I am True 2k8 - Ask me almost anything

True 2k8

15 hours ago, Hat said:

Favorite CR memory not warring wise but community wiseaaa

Answering this in it's own post....

Best CR moment will always be when we realize that Morg's IRL friend was Saber Six's brother and then he accidently met her IRL. Yes, you read this right. Erin was a member in a rival clan of ours, FT and she had quite an infamous personality and we flamed her a ton for her shenanigans. 

Long story short, Morg had come on and kept telling me had an unbelievable story and he was right. He was at his lunch table talking to Cobra, another on-and-off CR member about RS before their friend sat down. That friend was like knew they were talking about RS and was like yeah my sister plays it a lot, do you know "Saber Six?" Obviously Morg and Cobra were like ??????????????, but he had explained that they were siblings and he was well-aware of how involved in the game she was. 

Morg told us this story and we were in shock, so we messaged her in IRC and gave her CR Vent. We had to confront her since this story was something else. She connected, Morg asked her if _________ was her brother and she was like WHAT? It was hilarious/awkward, but that was really it for that part of the story.

Fast forward a few months later, I had left CR for DF and Morg had retired to attend university.. the same one that Erin went to 😎.....

She shot me over a message on MSN (via mobile) on a fine Saturday afternoon as their university (a major one) had a football game. She was like I THINK MORG IS HERE WITH ME, IM AT A GAME WITH MY BROTHER. She kept asking me for a picture of Morg so she'd know, so I creeped his Facebook and helped her confirm it. She told me they were sat right next to each other, side by side, but they had not spoke or said who each other were or anything. So knowing the shit disturber I am, I call Morg on the phone and he answers with a loud WHAT? I'm like "dude don't look to your right, Saber Six is there." and he instantly hung up.

Best part is I got a picture of them together sent to my after the game and it was just as hilariously awkward as you would have expected.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • simp 1

aUBwTQ1.png

25 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

@Ashley

All great quotes, but #3 will always be iconic @IMK

Papa

I was pretty adamant about people giving post-True DF a shot, I knew I was fairly flawed in terms of leading DF through what they wanted the next phase to be, I truly hated RSB-type fights and the kind of culture it took to be good at them. I thought change could have been a good thing for some, so I told everyone that wanted to quit right away to hang on, give it a shot etc. A lot bailed in the community pretty quickly though and a bunch flaked within a few weeks after my departure. Through the summer time more of "my guys" continued to flake who I know would have my stayed if I still had presence there. 

I try not to think too far ahead these days since things seem to dramatically change behind the scenes pretty quickly, but if clans can loosen a little bit more, I don't see why we can't have enough action to go around for a long time. A lot of people tend to blame Jagex for the state of the clan world, but at the current moment, it's shitty mentalities that kick us all in the nuts.

I feel it's more intertwined between the longevity of the game and the caliber of the playbase.

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

15 hours ago, Hat said:

Favorite DF memory not warring wise but community wise 

Why do you still torment me with trying to click links when you know 100% I will not click a link from you or anyone associated with you?

Thoughts on :HAT: ?????

I have plenty and can't decide, but I'll tell a really random story.

One time Murray and I were in a TS channel after a fight. A DF member comes in, good ole Gunnerguy55, and links an image of his erect penis and falsely alerts us that he "found the spy." Like wut??

Because I'm almost 30 and a manchild.

A good friend that will always be a homie.

aUBwTQ1.png

18 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

I thought the come up of CD was very fun to watch, I just wished you guys were more independent over the years instead of being a team on and off or whatever. I think clans that started from the bottom were always really positive influences for the clan world, they were way more invested, prideful and understood how to recruit fresh faces. I followed a lot of CD's progress through Itz Stalker, a level 90-ish noob I met at the GE when I was in CR. He had been looting our fights and told me he wanted to be a Leader/Caller etc. We added each other, and I was quite impressed when I saw that that green dot leading fall-ins a few years later when I was in DF, even though you guys were.. crashing us.

I didn't really have much an opinion of TBR, we didn't really interest.

@bloodarrow42 was a bit of an internet terrorist and had an obsession with karate chopping my internet. I never quite understood his hatred towards me (While we were in DF, we were on very good terms imo). I just wished he cooled it on that shit a bit earlier.

Having a crisis internally, hence the AMA

Not untold to those that were there, but it's fucking hilarious. In early 2011, we were in some kind of ROT+DF vs VR+EOS cluster fight and we were struggling hard. At some point, Omni unmuted his mic and in that unique voice of his, he started to semi-rage, telling everyone to "bring like 8 binds."

Our TS goes quiet for like 5 seconds and Dennis is like... "Dude, what the fuck are people going to do with 8 binds?"

Hilarious in the moment, Omni ftw

Real men have the crisis at 18 like myself.

iDPoiRL.png

List the hardest challenge when fighting all these clans in your time in df

Rot

Vr

Di

Tt

Eos

iDPoiRL.png

12 hours ago, Vanzant said:

How many hours do you nap a day? 

How tall are you ?

I rarely nap, I was just still sleeping like a degen the other day.

5'8"

12 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Have/had any pets? (IRL)

Is your twitch job your favorite job you've had so far?

Obviously Tempest have quite a few ex-DF, but given how long you were in DF and how many ex members there must be around, did you expect there to be more former DF members in Tempest?

Nah

Yes

Not really, it actually surprises me that probably close to 1/3 of Tempest were DF at some point when I was Head Warlord or Leader, even if they came from different pipelines. A lot have moved on from the game and have little to no interest in RS clanning, though a bunch hang out in the community pretty often.  We probably have more guys that were in DF when I led it than DF does.

11 hours ago, Ace said:

Don't really have a question. I just want everyone that reads this thread later when it's archived to know that you're one of the biggest freaks known to Gielinor. 

Also ty for post count.

Fu

8 hours ago, Vanzant said:

Do you believe Tika can smell incoming 

Yes

8 hours ago, Romeo said:

where the fuck did you find @Graciok

He showed up after TR closed, even though we made him vacation in EOS.

4 hours ago, Tukuruk91 said:

@True 2k8 Whats your thoughts on Tukuruk91? 🙂

A guy who opened way too many clans and had a pretty bad reputation with more established clan leaders :X

2 hours ago, Vanuckle said:

Best clan to ever exist in RS history? Worst?

I will never be able to settle on an answer.

But the worst is probably Zero Tolerance, they were alive for like 10 years (spun off from 3v0) and I don't think they really accomplished much at all as a wilderness-based clan. They just kinda blamed Jagex/everyone else for their lack of production. Don't hate me Torr.

2 hours ago, Frenchfry said:

I would have too many questions to ask but as a side note, just wanted to say I find it hilarious that you linked that PE vs UBH video as I just watched a different pov of that video like a month ago 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwpO0v_5mHg

(cringing reading the comment section btw)

Still had no idea how we won looking like a bunch of chickens with our heads cut off half the time, but still a fond memory

I would bet with a lot of certainty we are the only two people who even have any memory of that fight at this point, good times

I think were actually talking about 2 different fights, but yeah you and I always remember shit like that. 

WOOT 😄 PE ftw great leading after i was piled first guys. I outtanked riley a good 15-20 seconds in the beginning

~PE leader

1 hour ago, VirgoVaca said:

Now that it's had time to ruminate, will you please rank my list of DF's finest?

How's my shit taste btw?

Why doesn't @Brian ask you a question?

It tastes great

And he's asked something in one of the earlier pages

aUBwTQ1.png

7 hours ago, Frankventura said:

Idk if it was asked before, but favorite war against RoT as a CR/DF member?

On a previous post, I mentioned that DF vs ROT had a 16 hour fight that forever changed the tides of our clans relationship. ROT wanted revenge just two months later and kept hitting/intercepting us when we had setup a short prep vs RSD. Eventually we just told RSD our fight was off and we wanted ROT. Three hours later, ROT called it and we stood victorious in a pretty one-sided, dominating fight, peaking at over 100.

Fight topic is here for those that are curious: https://df-rs.com/topic/272/

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

11 minutes ago, Vanzant said:

List the hardest challenge when fighting all these clans in your time in df

Rot - I think the OSRS PVP fight I prepped harder for the most was in 2015 and we basically wanted ROT no matter what other clans had showed. Everyone had re-arranged everything to show up and we were still outnumbered by like 40+ despite having over 90 people. 

Vr - The amount these guys would ddos DF was pretty disgusting lol

Di - They always had considerable numbers on us at the start of OSRS, but eventually they evened out after the first year. They were good fights though.

Tt - DF vs TT fights were almost something else. TT always had the best tanks and they were always part of the snipe team. The Network is the 🐐

Eos - The outlasting was one thing, but they knew how to make a long fight boring for the opposing clan

aUBwTQ1.png

After being kidnapped and terrorized by Harley Quinn, do you ever have dreams of it happening again but this time she keeps you at the lab tied up, rips off your toe nails, grinds them up in a pestle & mortar, and then sprinkles the dust into your mouth?

• sushmm 1

lApm4a9.png

Do you remember when the black knights were fighting for #1?

How do you feel about Virginity?

Is it ok to make out with your dog? - Asking for @Carolina

Edited by Scumpr
  • ned 1

rdFTH2V.png

Q2HE8JW.gifAdkNBbg.png

On 8/27/2021 at 5:24 PM, True 2k8 said:

Over the years Chronic and I became very good friends, and when he was Council in DF, he was highly trusted with higher levels of information etc. At some point he basically had a mental lapse, left to join ROT and exposed our spy who had just gotten member, Jim. After Jim got BS'd in-game for a lot of money, he was then mysteriously doxxed to one of the highest degrees I've ever seen, allegedly had his family harassed and his family's photos were all over the place.

Obviously Chronic knew he fucked up, but he somehow failed to realize the magnitude ROT might take it. In time, we made the controversial call to let Chronic rejoin and Jim rejoined maybe a year later, only to be allegedly be spying the whole time in some kind of strange plot twist.

So the harassment had to have been faked? 

It's not too hard to believe Chronic went to join RoT; he has (or had) a lot of friends there. 

24 minutes ago, Zero_Fear1 said:

So the harassment had to have been faked? 

It's not too hard to believe Chronic went to join RoT; he has (or had) a lot of friends there. 

Nah was all real, and I think most of the people he knew were out of rot when that happened 

post ur speeches

aUBwTQ1.png