Tempest's 4th Birthday!!

dB5RSEZ.gif

Four years ago today, on August 13th, 2020, we at Tempest officially opened our doors. I remember our first days like they were yesterday.... 55 retired clanners coming together, from different eras and backgrounds. Our mentality was united across the board... simply to have fun in an environment that had put that idea aside a long, long time ago. Our shared mentality and made things easy from the get go, and took our expectations from enjoying a bit of Runescape during the height of the Covid-19 lockdowns.. to new heights in the matter of months. 

We quickly grew to well over 100 active members, taking on and even defeating every clan in the game. From F2P, P2P, to clan wars, we did our part in leading the revitalization for PvP clans. I'm proud that we have always stuck to our guns, never one abandoning what we wanted to be different about Tempest. Today, I can proudly say our community stands second to none. Enjoying the game remains, and will always remain, our top priority.  Our continued camaraderie across our clan has been our biggest strength.

Four years later.. here we are. Still doing our thing, still adapting and and thriving in all the changes our shared world has seen over the last for years. I'm proud to have been a part of the journey and looking forward what comes our way next.

Year 5, here we come! 🥂

e28TEop.png

vgAOn0i.png

euFpWjm.png

RZsbvEY.png

M7IqUp1.png

1.png

f0M7i6K.png

fX91XwJ.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

13.png

2hdfPTj.png

9a699e4c4577ce9e98805bdee68ba9a9.png

qItmTn9.png

F0bOXQw.png

e9a331263f81d7c906b516e2267dbbc4.gif

3431707a357653e7cbdb82d2606fd1b5.gif

b43086fe6aea45370fecc02a1356205b.png

eeb918be6c990d7b3f8aa655f8b7e35c.png

mDMr4j1.png

e39f3fb5d9723af6c679320bc3c1c174.png

YBlPbI4.png

cd470665b0bc942fa50fdd3db147b1ea.gif

hjuJqOv.png

wuPwleg.png

7b726d798fae177cd6a2cc3c19dbff42.png

xcJYhy6.png

DwyqUVP.png

FuGrBic.png

8fa9d32ceef04c66730a58ba0eeedc76.png

pHHf6pP.png

1dG6kPq.png

oSBP1Cp.jpeg

kXke0CT.png

pecDguB.png

• Like 2
  • heart 4

aUBwTQ1.png

It's hard to believe it's been four years now. What started out as something to do while the world was in lockdown has now turned into the longest time most of us have spent in a single clan.

Clanning and the game in general has changed a lot, especially in the last few years. Not many clans can say that they're currently in the best shape they've ever been in. However it's always been one of Tempests main strengths to adapt to whatever that scene currently looks like and it's that ability that has led us to and kept us on at the top of the clan world for the last four years.

We've achieved things people over the last four years that others simply wouldn't have been able to do and most importantly made a lot of new friends a long the way.

• Like 3
  • heart 2

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

It's a long one, but I rarely ever post anything mature:

Well, I never expected to clan again after Downfall. I was never really satisfied with how clanning ended for me as I didn't leave DI on the best terms and have a lot of regrets and part of me wishes I'd stayed until at least Ghjjf closed shop, but the reality is it was never going to work out me staying there with the feelings I had at the time so things are easy to say in retrospect and the fact I'm now 31 and I didn't grow up until I was like 25.

But I found an amazing home in Downfall which turned out to be the perfect clan for me after DI and I should have just skipped ROT and gone straight there. But Downfall closed just as I was beginning to develop within the clan and be a part of our growth to become what was effectively becoming the strongest F2P clan in the clan and I felt like I never properly got to say goodbye to clanning on my own terms as a result.

Then True and many others invited me to be a part of Tempest which let's face it, is conceptually a superclan, it's exactly how clans like Adelais and RJ came around. I said no, because I was happy in retirement but it's another regret. It probably cost me the opportunity to call one last time and also; there were a LOT of people in early Tempest that I clanned with as a teenager that I missed the chance to catch up with - as a lot of them were from VR which along with EOS were probably the two best clans I have ever been in and retarded as VR now, anyone who has ever been VR esp back in like '07-'08 will make it very clear why they have so many people that has never been able to walk away from that clan. DI, Downfall and Vitality treated me amazing in OSRS but community-wise - old VR and EoS were at the top and for all their faults, both clans did look after me very well.

But back to Tempest, after 6 months of repeated attempts to recruit me I finally caved in and I have never looked back. Two factors were critical in my decision - one being the officials team being all people I trusted and knew were extremely intelligent officials (ie Brian, Tim, Ashley, True, Ned, Fluke, Nick, J2), and also and the biggest factor - I knew if I didn't come back for one last hoorah, I would regret it forever.

Tempest will not be around forever and we all know that, it feels like every month someones getting married or is having another kid and there is no other game like RuneScape and no PvP scene that is even comparable. It is a unique game and as we now know, clan fights are not eternal and will not survive the test of time. The scene is now basically dead. But the reality is I never expected Tempest to last this long as it was a pandemic clan, like SEALs, who gracefully bowed out once lockdowns ended.

Yet somehow we adapted and we are still here and despite the fact I haven't always been active or wanted to play the game and the fact this clan isn't even in my timezone; I wouldn't have it any other way. 22 years playing this game, 20 years of clanning, 31 years old in age and I can say this is probably the best clan you could ever ask to say goodbye to RuneScape in.

If you are reading this as a guest from the past, I seriously ask you to reconsider retirement. It's not too late to be a part of what we have built here and this is probably the last time I think almost everyone in this clan will play the game together as for many of us - this really is the last time. Nothing lasts for ever and I would say for most of us when Tempest calls it a day, almost all of us will likely quit the game for good.  Don't make the same mistake I nearly did, because you will regret it.

Edited by Lavigne
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • heart 3

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Formerly known as: Born2kill 92 / 0utlaw 0f Pk / Owned Thijs / Pixie187401

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

Top 10 in the UK for Riichi Mahjong (UKMA ELO) / Rank 3 for 3-player

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

Holy shit, 4 years ago I would have never thought that I would be playing this game again. I log in one day because I was bored, started to look what clans were around and got messaged by a fellow ex-TT member and the rest is history. Without that happening, I would have never met 99% of the people that are/were in this clan. Over the last 4 years, we've been through the ups and downs of the clan world... Having fights multiple times a week, destroying everyone in CWA, pretty much running the f2p scene to now feasting on p2p shitters and not having anyone to fight and having to redefine what we are as a clan and a community. It's taken a lot of work from a ton of people to get this clan to where we are today. From the officials to the members, I want to thank each and every one of you for making this clan as successful as it has been and will continue to be. Here's to year 5! 

• Like 1
  • heart 1

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png

Tempest! Happy B-day seamen. Thank you for the incredible 2+ years I've been here for. It's great to be a part of this awesome clan. Here's to many more years!

• heart 1

KLxCxWm.gif

Legendz | The Titans | Tempest

[Templar Jan & Feb 2023]

Spoiler

eRp6JoP.gif

CVEebzD.gif

RwjQ9pi.gif

JlotNFB.gif

SG9UgzJ.gif

image.png.6b35b2c7b85eae4569a1efc860175b7a.png