Favourite Netflix Series?

Wee Man

It's time we all shared some Netflix recommendations, here's some of mine:

1. The Queen's Gambit - 9/10

The Queen's Gambit is a 2020 American coming-of-age period drama streaming television miniseries based on Walter Tevis's 1983 novel of the same name. The title refers to the "Queen's Gambit", a chess opening. It was written and directed by Scott Frank, who created it with Allan Scott. Beginning in the mid-1950s and proceeding into the 1960s, the story follows the life of Beth Harmon (Anya Taylor-Joy), a fictional chess prodigy on her rise to the top of the chess world while struggling with drug and alcohol dependency.

2. Squid Game - 10/10

The series revolves around a contest where 456 players, all of whom are in deep financial debt, risk their lives to play a series of deadly children's games for the chance to win a ₩45.6 billion prize.

3. Stranger Things - 7/10

Stranger Things is set in the fictional rural town of Hawkins, Indiana, during the early 1980s. The nearby Hawkins National Laboratory ostensibly performs scientific research for the United States Department of Energy, but secretly does experiments into the paranormal and supernatural, including those that involve human test subjects. Inadvertently, they have created a portal to an alternate dimension, "the Upside Down". The influence of the Upside Down starts to affect the unknowing residents of Hawkins in calamitous ways.

4. After Life - 7/10

After Life follows Tony, whose life is turned upside down after his wife dies from breast cancer. He contemplates suicide, but instead decides to live long enough to punish the world for his wife's death by saying and doing whatever he wants. Although he thinks of this as his "superpower", his plan is undermined when everyone around him tries to make him a better person. It is set in the fictional town of Tambury, where Tony works as a journalist at a local free newspaper, the Tambury Gazette.

5. Black Mirror - 7/10

Black Mirror is an anthology series, each episode is standalone and can be watched in any order. The programme is an instance of speculative fiction within science fiction: the majority of episodes are set in dystopian near-futures with novel technologies that exaggerate a trait from contemporary culture, often the internet. An example is "Crocodile", where the Recaller device used to view a person's memories is the main difference from the modern world. Many such technologies involve altering the human body or consciousness, with little in-universe concern for the morality of these actions. They provide convenience or freedom to the user, but exacerbate problematic personality traits. Recurring themes throughout Black Mirror include data privacy and surveillance, virtual reality, individualism and consumerism. Many episodes have plot twists.

6. F is For Family - 8/10

F Is for Family is an American adult animated streaming television series created by Bill Burr and Michael Price for Netflix. The show follows a dysfunctional suburban Irish-American family, and is set in the fictional town of Rustvale, Pennsylvania in the early-to-mid 1970s

Edited by Wee Man

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

F is For Family was hilarious season 1, ill have to revisit.

Recently I've really enjoyed The Witcher (S2 coming Dec. 17th)

The Ozarks has been one of my favorites but can be a bit slow if you're trying to watch pure action at all times.

House of Cards - solid all the way through

The Umbrella Academy - something a little different but I really enjoyed it

Peaky Blinders - Must watch this BY ORDER OF THE PEAKY BLINDERS

Breaking Bad - If you haven't already watched this wtf are you doing?

Better Call Saul - See Breaking Bad

El Camino - ^

Mind Hunter - Serial killer supreme

Edited by Matt Robbin

JlotNFB.gif

5s2DJPC.png

F is for family is really good.

I feel like stranger things has gone on too long. Squid game ending wasn't all that great either.

Black mirror I lost interest in lol

Never seen afterlife or Queens gambit 

• Like 1

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

20 minutes ago, Vanzant said:

F is for family is really good.

I feel like stranger things has gone on too long. Squid game ending wasn't all that great either.

Black mirror I lost interest in lol

Never seen afterlife or Queens gambit 

After life is incredibly funny but sad as well. Queens Gambit was very good, it felt more about the characters than the game of chess and was really well done. You should give both a shot. (You're wrong about Squid Game, my condolences)

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man