Diversity hires

Megaman

I've definitely seen a few professors who are lol

spacer.png

IBM Thinkpad - IM Wojak - Cloud Rat

Previously The Stricken Cards - License 2 Kill - Infinite Lurers - Reign of Terror

honestly, the term is used too loosely.

I'm swedish by nationality, but not ethnically. Granted I've run my own business for a very long time and never took an employment somewhere else, but if I was to apply for a job that I'm more than qualified for based on my resume (solely) and do good at the interview, would I be seen as a diversity hire from the outside world? I mean yeah if I do a shitty job to the point where even idiots at the company would ask how I even got here in the first place, but if strictly hiring from the culture you're most comfortable with, aren't you risking the chance of missing out on a really good candidate that would possibly be superior to the culture you're comfortable with? 

e: diversity hiring is quite possibly something that happens more often than not in government institutions, and obviously companies with an ESG score trying to keep a "politically correct" mentality inside the company. Also, would it not be stupid as fuck to entirely neglect the individuals qualifications and rather focus on their colour of skin, or even ethnicity just to fit the general narrative? 

I mean I've visited doctors and nurses here in Stockholm that are from a different background, some even residing here two or three years with a very thick accent and mispronouncing words or even speaking with bad grammar. I'm not one to play with my health when it comes to it, but I can tell you that 9 times out of 10, they are better than actual Swedish doctors, especially middle eastern doctors/eastern european. 

Edited by MILAD

Q2Qhkdy.png

as a white male i'm not fortunate enough for that

plenty of non-white males in the upper echelons of my company but honestly they're all very qualified and good at what they do. so i've never considered it. i'm sure it exists elsewhere. definitely nowhere near as prevalent as some groups would like to believe, though.

lApm4a9.png