How'd you first find out about Runescape?

The End

How'd you hear about Runescape?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Age old question, but with wide age disparity in Tempest heard some strange answers.

For me personally I called up a friend in 5th grade asking him what he was doing since I was bored. He said he was playing 'RoomScape' and I asked him what's that and he told me the website, so I typed it and started playing it. When I asked him later how he heard about it, he said one of our mutual friends was walking around in the city and saw a poster of the game on a wall.

What's your story?

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

Kids used to play it during computer lab hours in like 2nd-3rd grade so I played as well and just kinda got hooked. Think it was like 15 of us played in the class and that’s when I lead my first pk trip 

• Like 1

bc5LliT.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

YIxpZPf.png

image.png.a160ba338667c3bd8c56bcbe1a714025.png

Was at the top list of miniclips top 10 games. I didn't play it at first though until a couple of friends forced me to make an account. I remember around 10ish people at my school playing it(around 6th grade). A bunch of us would bike out to the local library and play together in one of the pc rooms there, was wild. 

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

Just now, dwg said:

Kids used to play it during computer lab hours in like 2nd-3rd grade so I played as well and just kinda got hooked. Think it was like 15 of us played in the class and that’s when I lead my first pk trip 

Got whole class wiped out?

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

In my nursing home back in 2001 some young whippersnapper had an idea that we should play games to keep us more active.

Worked out real well because run escape is so active game.

unknown.png.44cf67c442496f7db87120c1e4c6ff2d.png

Gn7WmhJ.png

qk3sjNi.png

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honour.

In a time before Google existed and other search engines were pretty shit, there was a site that was literally called something like free online games. Listed different games everyday. Runescape was on there sometime in 2001

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 minute ago, dwg said:

Can you imagine the squeeking in that room? Nightmare material.

unknown.png.44cf67c442496f7db87120c1e4c6ff2d.png

Gn7WmhJ.png

qk3sjNi.png

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honour.

Saw my buddies playing in in 6th grade computer class. Think this was 04?

KLxCxWm.gif

Legendz | The Titans | Tempest

[Templar Jan & Feb 2023]

Spoiler

eRp6JoP.gif

CVEebzD.gif

RwjQ9pi.gif

JlotNFB.gif

SG9UgzJ.gif

image.png.6b35b2c7b85eae4569a1efc860175b7a.png

My friends in school were playing it in the library. I decided to try it out and got hooked. 21 years later still playing like a loser lol 

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

Combination of Miniclip + School. Only website with games that my school's firewall missed. So everyone during computer classes / library sessions would play RS or the game where you were George W Bush going around the white house with a machine gun killing terrorists (equally as fun as RS tbf).

• Like 1

lApm4a9.png

My older cousins would take me to the public library and we would see people using one of the computers playing RSC. I didn't care much for that game at that time, I was like 6-7 years old, Pokemon was the shit back in the days. Shortly after my cousin introduce me to RuneScape and here we are, struggling to complete Dragon Slayer.

spacer.png
RIVxF9m.gif
Demonic Empire | Tempest 

Spoiler

image.png