Most prestigious (skill/achievement) capes?

Majin

I had a fleeting thought the other day about skillcapes and how prestigious they are (or aren't). Decided to make a little tier list on where I'd rank each of them.

I used three arguments for this:
- (click) Intensity

- Cost
- XP Rates

I came up with this tierlist:
image.png.89c295eac9f97c0c90d591da994e6d3a.png

Site used: https://tierlists.com/create/osrs-capes-based-on-looks

Not listed:
- Champions Cape (No clue where to rank this, possibly A to C tier. It can be a very annoying grind especially considering most of the champions scroll monsters have a bad loot table)
- Fire Cape (Probably C / D tier)
- Achievement Diary Cape (Probably D / E tier)
- Music Cape (No clue where to rank this, possibly C to E tier)

- Quest Cape (Probably E / F tier)

Arguments used for/against skills:

image.png.caa4b902e33582b8d4c53c534c700278.png

What are y'all's opinions/thoughts? 😶

ZS5DqGs.png

This is my list and I tried to do a fair mix of difficulty obtaining and prestige/rarity of the cape. Bit of a challenge cus there's certain ones which are arguable -- Crafting, herb, cons are all quick buyables but the time put into making the money to buy them is high. Farming, thieving, woodcutting are (relatively) slow skills but they don't have high cost and their time sink isn't so outrageous that it makes them especially rare or prestigious. 

Think HP / Cooking / Firemaking / Fletching are easiest skills in the game and most commonly achieved 99s.

• Like 1

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

4 minutes ago, Vanuckle said:

This is my list and I tried to do a fair mix of difficulty obtaining and prestige/rarity of the cape. Bit of a challenge cus there's certain ones which are arguable -- Crafting, herb, cons are all quick buyables but the time put into making the money to buy them is high. Farming, thieving, woodcutting are (relatively) slow skills but they don't have high cost and their time sink isn't so outrageous that it makes them especially rare or prestigious. 

Think HP / Cooking / Firemaking / Fletching are easiest skills in the game and most commonly achieved 99s.

I can see what you're saying.

So my argument for/against buyables are this:
- The harder it is for someone to make money, the more prestigious the buyable becomes.

I can easily make 3 to 5mill per hour if I put my mind to it, so that makes most buyables reasonably easy/quick to get. It comes at a cost, and that cost is something I did try to account for, but for me it matters less than someone who struggles to make money (under 1 to 1.5m/hour)

Good list though!

11 hours ago, Vanuckle said:

ZS5DqGs.png

This is probably the closest to what I think. The main changes i'd make would be

Fire cape up 1 tier since it's still pretty challenging and you can quite easily get nervous when you're going for your first one 

Farming cape down 1 tier because it's only a few minutes a day of checking trees and shit usually

Quest cape up a tier because some quests are/were actually quite challenging and have pretty high reqs

Champions cape down 1 tier because it's certainly a grind but wouldn't rate it anywhere near as hard as infernal or max cape and a lot can be reasonably AFKed. I guess it is pretty rare though so maybe from a prestige standpoint S tier isn't too unreasonable. 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

12 hours ago, Da Bazz said:

LR9alu2.png

Something like this Prayer might actually be S tier because it's probably the most difficult cape to get as an Ironman. For that same reason Herblore might be A tier.

agreed

• Like 1

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png

capes.png.c31dea8f966b9d48777ac21138f872a7.png

S tier - would be overall length of completion/rarity IMO. 

A tier - 2nd to overall length of completion/afk ability/cost. 

B tier - Pretty much fully afk besides Herb, so with exception of cost is why its a B tier cape and not lower.

C tier - Some of the fastest EXP rates in the game.. gp = easy 99s.

D tier - just plain meh, no prestige or any wow effect for obtaining these capes now days.

F tier - hands down easiest/most passive capes in the game to get. so common.

enjoy 🙂

Tempest-CST-Sig2.png

@etheroxx on Twitter for GFX needs 🙂

SG9UgzJ.gif