What’s your favorite era in history?

Flukejiver

Throughout the history of humans, we have gone through so many different periods and eras.

My favorite would have to be specifically the Viking Age which is said to be around year 800-1100. Learning about it was so interesting. They legit didn’t give a damn about anything. 

What was/is your favorite to learn about? It doesn’t have to be a specific era, but maybe something within an era.

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png

I loved learning about history in uni and think there are fascinating lessons that are applicable to the modern age in all periods.

Personal favourite ofc is the European Enlightenment (early 1700s) to the Napoleonic Wars (~1800 to 1815). From ideas that literally shaped the western world as we know it (development of intellectual reason, growth of individualism, a challenge to existing religious and political structures), to the revolutions experienced as these ideas came to the forefront, and then of course Napoleon and his march across Europe (only to meet catastrophic failure in Russia... 😪). So many interesting things that happened in such a short space of time, all of which continue to have an influence on the way we live our current lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

Always found early-mid 1900s pretty fascinating... a lot of tough people coming out of there and big time change in a number of industries, society, etc which are still present in today's world.

• Like 2

TbAn2mL.png

For average person quality of life was shit across the board pre-20th century, so most recent era is best since it has most innovations/technological advancements.

In terms of learning and interest the Cold War Era was the most interesting for me.

• Like 2

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

Tbf would have been fun to visit the 50s and 60s in the US with all the retro stuff you see on movies

For learning, Romans and Vikings were probably the more interesting. Was never a fan of modern history tbh, so anything after the industrial revolution.  1600s were pretty decent with learning about European expansion and discovering the world. 

• Like 1

image.png.0358268c7f5f2f230c3d2a47af7fa054.png

image.png.c6714542ccdd1aa2374d70c8c1c3b1af.png

Knew curtis would say something bent about Rome he is bent as chit after all

I find the Wild West amazing, same as the American war of independence

also 1700s and piracy is fascinating, places like Nassau are truly incredible on how they were formed or taken shall I say…. 

I like WW2 as well, the Cold War, the Chinese mao revolution and the Vietnam war is also extremely fascinating, all tie in together and bring such interesting topics out. USA being a bully usually most of the time

• Like 1

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Mk 17 said:

Knew curtis would say something bent about Rome he is bent as chit after all

I find the Wild West amazing, same as the American war of independence

also 1700s and piracy is fascinating, places like Nassau are truly incredible on how they were formed or taken shall I say…. 

I like WW2 as well, the Cold War, the Chinese mao revolution and the Vietnam war is also extremely fascinating, all tie in together and bring such interesting topics out. USA being a bully usually most of the time

this is the bentest of all the things posted ffs

cowboys and pirates omfg

• Haha 1

giphy.gif

UCRfdoD.png

tX2cpQ2.png

spacer.pngspacer.png70b696a3da.gifspacer.pngspacer.png

HwzhImT.gif