Third-Party HD Clients Statement

OSRS News

"we can confirm that we are actively investigating and experimenting with enhanced graphics and what that means to Old School RuneScape's visuals"

The clue is in the name of the game. 0% of your player base is playing because of RuneScape's graphics. Stop making the same mistakes you made over a decade ago.

IinmuAH.gif

N2ImPBk.png
  GnWrlh9.gif 
- Damage Inc May 2006 - October 2009 -
- Damage Inc Warlord General -

Spoiler

unknown.png

8 hours ago, Blogs said:

"we can confirm that we are actively investigating and experimenting with enhanced graphics and what that means to Old School RuneScape's visuals"

The clue is in the name of the game. 0% of your player base is playing because of RuneScape's graphics. Stop making the same mistakes you made over a decade ago.

I agree that 0% of the player base players because of the graphics and I doubt any new players would join because of HD. But I do think there is a big audience for HD. The option just isn't available I'm certain that if this was released many people would have used. I myself mostly started playing after HD was released in 2008 and I assume there are plenty of others. I really loved the HD graphics of the environments, monsters,..  It makes the game a little more immersive. The RL plugin would have allowed you to turn HD on / off at your will. I think this was an option early into HD release in 2008 but later it was forced onto everyone. The option to toggle is perfect. Players that like OS style can use that, players that like HD style can use that. When Jagex implements HD in 2030 I'm not so certain we'll get a toggle...

What I really disliked was the change they made to all the armours a couple of years AFTER releasing HD. In 2012 they updated almost all Combat related armour into what you see in RS3 now: https://runescape.wiki/w/Update:Player_Armour,_Gnomes_and_Clan_Fealty . This change was to much and all the armour just looks weird. This was one of their biggest mistakes in my opinion in 2012. When Jagex releases HD eventually they might be tempted to go the same direction...

OSHD  kept the armour into their current form which is ideal.

image.png.23ce76ab63f2db910e6faff688eeabbd.png

That said though I wouldn't have used HD either. I have been playing OSRS on-off for 7 years now. Before I had only really played the game for 2 years. Back then it was easier to switch to HD. Now I've grown far more fond to the OS style.

image.png

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~