Jebscape: A Whole New OSRS PKing Client?

Vanuckle

1 hour ago, S3lvah said:

Interesting, but wish it would work without sending personal details

54 minutes ago, Flukejiver said:

what is the purpose of obtaining the characters personal details?

What personal details are you concerned about? It doesn’t take your login information at all. The account hash is just a unique id that Jagex had RuneLite put in their API as a replacement for your login username as a security measurement so your login details aren’t revealed to identify you as separate from someone else. RuneLite wouldn’t approve the plugin if it used anything nefarious. It also takes your player’s position to use to determine where you are in the game and then to display others that are around you as well as displays you to others on their clients.

It sounds like you want to figure out how to use my server for PvP scouting, something explicitly against the Jagex rules on third party clients, by tracking players without their permission (which can only be done by modifying my plugin source but IP limits constrain the potential of this) but you’re also not wanting to give up your own information in the process to accomplish that lol. Presumably because it allows others to also find you?

You can’t see someone else’s position without also giving up your own. My server filters out who needs to see who based upon who is next to whom, which requires a position. It cannot communicate any of that information back to you without your IP address. That’s how everything on the Internet works. Use a VPN if you’re so concerned. 

Edited by Jebrim

27 minutes ago, Jebrim said:

What personal details are you concerned about? It doesn’t take your login information at all. The account hash is just a unique id that Jagex had RuneLite put in their API as a replacement for your login username as a security measurement so your login details aren’t revealed to identify you as separate from someone else. RuneLite wouldn’t approve the plugin if it used anything nefarious. It also takes your player’s position to use to determine where you are in the game and then to display others that are around you as well as displays you to others on their clients.

It sounds like you want to figure out how to use my server for PvP scouting, something explicitly against the Jagex rules on third party clients, by tracking players without their permission (which can only be done by modifying my plugin source but IP limits constrain the potential of this) but you’re also not wanting to give up your own information in the process to accomplish that lol. Presumably because it allows others to also find you?

You can’t see someone else’s position without also giving up your own. My server filters out who needs to see who based upon who is next to whom, which requires a position. It cannot communicate any of that information back to you without your IP address. That’s how everything on the Internet works. Use a VPN if you’re so concerned. 

Thanks for the thorough response, much appreciated!

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png

33 minutes ago, The End said:

Is there an expected timeline for some of the future additions?

image.png

Whenever they’re ready. I’m focused on bug fixes and improvements for the Megaserver Mod and my backend first before moving onto the Live Hiscores Mod next.

2 hours ago, Roofis said:

Isnt jebrim a Chinese diplomat with a bad rep

I have security clearance, which you cannot get if you have any ties with China. The US government has investigated me and determined that I do not. What else do you need?

21 hours ago, Nanne30 said:

probably gets you banned using this?

Nope. It’s literally deployed by Jagex and reviewed by RuneLite as consistent with Jagex’s rules. You can get to it by launching RuneLite from the Jagex launcher and then installing it from the Plugin Hub within RuneLite. If Jagex has any issue with it, they can direct RuneLite to remove it at any time. Nobody should ever be banned for using a plugin that is publicly distributed on the Plugin Hub.

Now if you were to create a custom modified plugin that wasn’t on the hub and attempted to use it for PvP scouting of other players, then that would risk a ban sure.

3 hours ago, Jebrim said:

Now if you were to create a custom modified plugin that wasn’t on the hub and attempted to use it for PvP scouting of other players, then that would risk a ban sure.

Nah those plugins are undetectable trust.

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man