Disney Plus Premier Access

Brazz

2 hours ago, true said:

What? Fuck that.

Yeah but you get to keep it. I personally bought raya and Mulan both because it’s like going to the movies anyways. 

• Like 1

cFTqljb.png

1TecbFa.png

061Hnpx.png

chcyzKa.gif

Personally I wouldn't pay that much to watch it at home. The TV we have isn't that big and almost no one at home really watches tv anymore so the experience wouldn't be as nice. At the same time, I feel like theatre experience is just a different kind of feel.

As for D+, I have access to a friends account who purchased Mulan so I got to watch it. Either that he had free access because of the package he is subscribed to? Idk. 

• Like 1

2GMe61I.png

Re: the BS price tags to rent some of their movies 

I think what people miss - particularly people who don't have young children - is that the $20-35 you spend renting a movie is worth the 1.5-3 hours your kids spend in front of the TV not bothering you, especially if you're WFH. Think if it as $10-15/hour to babysit your kids. It's an absolute no brainer.

That said, I'm tired of paying for all the subscriptions. I've got over half a dozen logins for various platforms and they all charge something different. It's grown into a nuisance but I will NEVER pay for cable TV in its current state. I think there's a natural path we've collectively taken here, with people all at different steps: a. hating cable/packages/contracts -> b. subscription based model -> c. tired of so many subscriptions/different payments, etc. -> d. some alternative to cable (sort of like a YouTube TV type offering) -> e. tired of rising costs of those products. 

I'm about at step e. I just can't really justify spending what most of these companies charge for a typical cable tv package. It is insanity

Edited by Applerune
  • Like 1

i wouldve paid the premier access if disney had hyped up the movie more or made me care about the movies... mulan which had controversy and complete change in story prior to launch and then some raya the dragon movie i never even knew about until launch day is just 🤠. 30 dollars for premier access to something like toy story x or most marvel movies, hell yeah i'd try to see that asap

• Like 1

drake.png.9610b4e05b74e757fb0e274545cd5603.png