Has RS affected somehow your life on a positive way?

Eric

I learnt English purely from RS, did not know a single word before I played

Also turned me into a paranoid war veteran but I'm sure that's not a good thing

Edited by Pietru

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

Maybe it kept me "more immature" at the start of the whole clanning era for me (2005..). As I grew up alone with my mother only, I was really ahead of everyone in my youth, best at school and less involved with teen drama as I was always counted as adult within other adult people around me. 

The whole mess of the clanworld and community on side kept me grounded and in contact with the immature side also ? That can be positive at times!! ? 

dTUgUvM.gif

9ctxpJn.png.7f176442498d0f43a8e5f6bc3c4efe0f.png

Being an official when you are younger definitely teaches you a bit about being a leader. Any decision I would make, I would always put myself in the shoes of a member. Not for me to make up my mind, but just to understand how they could take it. That’s just a small portion, I know there is probably way more

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png

I have made some nice friends irl while playing RS. It teached me how to speak and write English since at the age of 12 i didn't even know a single english word.

image.png.8c48770a0ef0f004eaca34db7d861168.png

\_________________________________________________________________________/

441546580_AoWending.png.ceff9a7bfa64e8824cb65025ee5a997c.png

/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\

Always underrated , never dominated

buzAajZ.png

I met my husband in 2008 through RS, so yeah, it definitely had a positive impact on my life. Additionally, I've made several lifelong friends. I also agree with Fluke that having responsibilities back then in leader-type roles helped me mature and develop positive social/professional skills irl.

• heart 1

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

I had similar experiences to others being in a leadership role at a young age, which helps to teach strategic thinking and mentally simulating the outcomes of decisions made.

However, something that I didn't see in the thread yet that probably many of us could consider is that Runescape kept me out of trouble as a rowdy teenager.  When I was in middle/early high school before I found Runescape, I was starting to hang out with a bad crowd.  While most of my friends were about 14, we had an older guy in our group with a truck who we thought was just about the coolest guy ever.  That older guy was getting us to do stupid things that could have ended us up in a lot of trouble.  While I wasn't the most rowdy of my friends, I remember being along for the ride when mailboxes were blown up with fire works, my friends were stealing lumber supplies from a building site to build a tree house, and I remember being chased into the woods by police sirens after exploring an abandoned building.  I also remember being knocked out after our group got into a fight with another group of rowdy teenagers (I was lucky, one of our group got his jaw broken and had to drink ensure milk as his food for a few months).  Playing Runescape got me into a different group of friends and I spent less and less time with my old ones.

I've got a good life now.  Never really been in any serious trouble as an adult and I (unfortunately) can't say the same about some of my old friends.  Thanks for making me a nerd, Runescape.

• Like 1

7R85FSe.png

1 hour ago, Krystal said:

I met my husband in 2008 through RS, so yeah, it definitely had a positive impact on my life. Additionally, I've made several lifelong friends. I also agree with Fluke that having responsibilities back then in leader-type roles helped me mature and develop positive social/professional skills irl.

Getting a couple out from Rs is quite a lot! very nice

• heart 1

Signature1.png.6e45d7e6480474f7527ac0a4d644a2e6.png

signature3.gif.b81f19bc9f085dd908b086fd774c0d8b.gif

signature34.gif.58e09c2de33fbc5636d73b95b8eb91e0.gif

27 minutes ago, 3lite said:

I had similar experiences to others being in a leadership role at a young age, which helps to teach strategic thinking and mentally simulating the outcomes of decisions made.

However, something that I didn't see in the thread yet that probably many of us could consider is that Runescape kept me out of trouble as a rowdy teenager.  When I was in middle/early high school before I found Runescape, I was starting to hang out with a bad crowd.  While most of my friends were about 14, we had an older guy in our group with a truck who we thought was just about the coolest guy ever.  That older guy was getting us to do stupid things that could have ended us up in a lot of trouble.  While I wasn't the most rowdy of my friends, I remember being along for the ride when mailboxes were blown up with fire works, my friends were stealing lumber supplies from a building site to build a tree house, and I remember being chased into the woods by police sirens after exploring an abandoned building.  I also remember being knocked out after our group got into a fight with another group of rowdy teenagers (I was lucky, one of our group got his jaw broken and had to drink ensure milk as his food for a few months).  Playing Runescape got me into a different group of friends and I spent less and less time with my old ones.

I've got a good life now.  Never really been in any serious trouble as an adult and I (unfortunately) can't say the same about some of my old friends.  Thanks for making me a nerd, Runescape.

It looks like you found a good group in Rs. There is a lot of toxic people who could have taken you on a bad path as well

Signature1.png.6e45d7e6480474f7527ac0a4d644a2e6.png

signature3.gif.b81f19bc9f085dd908b086fd774c0d8b.gif

signature34.gif.58e09c2de33fbc5636d73b95b8eb91e0.gif