Album of the Year

VirgoVaca

What is your favorite new music album of 2022? Did you have any favorite songs this year if not an album? Did you rediscover something that wasn't released this year?

Here's a page in case you need a reminder of what came out this year:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/2022/releases/ 

Personally, I thought this year wasn't the best for music in my personal taste realm. I'll share a few of my favorites here though.

Favorite single:

Kendrick Lamar - The Heart Part 5

The verses on this track are insane. The music video is pretty cool as well and has a lot of substance to think about with cancel culture.

Favorite albums:

SZA - SOS

We've been waiting for this album for five years and it paid off gracefully. The songs are intimate, empowering, and saddening all at the same time. SZA is a master of a good melodic chorus.

Favorite tracks: "Blind", "Kill Bill", "Nobody Gets Me", "Shirt", "Good Day", "I Hate U"

Oso Oso - sore thumb

Released in the wake of a band member passing, the feelings of absence and nostalgia are received well. These pop rock songs are so sticky that I couldn't get them out of my head all year.  Can't wait to see these guys in 2023.

Favorite tracks: "computer exploder", "fly on the wall", "nothing to do", "pensacola"

Alex G - God Save the Animals

Alex G has another consistent release and is sounding more mature in their indie rock than ever. 

Favorite tracks: "Runner", "Forgive", "After All"

Charli XCX - CRASH

Departing from hyperpop, this album was simultaneously refreshing and a letdown, depending on who you ask. What stayed the same, though, is the infectious songwriting and personality that Charli brings to the table. Also she has a nice ass. The collaborations on this album are also very good.

Favorite tracks: "Beg for You" (feat. Rina Sawayama), "New Shapes" (feat. Caroline Polachek & Christine and the Queens), "Good Ones", "Yuck", "Used To Know Me"

Edited by VirgoVaca

8UbwyZv.png

image.png.27fc9253e555dae9d60c01aac1de43b0.png

Rxj6cZX.png

5 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

What is your favorite new music album of 2022? Did you have any favorite songs this year if not an album? Did you rediscover something that wasn't released this year?

Here's a page in case you need a reminder of what came out this year:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/2022/releases/ 

Personally, I thought this year wasn't the best for music in my personal taste realm. I'll share a few of my favorites here though.

Favorite single:

Kendrick Lamar - The Heart Part 5

The verses on this track are insane. The music video is pretty cool as well and has a lot of substance to think about with cancel culture.

Favorite albums:

SZA - SOS

We've been waiting for this album for five years and it paid off gracefully. The songs are intimate, empowering, and saddening all at the same time. SZA is a master of a good melodic chorus.

Favorite tracks: "Blind", "Kill Bill", "Nobody Gets Me", "Shirt", "Good Day", "I Hate U"

Oso Oso - sore thumb

Released in the wake of a band member passing, the feelings of absence and nostalgia are received well. These pop rock songs are so sticky that I couldn't get them out of my head all year.  Can't wait to see these guys in 2023.

Favorite tracks: "computer exploder", "fly on the wall", "nothing to do", "pensacola"

Alex G - God Save the Animals

Alex G has another consistent release and is sounding more mature in their indie rock than ever. 

Favorite tracks: "Runner", "Forgive", "After All"

Charli XCX - CRASH

Departing from hyperpop, this album was simultaneously refreshing and a letdown, depending on who you ask. What stayed the same, though, is the infectious songwriting and personality that Charli brings to the table. Also she has a nice ass. The collaborations on this album are also very good.

Favorite tracks: "Beg for You" (feat. Rina Sawayama), "New Shapes" (feat. Caroline Polachek & Christine and the Queens), "Good Ones", "Yuck", "Used To Know Me"

Sza's new album is banging

• Like 1

spacer.png
RIVxF9m.gif
Demonic Empire | Tempest 

Spoiler

image.png