Official NCAA Football Thread

Pengy

18 minutes ago, Dickus said:

committee got 0 respect for Cinci

I agree. Punish them for not playing since nov 21 when Ohio state has only played once since nov 21. Cincinnati should be above some of the two loss teams ahead of them for sure. 

Florida only dropping one spot was a joke. Losing at home to that LSU squad is not great. 

Iowa state being #6 is pretty bad in my opinion too. The sun belt is 3-0 against the big 12 including a 17 point win against Iowa state

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png

On 12/15/2020 at 10:17 PM, dnd5 said:

I agree. Punish them for not playing since nov 21 when Ohio state has only played once since nov 21. Cincinnati should be above some of the two loss teams ahead of them for sure. 

Florida only dropping one spot was a joke. Losing at home to that LSU squad is not great. 

Iowa state being #6 is pretty bad in my opinion too. The sun belt is 3-0 against the big 12 including a 17 point win against Iowa state

ISU should not be #6

put all the undefeated G5s higher in the rankings imo

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

7 minutes ago, dnd5 said:

I actually would be okay with that. Keep the playoff but use the bcs system for the rankings. 

I've heard this idea a lot recently (partly because the rankings are just so bad this year)

the playoff committee either needs to be more transparent or we need to take out anyone who might even have the slightest conflict of interest

7UeTgyB.png

don't be the third whale

2 minutes ago, Howl said:

I've heard this idea a lot recently (partly because the rankings are just so bad this year)

the playoff committee either needs to be more transparent or we need to take out anyone who might even have the slightest conflict of interest

Its also harder due to the lack of nonconference games, but lets be real, the best big 12 teams have 2 losses and have no business being where they're at. That league and the pac 12 are the biggest jokes honestly 

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png

6 minutes ago, dnd5 said:

Its also harder due to the lack of nonconference games, but lets be real, the best big 12 teams have 2 losses and have no business being where they're at. That league and the pac 12 are the biggest jokes honestly 

imo (regardless of conference) a 2 loss team shouldn't be ranked over an undefeated team

1 loss can be a fluke, slip up, etc

2 losses means your team has clear flaws and doesn't consistently execute

7UeTgyB.png

don't be the third whale

6 hours ago, Pengy said:

New year, same teams in the playoffs. CFP really needs to be expanded.

I think it's partly because we're seeing two of the best dynasties ever happen simultaneously, but I agree. I'd at least like to see G5 teams be given the chance. I absolutely think Cincy should've made it this year.

7UeTgyB.png

don't be the third whale