Do you still use and/or keep cash / change?

Da Bazz

Do you still use and/or keep cash / change?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I saw a Reddit post where someone had his car window smashed because he had £30 in change visible in his car. I haven't used cash in 6-7 years (only in Vietnam / Cambodia) (I hold 20 euro just in case). In the Netherlands as far as I know most people use their card / phone to pay at shops. It's even so that most shops don't even accept cash anymore.

Do you still use cash and if so why?

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

I've thought of the reason Brian mentioned, but the convenience of paying by card (especially via self-checkouts), not having to exchange germs on bills, etc. easily won out over time. I think one thing that's a partial replacement to the feeling of how much you spent is having your card synced on your phone and getting a message every time your account is charged.

• Like 1

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

Yes incase, but last year I went with like 8 months with the same two 20 Euro notes in my wallet. So barely using it, but you need to have some just incase there is some system error that disables the NFC or card payments. 

dTUgUvM.gif

9ctxpJn.png.7f176442498d0f43a8e5f6bc3c4efe0f.png

Many asian restaurants in toronto gives you 10% off if you pay with cash (prob to avoid sales tax). So i keep cash around for those reasons, otherwise i pay with credit card for credit card rewards and just pay it back by end of the statement period

• Like 1

Uncrackable

Never Broken

Always Egg Nar

4 hours ago, Brian said:

Yea generally speaking always use cash. Since COVID places prefer you to use card but to me cash is king. Feel like when using cash you know exactly how much you're spending.

Is that with a Credit card? I only use Debit cards so once I'm at 0 I'm done. (I do have a credit card but ONLY use it on holiday outside of EU)

2 hours ago, S3lvah said:

I've thought of the reason Brian mentioned, but the convenience of paying by card (especially via self-checkouts), not having to exchange germs on bills, etc. easily won out over time. I think one thing that's a partial replacement to the feeling of how much you spent is having your card synced on your phone and getting a message every time your account is charged.

Maybe I'm spoiled by both the banks I have accounts on. My Belgian bank is pretty decent and shows me all transactions per month in their app with multiple graphs. My Dutch bank has a far better app however that shows me a list of all transactions AND sorts them into categories (or I can change the category) per month so I can see the totals per category per month. I can easily see my expenses / incomes that way. For example; I do groceries the transactions will automatically be categorized as groceries, all grocery transactions are added and viewable in a list. I find this WAY more manageable than before when I was using cash. The app safeguards me from spending to much per category.

I know my mom has all the paper bills / bank printouts but it just creates a mess over time imo + paper waste. As far as I know all major banks in the Netherlands have an app that is similar.

image.png.02217196f11dbdb7255fdf39828c3ad2.png

Overview of accounts | Transactions of single Account | Graphs | Profile

image.png.87b1feb6910ae43a53768fad74d318ac.png

Edited by Da Bazz
  • Like 1

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

Some places I use cash, some cards.. mostly cards since Covid tought.

bbe0171816dd2e2703a5c7e35ae3ccad.png

6BkaIin.png
VnG Pur3 / Pur3 str0ng2 / I work high
= Vanguard Retired Leader, Tempest OldSchool =
= Ex Kissing the Shadows Council / Darkness Awaits CouncilCrimson Raiders Moderator - The Rising Elite member

usually cash but I carry a card just in case, the more real money going by then more people can help the homeless/give to the poor, it seems these days they're the ones who suffer more in a cashless society (especially when governors here once started making campaigns against donations lmfao)

• Sad 1

7jmTOjL.png     

17 minutes ago, Da Bazz said:

Is that with a Credit card? I only use Debit cards so once I'm at 0 I'm done. (I do have a credit card but ONLY use it on holiday outside of EU)

What I mean is say for example you're in a pub or something and you're paying with cash each round you've got a much better track on what you've spent. If you're paying with card then you don't really know how much you've spent. Of course there's apps etc that you could check but you don't wanna log into your app each time to check either.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png