Slayer tips

Vanzant

So, as obviously shown from my posts. I've been grinding slayer but I'm also a total noob for this skill. I'm 2 levels from 83 which is the highest I've ever had lol.

Anything particular I need to get or unlock as I go? Anything advice is helpful,  thanks !

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

Unluck bigger and badder, if you want to do slayer quickly avoid boss tasks (not jad one), cannon/barrage all the tasks you can (kalphites, hellhounds, bloodvelds)

My personal fav slayer master is Nieve/Steve i think she/he gives you cannonable/barragable tasks more often. Block list wise, just block anything you dont like to do or that is too slow like metal dragon tasks. Just have fun and good luck!

• Like 1

bitmap.png

buzAajZ.png.bfd4ca33d2a77553c881737e475ad2ad.png

Latin Crew Officer Tempest Member

- Have a gander at the osrs wiki and determine which slayer master you want to use based on the tasks that they give

- Look at the task weight. No point in blocking waterfiends even if you never do them -- the task weight is so low that it's unlikely that you get them often, it's much better to cancel the task and block tasks with higher task weights
- Black Dragons -> Baby Blacks
- Suqah's are very good XP if you cannon them.
- Learn the cannonable spots, if you use runelite you can mark them using ground/tile markers. Cannonable spots are spots where monsters get double-hit.
- Figure out which tasks you like (always do), neutral (sometimes do), dislike (never do) -- block the monsters you dislike/never will do if they have high task weight. IE: Dont like kraken? Block that shit because it has a high task weight. 
- I'd recommend doing each task once to get a feel for it.
- Burst/Barrage Nechryaels / Dust Devils in the Kourend Dungeon. Super fast XP.

- Burst/Barrage Smoke Devils.
- Don't unlock the boss tasks if you dont plan on doing them

- Dont unlock optional slayer tasks unless you're certain you are going to do them frequently, as it will lower the chance you'll get other tasks you may actually like

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Majin said:

- Have a gander at the osrs wiki and determine which slayer master you want to use based on the tasks that they give

- Look at the task weight. No point in blocking waterfiends even if you never do them -- the task weight is so low that it's unlikely that you get them often, it's much better to cancel the task and block tasks with higher task weights
- Black Dragons -> Baby Blacks
- Suqah's are very good XP if you cannon them.
- Learn the cannonable spots, if you use runelite you can mark them using ground/tile markers. Cannonable spots are spots where monsters get double-hit.
- Figure out which tasks you like (always do), neutral (sometimes do), dislike (never do) -- block the monsters you dislike/never will do if they have high task weight. IE: Dont like kraken? Block that shit because it has a high task weight. 
- I'd recommend doing each task once to get a feel for it.
- Burst/Barrage Nechryaels / Dust Devils in the Kourend Dungeon. Super fast XP.

- Burst/Barrage Smoke Devils.
- Don't unlock the boss tasks if you dont plan on doing them

- Dont unlock optional slayer tasks unless you're certain you are going to do them frequently, as it will lower the chance you'll get other tasks you may actually like

fantastic post, this pretty much covers everything

duradel is an asshole but he's the best slayer master to use

the tasks i did from 80ish to 99 were:

dagannoths

kalphites

suqahs

jad

trolls (ice trolls in the jatizso area, you'll need a neitiznot shield for these)

dust devils

smoke devils

nechryaels

dark beasts and black dragons (babies) for points, before you can do dark beasts you could also do ankous or steel dragons (in the catacombs) for easy points.

cannoning black demons in taverly dungeon also isn't super terrible if you just want a nice chill afk task

this is sweaty neckbeard shit that doesn't matter at all but if you're interested using your cannonballs on the cannon is one tick faster than left clicking the cannon to reload it

also there's a setting in runelite that will mark the tiles of common cannon spots for you 

spacer.png

Edited by eggshell24
  • Like 3

Majin's post covers pretty much everything worthwhile. Once you figure out what monsters you want to do and tailor your block list according to that, it's so much smoother. 

Small tasks like black dragons or mutated zygomites are annoying but worth it for points.

• Like 3

am9lyUI.jpg

jR2KODn.png

image.png

mYDO4EM.png

image.png.73b47520764ae9a63c2df2f3bba2b0fb.png

I have wyverns kalphites bronze drags blocked

use the highest slayer master you can and cannon/ice burst whenever possible 

SGS and guthans when not possible, bigger and badder unlocking is worth imo 

black dragons I do brutal blacks but I do it for money, demonics for black demons same reason, are you going for max exp or mix of money in between?

also I have lizardman unlocked and do shamans, pretty quick and easy task 

use catacombs as much as you can for tasks

Edited by Killaz
  • Like 1

2iAkAAG.gif

4 minutes ago, Killaz said:

I have wyverns kalphites bronze drags blocked

use the highest slayer master you can and cannon/ice burst whenever possible 

SGS and guthans when not possible, bigger and badder unlocking is worth imo 

black dragons I do brutal blacks but I do it for money, are you going for max exp or mix of money in between?

use catacombs as much as you can for tasks

Why block  kalphites?

iDPoiRL.png

2 hours ago, Vanuckle said:

Personally wouldn't recommend this cus they're some of the best xp/hr in the game for slayer if you cannon them.

It seems he does slayer purely for money so maybe that is why? I care about xp so different approach lol

iDPoiRL.png

- Use Dinh's bulwark for luring barrage tasks (the spec has 11x11 agro range around your player) - Quicker than using darts/blowpipe when you have spec.

- Use an alt to alch all drops whilst you barrage - pretty sure this is profit overall if you do this. Also means you can focus on XP and then just loot/alch once you have the stack lured.

- Take advantage of tasks like black dragons (baby), ankou etc when you need to afk. Can auto retaliate for a good 10mins and come back to a finished task most of the time.

- Camp bracelets of slaughter/expeditious bracelet for all tasks. If it's very good xp camp slaughter, if it's average xp use expeditious. This will increase your XP overall as you're spending less time on low XP/hr tasks and more time on the higher ones. This is worth over camping tormented bracelet/barrows gloves - if you want to be a mega try hard then you can swap between as and when.

- Make sure you're doing bloodvelds in the Morytania spot recently released it's so much better than previous spots (mutli/cannonable).

KSVDZyo.png

SCE5Fis.png

o1Uh7MU.png