Could Someone Give me Advice on Optimal Loadout for Tempest PvP?

DeviL

Hello there,

I have recently developed an interest in PvP and am looking to dive into it more seriously. I understand that PvP requires; a different approach and strategy compared to PvE, so I wanted to reach out to the community for some advice.

Could you guys share your insights on the optimal loadout for PvP?

What are the most effective weapons in PvP? Are the;re any particular combinations that work well together?

What kind of armor sets and gear should I prioritize for survivability and effectiveness in PvP?

Which skills or abilities are must-haves; for a PvP focused build? Are there any that I should avoid?

Any general tips or strategies that you; find particularly useful in PvP engagements? For instance, positioning, map awareness, or team coordination tips.

What are some common mistakes that new PvP players tend to make, and how can I avoid them?

I am looking to build a versatile and competitive setup that will allow me to adapt to different scenarios and opponents. Any advice; whether it's from seasoned veterans or fellow newcomers, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I gone through this  post: https://tempest-rs.net/topic/7789-pvp-worlds-completed-mate-uipath/

Additionally;; if there are any resources, guides, or videos that you recommend for improving my PvP skills, please do share those as well.

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

This seems awfully like AI but I think it's legit. Are you talking about single or multi?

If multi, you're way overthinking it. Just click enemy and keep hp high.

If it's single you won't really get any serious answers here since no one besides @MaukuMaijasingle pks. Just do LMS, even though it's bot infested you'll still learn.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

I also think that ChatGPT has assisted in the creation of the question but the question itself does seem to be fine.

PvP is where the fun begins, especially in multi P2P. If you want to get a good understanding then I would recommend watching the DMM all stars videos that are going live right now. There you can see fights in mystic + black d hide sets and should give you a good idea on what's happening, what to do and what to expect.

unknown.png.44cf67c442496f7db87120c1e4c6ff2d.png

Gn7WmhJ.png

qk3sjNi.png

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honour.

I asked ChatGPT for Optimal Loadout for singles PvP and here is the answer:

Weapons

- Melee: 
  - Abyssal Tentacle: Great for consistent damage and poison effect.
  - Dragon Dagger (p++): For high-damage special attacks.
  - Godswords (Armadyl/Bandos): Powerful for KO potential with their special attacks.

- Ranged: 
  - Heavy Ballista: Strong special attack, especially effective in groups.
  - Dragon Crossbow: Good all-around option with a solid spec.

- Magic: 
  - Trident of the Swamp: Excellent for consistent damage.
  - Ancient Staff: For using ancient magicks like Ice Barrage, crucial in multi-combat.

Armor Sets and Gear

- Melee:
  - Torags/Dharok's Helm: High defense.
  - Fighter Torso/Dragon Platebody: Balances offense and defense.
  - Barrows Gloves: Best in slot for many setups.
  - Dragon Boots: Good melee defense and strength bonus.

- Ranged:
  - Karil’s Set: Provides good defense and accuracy.
  - Void Knight Set: Increases damage output, especially in combination with high DPS weapons.

- Magic:
  - Ahrim’s Set: Balanced for offensive magic.
  - Mystic Robes: Budget option with decent magic bonuses.
  - Tome of Fire: For fire spells, paired with Staff of the Dead.

Skills and Abilities

- Must-Haves:
  - 99 Strength: Maximizes your melee damage.
  - 99 Attack: Increases your accuracy.
  - 99 Defence: Essential for surviving longer.
  - 94 Magic: For Vengeance and Ice Barrage.
  - 99 Ranged: Maximizes your damage and accuracy with ranged weapons.
  - 52 Prayer: For Smite and Protect from Melee.

- Avoid:
  - Excessively high combat skills that increase your combat level without providing significant PvP advantages.

General Tips and Strategies

- Positioning: Always stay aware of your surroundings. Use obstacles to your advantage and ensure you don't get isolated.
- Map Awareness: Know popular PKing spots, escape routes, and key locations for ambushing opponents.
- Team Coordination: Communication is key in multi PvP. Use voice chat to coordinate attacks, focus targets, and call out for help.
- Special Attacks: Use special attacks strategically to finish off opponents quickly, especially when your team has focused fire on one target.

Common Mistakes and How to Avoid Them

- Tunnel Vision: Don't focus solely on one opponent. Keep an eye on the broader battlefield.
- Poor Gear Switching: Practice switching gear quickly to maximize your effectiveness. Use F-keys for faster switching.
- Neglecting Prayer Management: Keep an eye on your prayer points and always have a restore potion handy.
- Ignoring Overheads: Use protect prayers to mitigate damage from high-damage attacks.

Recommended Resources

- YouTube Channels: 
  - Torvesta: Provides insightful PvP commentary and tips.
  - Framed: Excellent for learning various PvP tactics and strategies.
  - B0aty: Offers a mix of PvP and PvM content with helpful guides.

- Guides:
  - PvP World Guide on OSRS Wiki: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/PvP_Worlds
  - Wilderness Boss Guides: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Wilderness

Edited by Valaraz
  • Haha 1

unknown.png.44cf67c442496f7db87120c1e4c6ff2d.png

Gn7WmhJ.png

qk3sjNi.png

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honour.

1 hour ago, Valaraz said:

I asked ChatGPT for Optimal Loadout for singles PvP and here is the answer:

Weapons

- Melee: 
  - Abyssal Tentacle: Great for consistent damage and poison effect.
  - Dragon Dagger (p++): For high-damage special attacks.
  - Godswords (Armadyl/Bandos): Powerful for KO potential with their special attacks.

- Ranged: 
  - Heavy Ballista: Strong special attack, especially effective in groups.
  - Dragon Crossbow: Good all-around option with a solid spec.

- Magic: 
  - Trident of the Swamp: Excellent for consistent damage.
  - Ancient Staff: For using ancient magicks like Ice Barrage, crucial in multi-combat.

Armor Sets and Gear

- Melee:
  - Torags/Dharok's Helm: High defense.
  - Fighter Torso/Dragon Platebody: Balances offense and defense.
  - Barrows Gloves: Best in slot for many setups.
  - Dragon Boots: Good melee defense and strength bonus.

- Ranged:
  - Karil’s Set: Provides good defense and accuracy.
  - Void Knight Set: Increases damage output, especially in combination with high DPS weapons.

- Magic:
  - Ahrim’s Set: Balanced for offensive magic.
  - Mystic Robes: Budget option with decent magic bonuses.
  - Tome of Fire: For fire spells, paired with Staff of the Dead.

Skills and Abilities

- Must-Haves:
  - 99 Strength: Maximizes your melee damage.
  - 99 Attack: Increases your accuracy.
  - 99 Defence: Essential for surviving longer.
  - 94 Magic: For Vengeance and Ice Barrage.
  - 99 Ranged: Maximizes your damage and accuracy with ranged weapons.
  - 52 Prayer: For Smite and Protect from Melee.

- Avoid:
  - Excessively high combat skills that increase your combat level without providing significant PvP advantages.

General Tips and Strategies

- Positioning: Always stay aware of your surroundings. Use obstacles to your advantage and ensure you don't get isolated.
- Map Awareness: Know popular PKing spots, escape routes, and key locations for ambushing opponents.
- Team Coordination: Communication is key in multi PvP. Use voice chat to coordinate attacks, focus targets, and call out for help.
- Special Attacks: Use special attacks strategically to finish off opponents quickly, especially when your team has focused fire on one target.

Common Mistakes and How to Avoid Them

- Tunnel Vision: Don't focus solely on one opponent. Keep an eye on the broader battlefield.
- Poor Gear Switching: Practice switching gear quickly to maximize your effectiveness. Use F-keys for faster switching.
- Neglecting Prayer Management: Keep an eye on your prayer points and always have a restore potion handy.
- Ignoring Overheads: Use protect prayers to mitigate damage from high-damage attacks.

Recommended Resources

- YouTube Channels: 
  - Torvesta: Provides insightful PvP commentary and tips.
  - Framed: Excellent for learning various PvP tactics and strategies.
  - B0aty: Offers a mix of PvP and PvM content with helpful guides.

- Guides:
  - PvP World Guide on OSRS Wiki: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/PvP_Worlds
  - Wilderness Boss Guides: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Wilderness

LOL

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: South Tyrol

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

Rank 3 in the UK for Riichi Mahjong (UKMA ELO)

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

@Vanuckle is our expert id recommend dming him here or joining our disc to find him there then messaging him, he actually did his thesis on this subject 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

I have recently developed an interest in PvP and am looking to dive into it more seriously.
Welcome aboard to the PvP scene

What are the most effective weapons in PvP? Are there any particular combinations that work well together?

As of 2024, we have many Viable weapon to use in the PvP scene. It all depends on what Role you wanted to contribute in a team

Yes, PvP does have roles (atleast in my head)
Assuming you are out with a team of 5 people in Multicombat zone

POS1 - Team Leader - Carry

You lead the team and followers tend to listen to you the leader to focus on aiming your target when there is a fight, Usually gear setup as a DPSer

POS2 - DPSer - Core

Your Focus is to deal the most damage toward your enemy. You tend to bring OGS (arma), AGS (ancient), Dragon Claws, Voidwaker, Ballista and other high hitting weaponry to deal as much damage as possible for a fraction of seconds (sometimes you tribrid with Ice spells/Fire Surge/Entangle)

POS3 - Freezer - Core

Your focus is to freeze opponent on sight. Setup is usually by wearing your best Magic robes with Freeze/Entangle. You typically bring either melee or range as secondary but may also bring tribrid. Your setup usually similar as a DPSer but may vary if you brought Toxic Staff.

POS4 - Stats Reducer - Core Support

Your role is help the team secure the kills faster, your setup usually consist of other support DPS setup such as BGS, ZGS, Elder Maul, DWH, Dragon Scimitar, Dragon Spear, Greater Corruption spells, God arena Spells, Fire Surge or Ice spells or Shadow Spells (with Shadow sceptre)

POS5 - Teleblocker - Hard Support

Your role is usually will not get the kill under your name but help the team secure the kill from escaping. Your setup usually consist of Dragon Spear, Dragon Scimitar, Entangle, Teleport Block, God Arena Spells or Fire Surge.

What kind of armor sets and gear should I prioritize for survivability and effectiveness in PvP?

Swampbark as a Mage, Black D'hide as a Range, Granite/Rune Armour as Melee.

Which skills or abilities are must-haves; for a PvP focused build? Are there any that I should avoid?

Ice Barrage / Teleport Block / Rune Crossbow / Dragon Weaponry as bare minimum. Avoid anything lower than Dragon

Any general tips or strategies that you; find particularly useful in PvP engagements? For instance, positioning, map awareness, or team coordination tips.

Turn on Player Indicator plugin on RuneLite, It helps to see who is your team and who is not.

What are some common mistakes that new PvP players tend to make, and how can I avoid them?

World Hopping while Health is below maximum and not wearing Phoenix Necklace while world hopping

I am looking to build a versatile and competitive setup that will allow me to adapt to different scenarios and opponents. Any advice; whether it's from seasoned veterans or fellow newcomers, would be greatly appreciated.

I would suggest if you're planning to solo PK, wear Rune equipments as a Starter then slowly gear upgrade to Dragon and then up to barrows. If you're in a multi PKing scenario then just stick to Rune/Granite. Wearing anything more expensive will make you a primary target from Raggers*

Raggers is a term that your enemy is only risking Snakeskin/Xerician/Adamant*

Callisto_cub.png?d6057Kalphite_princess.png?d8722Kalphite_princess_(2nd_form).png?80b36Pet_chaos_elemental.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_rex.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_supreme.png?e2d9bPet_general_graardor.png?85699Pet_k'ril_tsutsaroth.png?fe846Pet_kree'arra.png?f3f6aPet_kraken.png?85699Pet_smoke_devil.png?fe846Skotos.png?52875Tangleroot.png?52875

brPYCcA.gif
1095186697551085638.webp?size=44&quality
OTP | Barrow Slayerz | RIP Peck | Beach Bros Unit
🇲🇾

Spoiler

SG9UgzJ.gif

3BOIKPl.png

Walk Here Isndar (level-126) / 3 more options

1095186697551085638.webp?size=96&quality

Interesting let me get back to you

KLxCxWm.gif

Legendz | The Titans | Tempest