I am Ghjjf - Ask me anything

Brian

Do you actually eat irish stew and drink guiness?

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

Has leading a clan taught you anything about yourself?

When you promoted me to council did you know I was like 16?

Why am I not one of your favorite callers? 

Do you think mrk00lguy actually hates muslims?

Thanks for closing Di. Hope you're well.

What would you say DI's greatest CWA OSRS achievement was, or rather your favourite (Surely had to be beating Fools in the 30v30 right after we ended our working relationship with them because they were starting to take the piss)?

Why has your forum name generally almost always been Brian and not Ghjjf?

Edited by Lavigne

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

My question is...

You were always the behind the scenes guy, and you controlled everything single handedly until you gave the order then someone executed.  How difficult was it to actually keep track of everything during a fight?  You had to manage mass pokes, constantly dying, manage fight locations, people leaving early/looting,  crashers, and ultimately communicating with callers/allies through several platforms.  How often did things get mixed up where something different occurred than planned?  Was there any best/worst case where someone missed a cue or took it in their own hands and something unexpected happened. 

If possible do both iterations of di i guess many of these problems wouldve been more of an issue in the mid rs2 di era considering numbers and the style of fights.

Edited by TooWhite4You

Where do you draw the line between having fun and "winning"? Would you prefer to outlast like everyone else to claim some sort of public victory or are you happy shitting on clans and leaving when you've had your fill?

Follow up to Q1: Has your opinion changed over time? Do you think a lack of a public neutral space like Zybez influenced that opinion?

Do you get frustrated when people are performing badly at fights to the point where you want to go off on them or are you happy to let things slide a little more these days?

What are your thoughts on F2P vs P2P, warring and pking specifically, in regards to introducing new players to PvP?

Are there any grudges you hold against previous members of your clans or has enough time passed to where you don't really care anymore?

Do you think the non stop banter within Discord and Teamspeak puts people off getting involved with the community more?

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

17 hours ago, Null said:

You said you never let any of the negative comments or shit talking get to you over the years, I was wondering if you let the compliments and praises people have for you sink in sometimes, would it be fair to say it's given you some sort of confidence in your own decision making when it comes to stuff outside of rs and clans?

As a member of old Di, Flako Rlz seemed to be an invaluable asset to the leadership and general day to day running of the clan, when did you start to take notice of him and think he would be good in an official role and what qualities did you see in him?

Who would you say was the best mb pker in Di and why?

As for films, what would be the most recent film you would consider a favourite? 

What is it about the older films you enjoy? or is it more of a dislike of modern cinema?

I tend to keep RS and RL as separate as possible. I really haven't taken anything from RS to other games or RL other than maybe some technical skills I've learned, but not any kind of decision making/leadership stuff.

From early on you could tell Flako was going to be a big asset. He was constantly going above and beyond as a member. Me and Sircoolio had flagged him up as a future rank early on. I think his biggest assets were how hard of a worker he was. If you needed something done he'd just do it, no questions asked, no delaying etc. He was also a really friendly guy and welcoming to everyone.

In the real early days we had all the best pkers cause if you were good you joined DI. Some of the early guys would have been the likes of Devil Dante, N G C, Pie man cause they were doing stuff like maging when the meta was just tanking. Middle era we had people like Skullator, Ewhenn etc but they weren't long term DI guys. Someone underrated was Geerjten, he was a good hybrid but it was difficult during the hit and run era

I liked Interstellar a lot even though it gets quite complex towards the end.

I wouldn't say I dislike modern cinema, even though I don't think there's much good stuff that comes out nowadays. Generally the reason I like older stuff is because of iconic scenes or quotes. The kind you can watch over and over again. Newer stuff never has anything like that.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

17 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Given di and rots arrangement did they ever ask or try to get you to remove someone?

Has vr ever been close to a top 5 clan ?

Nope. I think at some stage they pointed out someone they thought might be an AF spy (don't remember who) but it was way wrong

I believe VR was #1 for a period in late 2009 after they got a mass join when DI closed? Could be wrong though. They were never anywhere near a top clan on OSRS

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

17 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Why the name ghjjf?

I actually had registered an account with the name Brian#### at the start but I forgot the password and there was no password recovery/reset option at that stage. I think you had to email them and I probably didn't even have an email address at that stage. So one day I decided to just create a throwaway account with random letters in the middle of the keyboard. Ended up sticking with that account.

• Haha 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png