Does the community make the clan?

Adam_

8 hours ago, Blogs said:

It depends what you classify as the community? Is it your friends in a clan, the leadership, the values/goals of the clan?

I've had some of my best friends (both in game and irl) quit clans I'm in, and to me being in a clan goes beyond that. To me the community of the clan is the most important, but that involves a lot more than a few people. The in group mentality of clans is what keeps people together and what keeps me playing.

I'd say it's more than just those you consider your friends or the leadership, basically all encompassing of the individuals in the clan and those who are around it including clan friends/ex members/etc. I think just because you quit a clan it doesn't necessarily mean you aren't or weren't part of that community, though if you do cut all ties and really end up never associating with anyone from the community or acknowledging you were part of it then I guess that'd be the closest thing to never having been part of it. 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Obviously dude the community is the main reason I ever want to be in a clan 

runescape events aren’t too exciting especially now with the box fights and stuff it’s gone to chit but the community kept me trying to come as I have m8s in the clan 

• Like 1

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Mk 17 said:

Obviously dude the community is the main reason I ever want to be in a clan 

runescape events aren’t too exciting especially now with the box fights and stuff it’s gone to chit but the community kept me trying to come as I have m8s in the clan 

what m8s have u got??

giphy.gif

UCRfdoD.png

tX2cpQ2.png

spacer.pngspacer.png70b696a3da.gifspacer.pngspacer.png

HwzhImT.gif

The community (neutral/positive) is something that is a must for me, but over the years there's been plenty clans out there that have had negative communities but did reasonably well in the wildy. Not something I'd personally look to be joining, but some ppl just care for fights.