What can be done?

Nanne30

Nothing will bring it back. The game is too different now.

A new clan world boom could happen but it would take an update that would require people needing clans or large teams. It would also be very hard to do right.

Scenario- large caged monster with insane drop table. Could spawn in a number of locations through the wildy (maybe like a chasm or something you go into) only exists on 1 world at a time randomised. Once found the area inside the chasm is occupied by the clan( maybe have a boost for defending clan). after a few minutes a global announcement will go out saying the beast has been found, where it is and what world. 5 minutes later a 10 minute timer starts. By the time this countdown starts every clan who is out has made their way there and have been fighting for control. Once the timer runs out which ever clan chat had the most kills will be the only ones allowed to return to the instance and clear out the stragglers from the other clans. After this they can free the monster and kill it for big loot. A shortcut could then transport the clan members to ferox or edgeville so they don't get camped on exit. 

With this they could even track clan victories etc.

Obviously a lot more needs to go into it like if you don't risk x amount you can't even see/enter the chasm to deter raggers/scout bots. 

Means in general there will be more geared players hopping around to find plus and dangerous fight with a clear winner. 

More people join clans, even pvm clans would have folk that want to get involved.

That being said, it'll still never be what it was 

• Like 1

6TprdTh.gif

Spoiler

zEOoY9P.png

8083fbc5493675624850a99d2545870f.pngthe-rock-steve-austin-stare-down.jpg

Maybe new major PvP + PvM update like Wilderness bosses?

new massive update for Wilderness Demi Bosses? Make Chaos Fanatic and Crazy Archeologist a multi combat are like Scorpia and then improve Chaos Elemental drop table and all 3 other demi bosses

also, maybe add a new Dungeon filled with Lava Dragon and a new Brutal Lava Dragon as a new Demi or new Wilderness boss that drops a new unique. Potentially maybe an upgrade for All the 3 Visages Shield into a Singular Shield?

^ while all of these is pretty much a PvM update but it will give life again to Wilderness in numbers so PvP players can start killing again.

SG9UgzJ.gif

Callisto_cub.png?d6057Kalphite_princess.png?d8722Kalphite_princess_(2nd_form).png?80b36Pet_chaos_elemental.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_rex.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_supreme.png?e2d9bPet_general_graardor.png?85699Pet_k'ril_tsutsaroth.png?fe846Pet_kree'arra.png?f3f6aPet_kraken.png?85699Pet_smoke_devil.png?fe846Skotos.png?52875Tangleroot.png?52875

brPYCcA.gif
1095186697551085638.webp?size=44&quality
OTP | Barrow Slayerz | RIP Peck
🇲🇾

Spoiler

3BOIKPl.png

Walk Here Isndar (level-126) / 3 more options

1095186697551085638.webp?size=96&quality

Jcup and prizes would for sure spark interest in both f2p and p2p and would make it meaningful to battle

I can see why someone wouldnt want to return to a f2p fight for hours on end, we used to do it because we cared about the members and our rivals but now thats not enough, there needs to be prizes

11 hours ago, Alorus said:

Jcup and prizes would for sure spark interest in both f2p and p2p and would make it meaningful to battle

I can see why someone wouldnt want to return to a f2p fight for hours on end, we used to do it because we cared about the members and our rivals but now thats not enough, there needs to be prizes

no time for more than 1 hour of warring tbh

s7pG1Vv.png.359242d156235cbd59b4f50ad28e6cd3.png

Sn0NtFU.png

I think the risk vs reward factor was a massive part of how I got into clans back in the day and then loved the wars but now most folks are efficient gamer that'll do raids as the gp is better.

Maybe if they added like some clogs for pking it might make more HL plays seek a clan but doubtful 

I think for starters, clans could stop attempted to end other clans. I get the point of a rivalry, but it seems toxic nowadays with the leaks and trying to close clans.. It does not seem like rivalries was like in the past, but I could always be wrong. 

I think some of the problems are:

• The lack of fansites...we all use the Wiki nowadays...back in the day we would have been using forums such as Tip.it / Zybez or similar and on these forums there would have been subforums for clan recruitment.

• The difficulty actually joining a clan - it is significantly harder to join a clan nowadays than it was in 2005 for example; it is understandable as to why with spies etc but back in the day you could just rock up, post an introduction and boom you are in...nowadays it is like you have to win the lottery to actually get involved.

• The culture of maximum efficiency...nowadays it's all about max efficiency over max fun...people are more interested, in the main, in maxing as fast as they can rather than having fun with their friends along the way.
  • Like 1
  • heart 1

I think if Jagex actually took the time to produce a somewhat detailed documentary style type video or even featured one done by a youtuber or something similar to that one a few months back about Fally massacre, about the clan world and the history of PvP in this game (obviously omitting some of the degen shit that happens) i reckon it may drum up some interest.

Might not though so honestly who knows at this point

At2mSMF.png

nullstikesembryo-1_zps311362a1.png.b94ebbd3311d846a500301cc93b42c78.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Null said:

I think if Jagex actually took the time to produce a somewhat detailed documentary style type video or even featured one done by a youtuber or something similar to that one a few months back about Fally massacre, about the clan world and the history of PvP in this game (obviously omitting some of the degen shit that happens) i reckon it may drum up some interest.

Might not though so honestly who knows at this point

its time for you to become a famouse youtuber my son. get it done!

• Haha 1

s7pG1Vv.png.359242d156235cbd59b4f50ad28e6cd3.png

Sn0NtFU.png

What would you consider are the right measures to bring the clan world back? Or do you consider its only going to get smaller?

It's not even Jagex's fault at this point. We had more than enough clans/clanners to make it work. People need to grow up and keep things in the game. If people didn't act like spoilt children and throw tantrums and if ROT, REV and AF didn't have an Israeli style response to anything that upset them, we would still have 10 active warring clans. It's not that clans like DF, TR, FSK etc ever wanting to stop fighting, it's more how could they in this environment?

What should Jgex do?

Jagex Cup

What should we do as a clan to help things become better?

We do enough, frankly.

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

Jagex should encourage Monthly clan Clusters

SG9UgzJ.gif

Callisto_cub.png?d6057Kalphite_princess.png?d8722Kalphite_princess_(2nd_form).png?80b36Pet_chaos_elemental.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_rex.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_supreme.png?e2d9bPet_general_graardor.png?85699Pet_k'ril_tsutsaroth.png?fe846Pet_kree'arra.png?f3f6aPet_kraken.png?85699Pet_smoke_devil.png?fe846Skotos.png?52875Tangleroot.png?52875

brPYCcA.gif
1095186697551085638.webp?size=44&quality
OTP | Barrow Slayerz | RIP Peck
🇲🇾

Spoiler

3BOIKPl.png

Walk Here Isndar (level-126) / 3 more options

1095186697551085638.webp?size=96&quality