I am True 2k8 - Ask me almost anything

True 2k8

On 8/25/2021 at 8:03 PM, True 2k8 said:

@IMK- Every Oliver needs his Diggle

@sheli~ - Needs ass kicked IRL

@Bunty - Just cuz he's the 🐐

Rene - Everything you want in a friend, official, member, murder victim etc.

@Applerune - Has a lot of friends here and I feel like he'd be a good fit 

@Lrd - Would love having this guy around

@Crest227- Fuck it

@Ells - Come back home 

@King_Obina Love this guy

@Pope - Training slowly but surely, but hope he finally apps soon

@Shamonk - Needs ass kicked

https://c.tenor.com/MfPupMtBnWcAAAAd/omar-coming.gif

On 8/25/2021 at 8:03 PM, True 2k8 said:

@IMK- Every Oliver needs his Diggle

@sheli~ - Needs ass kicked IRL

@Bunty - Just cuz he's the 🐐

Rene - Everything you want in a friend, official, member, murder victim etc.

@Applerune - Has a lot of friends here and I feel like he'd be a good fit 

@Lrd - Would love having this guy around

@Crest227- Fuck it

@Ells - Come back home 

@King_Obina Love this guy

@Pope - Training slowly but surely, but hope he finally apps soon

@Shamonk - Needs ass kicked

EExYCZo.gif

23 hours ago, Vannaka said:

Okay I feel like fishing up some questions, I read most of this, and after thinking about it, but funny enough you really do have a lot in common with plav. Just an observation:#

0 how many would you like me to ask you?  :#

1 hypothetically, if Jagex has no change whatsoever and goes on for another 20 years, is there a point where you say you're done with the game?

2 following that question, down the road, could you see a different situation where people move on to a different game as clans?

3 will you always be a gamer? Priorities change etc and as Life goes on, Would you ever stop it entirely cold Turkey? Or not really as you enjoy it.

4 because the competitiveness, as analogies ago, do you feel like clanning is a team sport and that's why you love it? Everything that goes with it, and after so many years together and so forth camaraderie etc., Or would you use a different analogy? 4b. Like looking back after you say spend 15-20years here on rs, how would you explain the 'why' of it to people?

I got to run right now, but I'll type up some more later.

lmfao the little ratboy Vannaka

Q2Qhkdy.png

On 8/30/2021 at 6:33 PM, MILAD said:

which period between 2009 - 2012 was your favourite and why?

2009 because of how many clans / less stubborn clans. I love always being able to find fairly clean fights and people didn't get too crazy with out of game shit quite yet

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

On 8/31/2021 at 7:51 AM, Vannaka said:

Okay I feel like fishing up some questions, I read most of this, and after thinking about it, but funny enough you really do have a lot in common with plav. Just an observation:#

0 how many would you like me to ask you?  :#

1 hypothetically, if Jagex has no change whatsoever and goes on for another 20 years, is there a point where you say you're done with the game?

2 following that question, down the road, could you see a different situation where people move on to a different game as clans?

3 will you always be a gamer? Priorities change etc and as Life goes on, Would you ever stop it entirely cold Turkey? Or not really as you enjoy it.

4 because the competitiveness, as analogies ago, do you feel like clanning is a team sport and that's why you love it? Everything that goes with it, and after so many years together and so forth camaraderie etc., Or would you use a different analogy? 4b. Like looking back after you say spend 15-20years here on rs, how would you explain the 'why' of it to people?

I got to run right now, but I'll type up some more later.

0. up to you

1. I'm sure lol

2. Nah, not as a clan world

3. Yeah for sure, there's nothing with being  a gamer for life as long as you keep your priorities straight 

4.  Yeah I've always drawn sports-like comparisons with clans. 

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

On 8/31/2021 at 12:01 PM, Adam_ said:

When are you getting your ass kicked by sheli irl ? Never

Why are you ignoring romeo ? Gotta do it sometimes 

How much time does VR have left ? VR will be here in three, four years, just the capacity they'll be in is TBD

If jcup ends up base client only how do you think it will go ? Who do you think will do better or worse than they currently perform (clans not ppl)? I mean we were there before, right? I think most clans will suffer in performance, even the ones that cry the most rely heavily on things like RL that do make a huge difference either way. Most clans will be significantly hindered in performance until they adjust and their ceiling will obviously be much lower. 

When are you coming to learn tob absolute coward ? Probably never unless @Ells takes me 🙂 

When you used to use uber eats more did you always look up your drivers on social media and watch them every foot of the drive there or only the one time I witnessed ? Yes

Do you think you'll ever max on osrs? You did it on rs3. Yes

I dont have a ton of experience with any of the gta games though I did pick some including 5 up in a steam sale but I never really thought they would provide enough content to play as much as you guys do. Is it worth getting into? How have you guys not run out of stuff to do? I think the RP stuff is pretty fun as long as you aren't worried about being corny.  There's always a lot to do and the social aspect of it is really fun.

Quincy was notably still around your disc for a while after your falling out, did you guys ever actually talk again? Not really

Theres also some current DF in there including ex and current officials, do you still talk to them at all? I only talk to like 3 current DF

Seems Tempest and Df have had at least a few good fights which I'm guessing are largely Frank's doing. Do you think the two clans will ever be on better terms and people may stop caring about whatever drama ?  Seems it could be in both clans better interests and it's not as if theres doxing or anything serious that's gone on which may be harder to forgive or ignore.

^Do you get sniped in these fights a lot ? I don't see a world in which DF isn't a bit sensitive about Tempest, no matter what occurs in the future. I think any fights where the juices get flowing a little harder is always best for everyone if it stays in-game, so ye agreed.

What are you focusing on now in place of the job you left if you dont mind me asking ? Work

What did you think of Jaja? Never had very complex thought about them. They rag pk'd alot and were a bit of a nuisance from time to time. 

Outside of tempest what clans do you think have the strongest leadership teams? Strongest communities ? I actually think most officials teams we deal with are pretty solid, but I'd give Rev the edge in terms of being on the ball and creative. In terms of community, not sure, I don't stray outside of our own.

Has anything genuinely surprised you within the clan world inside or outside of Tempest since you opened it? Not really

Are there people you reached out to in order to be starting or early stage members who didn't come on board that aren't around as bunny guests or who just never answered ? Anyone worth mentioning ? I reached out to a ton of people, a lot were just unwilling to game or come around RS again, so it would be hard to really come up with someone who stands out. I shot a lot of half-court shots with those initial DM's.

Do you think it's normal when picking up members from another clans closure that some will be a great addition to the other clan while others will be problematic ? ( see: the people who joined from TR) Or has there been times where everyone was a perfect fit? Do you think it's important to give them all a chance if they're essentially all coming over as part of the same community? I think there's always going to be both when you pick up a ton of members from a closing clan. If you have a strong culture and high level of stability, it should never really become an issue.  DF basically said no to an EOS mass join before for this very reason. And no, it's not. You should always take one application at a time, they're individuals joining your clan 1 by 1 and shouldn't be seen as anything else.

When are you picking up the eos and wl guys? We didn't really try to recruit much off either, if they were to come over they probably would have already

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

On 8/31/2021 at 12:23 PM, Adam_ said:

Looking back it seems early on you got a few of the older rot guys to post community intros but they dont really come around anymore, was that around/before the time the mass login spamming started and do you think these may have correlation ?

I think its fair to say from previous discussions you didn't really want involvement in any drama, but given the state of the clan world and who your clan is comprised of how likely did you think that would be? ( for the record saying that a lot of people here may be disliked by other clans due to old drama and beef, not that people here would be starting shit)

Having a few people from sharkbrew around the community have you ever discussed event ideas or anything with them ?

Being in di discord after brian slung an invite into public it seems theres some people not present who are still around the game or clanning. Your discord similarly seems like a place filled with people from your past. Is there anyone who you feel should be in there but isn't for some reason?

Looking at where everyone is now be it the clan they're in or rank, is there any you think about and go "wtf? Why? How?"

It seems like many clans largely promote former officials of their own or other clans, but obviously as time goes on theres fewer of those. What qualities do you think are important in promoting people with no experience leading clans and do you feel other clans should perhaps do so a bit more ?

Who are you talking about in particular? Most of the ROT that came on here just kinda showed up on their own.

I thought there was a bit of a higher chance we'd be able to duck some of the top clan drama if we just did our own thing. Obviously that wasn't the case at all and it's way better that way, clans outside of them were actually super annoying to deal with, setup fights with etc. Our clan definitely got way more engaged because of it.

No

Not everyone makes it to the next chapter. I'm sure there's a lot of people that would be around if the Discord was made 5/10/15 years ago, but I don't really linger on that kinda thing.

Yds (Jay) being the leader of Rev. If you put a gun to my head and told me to name the top 10 clan world retards 10 years ago, he would have been an easy inclusion on that list. Since then, he's obviously grown a lot and I've grown to respect him, but I couldn't really wrap my head around it for a long time.

They need to have a real love for the clan, putting in time no matter what rank they hold. Some people are defined by their rank, the best are the ones that define the rank they hold. Things like attitude, work ethic and social awareness go a long, long way to me. People that stay focused on what's most important will always be important parts of your team.

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png