What do you think about new skills?

Markito.

I think many news skill are not necessary.

For example, sailing, ballooning, mountaineering, and aviation , is it really necessary to learn a new skill for each of these activities? Instead, why not just incorporate them into the game as part of the experience?

For example, you could have a sailing mini-game that rewards players with experience points .

Shamanism is another skill that is not necessary, as it can be incorporated into herblore Players who focus on herblore can learn how to use plants for healing and magic, when also learning about shamanism and its various practices.

Taming is another skill that is not necessary, like players can earn experience inside hunter . This allows players to earn hunter of XP without having to go out for new monsters to tame.

In my opinion, Old School RuneScape (OSRS) could benefit from more updates to existing skills, rather than adding new raids and monsters. There are already many skills that players can explore, for example,slayer.

To make the game more accessible to players of all skill levels, OSRS could also create more places to train skills, such as low effort activities like herb runs or birdhouses for players who have already reached a high level.

Another option could be to create a new area or room within players' own houses, where they could train their skills in a more focused. For example, if a player has reached level 99 in farming, they could create an area within their house where they can train their farming skills

Edited by Markito.

the new skill will definitely increase back player spike so its good for Jagex overall to prolong the inevitable.

While I agree that we dont need new Skills, i do believe adding one will benefit the game in the long run.

hopefully it gets alot of attention and revision before releasing it from player base.

Callisto_cub.png?d6057Kalphite_princess.png?d8722Kalphite_princess_(2nd_form).png?80b36Pet_chaos_elemental.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_rex.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_supreme.png?e2d9bPet_general_graardor.png?85699Pet_k'ril_tsutsaroth.png?fe846Pet_kree'arra.png?f3f6aPet_kraken.png?85699Pet_smoke_devil.png?fe846Skotos.png?52875Tangleroot.png?52875

brPYCcA.gif
1095186697551085638.webp?size=44&quality
OTP | Barrow Slayerz | RIP Peck | Beach Bros Unit
🇲🇾

Spoiler

SG9UgzJ.gif

3BOIKPl.png

Walk Here Isndar (level-126) / 3 more options

1095186697551085638.webp?size=96&quality

The addition of new skills to a game like Old School RuneScape (OSRS) can have both positive and negative effects on the player base and the overall game experience. Here are a few potential factors to consider:

Variety and Engagement: Introducing new skills can offer players additional content and activities to engage with, which can enhance the overall gameplay experience. New skills may bring fresh challenges, goals, and rewards, providing players with more options and diversifying the gameplay.

Skill Balance: When introducing new skills, it's important to maintain a balance between existing and new skills. Skill progression should be challenging and rewarding, ensuring that new skills don't overshadow or devalue existing ones. Balancing new skills with the existing gameplay ecosystem is crucial to maintaining a healthy and enjoyable game experience.

Player Feedback and Involvement: The introduction of new skills should ideally involve player feedback and suggestions. Gathering input from the community can help developers understand what the players desire, what aspects they enjoy, and what concerns they may have regarding the addition of new skills. Involving players in the process can foster a sense of ownership and create a more inclusive and collaborative gaming environment.

Game Economy and Impact: New skills can have a significant impact on the in-game economy, especially if they introduce new resources or crafting mechanics. It's important to consider the potential effects on item prices, player trading, and resource availability. Proper balancing and careful design can help mitigate any negative impacts on the game's economy.

Ultimately, the reception of new skills in OSRS or any other game will depend on various factors, including player preferences, the execution of the skill design, and how well it integrates with the existing gameplay mechanics. It's important for developers to consider player feedback, maintain balance, and ensure that new skills enhance the overall experience without detracting from the core elements that players love about the game.

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

I think new skills can be fine

I agree, many aren't necessary but i doubt they'll try to add multiple or if they do I don't think it would be many nor would they be anytime near one another

most things u mentioned aren't even skill proposals so idk, but realistically i think u could argue most things could be implemented as part of other skills, including several existing skills, unsure that's a sticking point

i agree they could add some stuff to existing skills but in reality they have done a lot, also i'm not sure i'd use slayer as an example of a skill that's lacking

there's also already several low effort methods and i'm not sure that the game would benefit highly from methods focused on benefitting post-99 when most players don't do that in a lot of skills nor is there really reason to 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

I'd personally rather see them fix the skills that are poor to train like construction & mining. Also, Don't see the issue with having another rcing or smithing mini game means you've got 3 selections that keep the grind more interesting or give you more selection. 

On 6/22/2023 at 6:17 AM, BleakTerror said:

definitely interested in a new skill but all of the options are just bad...........

6TprdTh.gif

Spoiler

zEOoY9P.png

8083fbc5493675624850a99d2545870f.pngthe-rock-steve-austin-stare-down.jpg