 2
  • pepesus 1

[13:09] <+Jubita> i just don't care where he is from, idc if he has family issues or was born with mental problems. It's his problem not ours.

giphy.gif

IaUmpCU.png

I feel like it will be used widely in therapy in the future, such as tracking a person's mood depending on the brain wave pattern and whatso

Can't wait to see what my ideal 3D girl looks like

Edited by Pietru

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

3 minutes ago, Pietru said:

I feel like it will be used widely in therapy in the future, such as tracking a person's mood depending on the brain wave pattern and whatso

Can't wait to see what my ideal 3D girl looks like

Well since you asked... It so happens I have early beta access to neuralink and we were able to produce the below image based on your internet radiographic brainwaves

Ddb1js3.png

• Haha 2

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

1 minute ago, Ssj said:

Well since you asked... It so happens I have early beta access to neuralink and we were able to produce the below image based on your internet radiographic brainwaves

Ddb1js3.png

Ty I love it

• Haha 1

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

2 hours ago, Brazz said:

I don't understand AI even a little bit therefore I can confidently say that I don't like it and I think it will take over the world.

It's gonna be a long while before that happens, we'll be long dead lol

To put it in simpler terms, there are three levels for AI:

• Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI) (weaker intelligence than humans)
  • Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) (same intelligence as humans)
  • Artificial Super Intelligence (ASI) (stronger intelligence than humans and also can develop their own will)

ANI was introduced in like 1960s or so, we're still at that level in 2021

In order to take over the world they would need be at least at ASI level which could possibly be in hundreds of years from now IMO

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

What do you think about reading brain waves? Good / Bad / Scary / Exciting - scary honestly lmao
What are some applications that you could think of that would be cool? ie: operating your RS character by just thinking about the clicks. i feel like it'd be a very long time before they ever bothered with stuff like that so idk. hard to say really, hopefully nothing too over the top/line

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What do you think about reading brain waves? Good / Bad / Scary / Exciting - scary honestly lmao
What are some applications that you could think of that would be cool? ie: operating your RS character by just thinking about the clicks. i feel like it'd be a very long time before they ever bothered with stuff like that so idk. hard to say really, hopefully nothing too over the top/line

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png