Things you asked Santa when you were younger

Mitch

I wanted NHL 2001 one year but my parents took me to a ski resort and gave me ski lessons instead. I was choked. 

The next year I wrote an angry letter to Santa explaining the situation and my parents still have it and bring it up…

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

12 hours ago, Baruch said:

dude I'm too dumb to remember, only thing I remember is my grandma getting a headshot by the candy throwing Santa slowly driving up the street while being cursed the devil out of the mf 

same 

57A4E4DF-0EEC-4B34-A050-4A53177748E9.jpeg

ROT MotM April 2011

2 hours ago, Da Bazz said:

As far as I know I've never really wanted anything from Santa. We have Sinterklaas in the Netherlands who gave me most toys and stuff on December 5th/6th. But don't remember what I asked for. Probably N64, Gameboy (Advance) games etc.

Yo what about zwarte piet though? you can't skip out on the drama over that. 

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

6 hours ago, Ace said:

Yo what about zwarte piet though? you can't skip out on the drama over that. 

Lol only snowflakes who find everything offending on the other side of the Atlantic, MSM and a handful of loud Dutchman cry about that. Your country and MSM in general is a fucking drama show continually looking for new potential drama / controversy and then blow it out of proportion. Like the USA doesn't have minorities working at minimum wage (which is disgustingly low btw) doing slave work for rich CEOs. Look in your own yard before talking shit about someone else's. You have plenty of holidays build upon the back of slaves. People take stories and traditions way to personal. I know Zwarte Pieten were slaves but what rich man didn't have slaves in the middle ages? Besides the man was a saint right, who's to say they were treated poorly?

Santa Claus employs a bunch of elf midgets are those next on the chopping block? Are they paid for their work? Sounds pretty appalling to me.

I'm not trying to brush over slavery/racism like it's nothing but only grownups twist the story like this. Kids just have fun with it and most love Zwarte Piet more than the saint himself. They love a black person more than an old white one! Great right? Let it be about that. Just a fun children holiday. Recognize that the story contains slavery, learn that slavery is wrong and continue with your life.

They are modernizing the story so the Zwarte Piet is black because of chimney dust but most new homes these days don't even have a chimney (burning wood is illegal because of CO2 output) so I don't know how that makes any sense. Most kids will call bullshit but play along anyways. I actually think that this story is a good introduction to slavery for kids and should therefore stay the way it is. It's a light hearted way for kids to start learning about it.

Fun fact

Did you know Sinterklaas is referred to as a child 'friend' and he 'loves' kids,.... 

I'm surprised I haven't seen people/media go crazy about the saint possibly being a pedophile. Did you know that as kids we were told that if we were bad one of the Zwarte Pieten could put you in a bag and take you with Sinterklaas to Spain for punishment. How's that for a juicy headline...

'Supposed Saint has slaves (Zwarte Piet) put kids in bags and takes them away from their parents to Spain to punish them in his castle'... Million dollar article right there. 

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

15 hours ago, Da Bazz said:

Lol only snowflakes who find everything offending on the other side of the Atlantic, MSM and a handful of loud Dutchman cry about that. Your country and MSM in general is a fucking drama show continually looking for new potential drama / controversy and then blow it out of proportion. Like the USA doesn't have minorities working at minimum wage (which is disgustingly low btw) doing slave work for rich CEOs. Look in your own yard before talking shit about someone else's. You have plenty of holidays build upon the back of slaves. People take stories and traditions way to personal. I know Zwarte Pieten were slaves but what rich man didn't have slaves in the middle ages? Besides the man was a saint right, who's to say they were treated poorly?

Santa Claus employs a bunch of elf midgets are those next on the chopping block? Are they paid for their work? Sounds pretty appalling to me.

I'm not trying to brush over slavery/racism like it's nothing but only grownups twist the story like this. Kids just have fun with it and most love Zwarte Piet more than the saint himself. They love a black person more than an old white one! Great right? Let it be about that. Just a fun children holiday. Recognize that the story contains slavery, learn that slavery is wrong and continue with your life.

They are modernizing the story so the Zwarte Piet is black because of chimney dust but most new homes these days don't even have a chimney (burning wood is illegal because of CO2 output) so I don't know how that makes any sense. Most kids will call bullshit but play along anyways. I actually think that this story is a good introduction to slavery for kids and should therefore stay the way it is. It's a light hearted way for kids to start learning about it.

Fun fact

Did you know Sinterklaas is referred to as a child 'friend' and he 'loves' kids,.... 

I'm surprised I haven't seen people/media go crazy about the saint possibly being a pedophile. Did you know that as kids we were told that if we were bad one of the Zwarte Pieten could put you in a bag and take you with Sinterklaas to Spain for punishment. How's that for a juicy headline...

'Supposed Saint has slaves (Zwarte Piet) put kids in bags and takes them away from their parents to Spain to punish them in his castle'... Million dollar article right there. 

This was everything I had hoped it would be and more. 

To be honest, the only thing I'd heard about Zwarte Piet was that people were complaining about him being black face or something. It's not entirely surprising that it's my country that's pushing these complaints though. We're pushing other stuff on other foreign communities like Latinx so... yeah. Sorry about that. 

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif