Lost Ark

Justyn

5 hours ago, Pietru said:

No since it will die in like 2 weeks just like New World anyways lol

Unlike New World it's a 3 year old game that is highly praised in Korea/Russia and isn't ran by a bunch of college student developers. It'll lose overall players sure. But I don't see it having a drastic drop off anytime soon

hvHoqlp.png

GjBRyio.png

ODhl97J.gif.f831a07b979f5c0b8db14cb43c1db70d.gif

divider_660.png.2c0ed24e9905e05ac66f75b86313c193.png

PDlMitch ~ Ex: Knights of Order ~ Collision ~ Syndicate ~ Exodus ~ Crimson Raiders ~ Downfall ~ Divine Forces

EKoWIwx.gif

48UvRla.png

Ien0xgI.png

qnyOThg.png

14 hours ago, Ace said:

Surprised you hate the generic MMO questing system. I know you hate quests in general but the generic MMO questing system is super braindead to run through and usually gives you enough exp to full level up one combat class. Not sure if Lost Ark follows the model but you can probably skip all dialogue/cutscenes and still know to go by checking your map most of the time. 

I think OSRS has the greatest quest system in any MMO. They actually write stories and include fairly complex puzzles. They dont just have the generic go here, kill this, move on, collect this, kill that etc. If Jagex ever got anything right it was the questing system. That being said, RS is pretty dead for me other than clan based activities so I find it difficult to enjoy quests that lock content for PvP. For new games that questing system would be a great way to world build if they just made it somewhat interesting instead of a generic slog you have to push through following waypoints and doing simple tasks over and over again.

Edited by Wee Man

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

racked up 12 hours just queing in the first few days, not even had a proper play of it yet although a few of my mates are enjoying it so i'll jump on after leagues probably

At2mSMF.png

nullstikesembryo-1_zps311362a1.png.b94ebbd3311d846a500301cc93b42c78.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Wee Man said:

I think OSRS has the greatest quest system in any MMO. They actually write stories and include fairly complex puzzles. They dont just have the generic go here, kill this, move on, collect this, kill that etc. If Jagex ever got anything right it was the questing system. That being said, RS is pretty dead for me other than clan based activities so I find it difficult to enjoy quests that lock content for PvP. For new games that questing system would be a great way to world build if they just made it somewhat interesting instead of a generic slog you have to push through following waypoints and doing simple tasks over and over again.

Surprised at this but you're not exactly wrong. Plus OSRS quests(rs2 quests) weren't generic quests focused on your journey as the "chosen one" or whatever each game chooses to name it(shame RS3 changed that by hopping on the chosen one train). 

Unfortunately there's not a lot of sandbox MMOs out there. You had New World for a while and who knows what'll happen to that. Then you had Titan Reach which would've been a huge rs clone with different graphics but that ended up getting dumped as crowdfunding never works. The lead dev basically threw away all his progress to jump on the NFT hype train.

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif