Gfx Feedback

Vanuckle

Need some feedback & looking to gauge interest.

Heard in discord that there's only a handful of people who do graphics in the clanworld now. I have photoshop but have never used it. So just gave it a shot for about an hour and came up with this.

9dA7T0X.png

It was late so could have done a lot more but figured it was good enough of a start to get feedback. If you've ever made graphics on photoshop (or equivalent) please send some feedback my way -- I'm specifically looking for the best places to find fonts. Over time I'll get better at blending the gradients for that stuff. Also curious as to where the best vectors and renders are now that deviantart seems to be kinda dead? Just point me in the right direction.

Second feedback I'm looking for is from others in general -- is there any interest in having sigs / avvys made for a rsgp fee or is that a thing of the past? Just wondering how much time I should really put into learning as I feel I could become better, but will just take a lot of time perfecting it lol.

:jim:

• Like 1

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

Ngl pretty nice for someone that never really used.

People do pay for sigs now also for forum stuff, you'd see topics on sharkbrews of shops and stuff if you get insane at it you'd get a lot of customers 

aUBwTQ1.png

GUK0zkS.gif

SwqCHMW.png

First time? Solid 8/10 effort. You clearly understand the basic concepts, just need to work on correcting your own style. 

For example, a commonly used technique, for words/names in a signature, is adding a slight shadow to it and then adding a motion blur. This give it the illusion that it's sticking out as opposed to just having it in writing. 

If you look at @Wee Man's signature, it's a proper use to blending your stock image into the background that you either use/or create. 

I've always been a big fan of House and the logo they used for the show. Have a feeling just a simple box around the V would really make it pop. 

A lot of overall websites that used to be around for graphic artists, really don't exist anymore. Most people have adapted to learn how to create their own stocks and/or renders. 

https://www.dafont.com/ - Was my favorite place to get fonts. 

Demand is higher now than it has ever been. 

• Like 1

ZUE0lMx.jpg

Not bad. Text could use some work. One of the most important things about the text is that it's readable. 

Besides that though, it is kinda plain. Make sure that you coordinate the colors of your background cgs, textures and text with those from stock image you're using for the base(characters typically). Once you get used to editing and coordinating everything altogether, probably the hardest thing is finding the proper textures, cgs and fonts.

Also keep in mind what you're creating is a flat sig. Dunno how popular those really are these days, but a lot of people are incorporating blender edited works into their sigs now. 

• Like 1

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

3 hours ago, David said:

Ngl pretty nice for someone that never really used.

People do pay for sigs now also for forum stuff, you'd see topics on sharkbrews of shops and stuff if you get insane at it you'd get a lot of customers 

Yeah, people on sharkbrew charge like minimum $30usd/50m coin for their stuff but in fairness you can tell that most of them have been doing it for years and years, with animations etc. 

2 hours ago, Trevor said:

First time? Solid 8/10 effort. You clearly understand the basic concepts, just need to work on correcting your own style. 

For example, a commonly used technique, for words/names in a signature, is adding a slight shadow to it and then adding a motion blur. This give it the illusion that it's sticking out as opposed to just having it in writing. 

If you look at @Wee Man's signature, it's a proper use to blending your stock image into the background that you either use/or create. 

I've always been a big fan of House and the logo they used for the show. Have a feeling just a simple box around the V would really make it pop. 

A lot of overall websites that used to be around for graphic artists, really don't exist anymore. Most people have adapted to learn how to create their own stocks and/or renders. 

https://www.dafont.com/ - Was my favorite place to get fonts. 

Demand is higher now than it has ever been. 

Thanks, I'll check out dafont. I actually have some concepts that I'd like to try for the background of the text, I just knew that they'd take another 30mins-hr to implement and just wanted to go to bed. I'll try them out today.

2 minutes ago, Ace said:

Not bad. Text could use some work. One of the most important things about the text is that it's readable. 

Besides that though, it is kinda plain. Make sure that you coordinate the colors of your background cgs, textures and text with those from stock image you're using for the base(characters typically). Once you get used to editing and coordinating everything altogether, probably the hardest thing is finding the proper textures, cgs and fonts.

Also keep in mind what you're creating is a flat sig. Dunno how popular those really are these days, but a lot of people are incorporating blender edited works into their sigs now. 

Yeah I know the text isn't all that legible, I just tried a few different gradients and settled on the one that was... most legible? Before being like yeah good enough for now. Thanks though.

Yeah most are animated in one way or another so I'll take a look to see if I can learn how to do that.

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

@Trevor basically said what I was going to. I haven't made anything in a couple of years and forget really where to find stuff. I honestly watched youtube videos and online tutorials to teach myself and just messed around from there. Dafont was always a good place to find decent fonts.

• Like 1

Nice dude! Makes me want to start playing around on photoshop again!

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png