What’s the deal with airline food?

VirgoVaca

Have you ordered food on a plane?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have you ever ordered food on a plane?

I don't order but eat what they bring tbh, kinda pointless to order when the food you already is hella good or you will spend the flight asleep.

What did you get? I’m not just talking peanuts here or biscoff here. 

How was your experience with service and food quality?

Think my worst experience was with TAP.  AIrFrance, KLM, Lufthansa are my top #3 services, foodwise and service

Did you get your drank on? (Drunk and high at the same time drinking champagne on an airplane - 2 chainz)

Nope

Edited by Mona

2jb58W5.png

rave2.gif

9vOiE6V.png

rave2.gif

yGKXcmV.png

nah but i also haven't flown since i was a kid. i also have a fear of heights so i'm not even sure how well i'd fly, but if i did there may be a chance i'd end up drinking for that reason

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

2 hours ago, Krystal said:

My very first flight was to visit my then-RS-bf-now-husband IRL. Get you a long distance relationship to motivate you. 💪 But honestly, it's really not that bad imo. I find that the time in the sky is pretty relaxing. It's dealing with the commotion at the airports (security, layovers) that can be stressful to me. 

I think for me its a letting go of control type of situation. Its one reason why i typically drive everywhere even when i'm with friends ha ha

rdFTH2V.png

Q2HE8JW.gifAdkNBbg.png

1 hour ago, Scumpr said:

I think for me its a letting go of control type of situation. Its one reason why i typically drive everywhere even when i'm with friends ha ha

My husband has the exact same issue actually! He starts having mild panic attacks when we take off in a plane and he prefers being the driver whenever we go places. He said the same thing as you about being uncomfortable with being not in control.

We want to go to Europe someday so I'm not sure how that's going to work for him if we ever do it. x.x

Edited by Krystal

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

11 hours ago, Blogs said:

- If it's provided (which is most flights I'm on), not going to bother if it's an hour or two.

- All sorts, flight this week I got a chicken curry/rice and then an omelette. 

- Qatar is excellent, Emirates is good, Virgin is okay. Turkish/BA are pretty poor. Imagine anything like Delta/Southwest/RyanAir/EasyJet are awful, but I'd still eat it if it's free.

Did you get your drank on? 

- Yes, trying to make back the cost of the ticket and hope I pass out. Easily went through 10+ glasses of champagne last trip. Will always choose an aisle seat for extra leg room and easy/regular bathroom access..

o1Uh7MU.png

- ordered no, but included with international flights

- some generic airplane meal - i always love the international versions though. the return trip always has the international food

- food quality is worse than microwave food. never get a chicken breast cause thats harder than me next to a premier aa of gielinor

Did you get your drank on? (Drunk and high at the same time drinking champagne on an airplane - 2 chainz)

- no im too young to drink

drake.png.9610b4e05b74e757fb0e274545cd5603.png

Never ordered, I've only eaten airline food when it's included (whether that's due to flying first class or long haul international)

I had some chicken and rice dish in economy on Delta on my flight to Australia. It was edible.

I had some kind of Asian noodle thing flying between Australia and New Zealand on Virgin Australia. Also edible.

I think I had some other kind of noodle/pasta dish flying Virgin Australia back to the US. Edible, but the "hot dog" snack that was given to us like halfway through the flight was the single most disgusting thing I've ever attempted to eat.

Mediocre to horse-shit. My understanding is that food served in first/business class on the Middle Eastern and some European/Asian airlines is actually good or even incredible, but airlines in America don't have any incentive to provide the quality that these other carriers do, so you simply aren't going to find that here.

I usually do if its free. I've been upgraded to first class on almost every flight I've taken in the last year since so few people are flying, so that's been nice.