How do you invest?

Wise Counsel

I did bitcoin in the beginning and did quite well out of pure luck.

Aside of that I really just stick with my rental property and my residence. I put extra on my mortgage every week. 

I top up my work pension as much as possible as well as my rrsp. Any extra money I make goes towards my retirement. Can never predict thr future but so far I have my retirement up to 65k a year with 31 years left to go.

• Like 1

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

Mostly index and ETFs.  401k is set up through mostly various blue chip funds.  Mess around with individual stuff on a daily basis, not too significant though.  

• Like 1

TbAn2mL.png

8 hours ago, Wise Counsel said:

Post your investment strategy and why you think it’s a good idea.

Personally, I invest in the S&P 500 index for long term investing because the fees are extremely low and it outperforms close to 99% of professionals after 20+ years. For short or medium term goals, I invest in Vanguard ETFs based on an appropriate level of risk. I also hold a couple individual stocks of large companies that I worked for because I believe they will do well after 30 years.

If you’re looking for help, you’re welcome to ask privately or publicly. I work in wealth management and would be happy to answer questions.

I think we have very similar investing strategies/philosophies buddy.

ETFS - The majority of my portfolio is the same as yours, S&P 500 index etfs. I do also hold global market etfs, TSX60 etfs, emerging market etfs (ticker: VOO, VTI, etc)  For these we're looking for something that tracks the overall market, aiming for the average market returns. We have no issues with market volatility and poor performance during recession years. These ETFs we hold on for long term and never sell unless a huge catastrophe happens (fingers crossed) or we see a big opportunity putting our capital somewhere else (rarely this happens). After consideration of the above, we are expecting 8%-10% growth per year.  After my partner & I receive our paycheques and pay our bills, we put a small portion into these ETFs every 2 weeks regardless of if it's up or down. We can do this as we also save roughly the same amount in cash to have for emergencies or if the market tanks (such as In march 2020) in which we'll heavily flow our capital into S&P500 etfs or individual stocks.

Individual stocks - Dividend / Growth . 

Dividend - A heavy focus on dividend stocks for the cash flow. As I get older I plan on moving more into the dividend stocks and just straight up quit my job and get paid to chill at home.  Mainly for me thees are banks or health care related companies.  Been great so far, only thing that's down is Carnival Cruise lines. I had it for 1.5 years prior to covid-19 as it had great dividends. Just unfortunate and I wasn't able to sell in time before the shares tanked.

Growth - Just whatever growth stocks I think have great potential.  Made some great gains in Tesla (TSLA) and Disney (DIS) which I've both held since 2018. Recently Voyager Digital (VYGVF) has been doing well for me

Real estate - Love it for the cash flow and long term stability. When purchasing a new property I look at either if it will net me positive cash flow or does it come with a great piece of land that will appreciate well over time. I love the stability and dealing with tenants have for the most part been fine thankfully.

BTC - To diversify, I put a tiny tiny bit into this.

Tldr sorry for the long post, probably the most passionate thing I'm into other than eggs. Invest your money friends!!

• bank 1

Uncrackable

Never Broken

Always Egg Nar