What kind of headset/headphones do you use?

david

Audio-technica ATH MX-40 headphones. LOVE them, well well worth the money. About $125 USD.

Rode Podmic + SE Dynamite stick into a Focusrite Scarlet Solo audio interface. Think its the best quality setup you can get for under $250 USD.

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

Used a couple Steelseries headsets, all of whose mics broke in like a year. Finally bought a solid pair of headphones (Superlux HD-681) and a table-top mic (Blue Snowball Ice), and never looked back. That mic still works perfectly 10 years later.

More recently I got a Fifine K669 mic which is smaller, cheaper and sounds maybe a little nicer. I also own the Sennheiser HD 58X headphones now, which are lauded for their excellent audio for the price, but honestly the difference from the Superlux isn't that big.

I don't know if the situation's changed much since then, but back then you had to overpay a lot to get similar quality from a headset. I paid 20€ for the Superlux headphones and got clearly better sound quality than that of a 70€ Siberia V2 headset. Ridiculous. I think the AntLion ModMic still exists for converting headphones to headsets, but I find it kinda overpriced as well.

Tl;dr: If you want quality and durability, get good headphones and table-top mic separately

Edited by S3lvah

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

Steelseries Arctis Pro

Like it a lot but wouldn't recommend to anyone after seeing the horrible build quality all over reddit (I've been lucky)

Proud Tempest 1st Division

toai81K.png

spacer.png

forever unbreakable 

🌽

Spoiler

SG9UgzJ.gif