Wilderness Boss Rework Review

Wee Man

What do you think?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, IMK said:

To explain further instead of my usual shitposting:

All this update has done, like the so many before it, is further nurture an unhealthy and honestly boring culture of PKing in modern OSRS. All PKing is now are groups of retards running around in salad robes killing PvMers and other PKers for loot. Loot, loot, loot. It's the measurement of success now. Not the thrill of finding other clans or teams, not the victories. I might just be a boomer but PKing was fun when it was about hunting players, not hunting loot. And that kind of PKing has been dead for a very long time. So, if I were asked if this update helps PKing? The answer is a swift no.

Without the "loot" there won't be an incentive for the other "clans" / "teams" to be out there in the first place. There are two kinds of trips:

1) Loot oriented -- where you mostly hunt PVMers and small teams as you run into them.

2) Fight oriented -- where you ignore PvMers and just hunt for PvPers and try to get into scraps.

Pre-update neither 1 nor 2 were viable. Post update it seems 1 is always feasible, and if you time the trip at a hot time 2 is very doable as well. We have had trips where we continuously ran/fought teams and ignored PvMers altogether.

So it'd say it is a "success". 

To your point though, most "teams" just run immediately when outnumbered, or call for help to several open CCs (e.g., see a VR), but now there is more likelihood to run into a team with near even opts and have an organic 20+ minutes fight with both sides returning and aiming for the victory (e.g., 'The Storm' - remake of Team America).

• Like 1

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

21 minutes ago, The End said:

Without the "loot" there won't be an incentive for the other "clans" / "teams" to be out there in the first place. There are two kinds of trips:

1) Loot oriented -- where you mostly hunt PVMers and small teams as you run into them.

2) Fight oriented -- where you ignore PvMers and just hunt for PvPers and try to get into scraps.

Pre-update neither 1 nor 2 were viable. Post update it seems 1 is always feasible, and if you time the trip at a hot time 2 is very doable as well. We have had trips where we continuously ran/fought teams and ignored PvMers altogether.

So it'd say it is a "success". 

To your point though, most "teams" just run immediately when outnumbered, or call for help to several open CCs (e.g., see a VR), but now there is more likelihood to run into a team with near even opts and have an organic 20+ minutes fight with both sides returning and aiming for the victory (e.g., 'The Storm' - remake of Team America).

You're not wrong but I see what he's getting at where "humiliating" them by taking a plus 1 is the bigger goal in P2P right now as opposed to clearing them off the map like it used to be. Obviously Tempest achieves both 9 times out of 10 and personally I prefer it that way, you take their loot and then you're free to leave if they try to degear and rag just like when we shat on BC/Vit saturday night. Just seems to be a big shift in mentality since macing etc became more popular. I don't believe the update itself makes that any easier to do aside from making it more likely due to increased wildy activity so I'd just chalk that up to modern clan mentalities.

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

Taking away rev caves really killed my drive to play this game at all since p2p pking was all but gone after that.

This rework has brought some of the most active and fun times p2p pking that I've had, arguably since the beginning of this game.

Great Success, High Five!

JlotNFB.gif

5s2DJPC.png

We might probably see this update in the coming future though if Reddit or whoever suggest at Jaygex

1) Chaos Elemental Rework
2) Scorpia Rework
3) Crazy Archeologist Rework
4) Chaos Fanatic Rework
5) Mage Arena 3 and maybe new Wilderness bosses to farm/kill
6) Deep Wilderness Slayer Dungeon (Lvl.35-45 Wild)
7) Rogue Castle Thieving Chest Rework

8 ) Magebank Teleport tablets/spell (for Singles PKers)
9) Wilderness Agility laps reward (tickets?)
10) Deepest Wilderness Slayer Dungeon (Lvl50-55 Wild)
11) Chaos Dwarf Wilderness Boss
12) Spider Hill Wilderness Boss
13) Brutal Lava Dragon or Boss
14) Lava Maze Dungeon Rework/Redesign into Deep Slayer Dungeon?

15) New Deep Wild Volcano Revenant Cave (North east deep wild)

But instead we're going to get BH in Wild soon...ffs

SG9UgzJ.gif

Callisto_cub.png?d6057Kalphite_princess.png?d8722Kalphite_princess_(2nd_form).png?80b36Pet_chaos_elemental.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_rex.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_supreme.png?e2d9bPet_general_graardor.png?85699Pet_k'ril_tsutsaroth.png?fe846Pet_kree'arra.png?f3f6aPet_kraken.png?85699Pet_smoke_devil.png?fe846Skotos.png?52875Tangleroot.png?52875

brPYCcA.gif
1095186697551085638.webp?size=44&quality
OTP | Barrow Slayerz | RIP Peck
🇲🇾

Spoiler

3BOIKPl.png

Walk Here Isndar (level-126) / 3 more options

1095186697551085638.webp?size=96&quality

1 hour ago, Isndar said:

We might probably see this update in the coming future though if Reddit or whoever suggest at Jaygex

1) Chaos Elemental Rework
2) Scorpia Rework
3) Crazy Archeologist Rework
4) Chaos Fanatic Rework
5) Mage Arena 3 and maybe new Wilderness bosses to farm/kill
6) Deep Wilderness Slayer Dungeon (Lvl.35-45 Wild)
7) Rogue Castle Thieving Chest Rework

8 ) Magebank Teleport tablets/spell (for Singles PKers)
9) Wilderness Agility laps reward (tickets?)
10) Deepest Wilderness Slayer Dungeon (Lvl50-55 Wild)
11) Chaos Dwarf Wilderness Boss
12) Spider Hill Wilderness Boss
13) Brutal Lava Dragon or Boss
14) Lava Maze Dungeon Rework/Redesign into Deep Slayer Dungeon?

15) New Deep Wild Volcano Revenant Cave (North east deep wild)

But instead we're going to get BH in Wild soon...ffs

I wouldn't hold your breath on anything coming to the wilderness for a long time after this one. They have a history of implenting something and then ignoring it for a long time. I hope I'm wrong though. 

Edited by Wee Man

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

It increased activity, but it's not really the activity we want.

At this point if you're pvming in any of the caves then you're an absolute moron for not having a scout that way you can either bail or position yourself well for an anti-pk.

Most decent sized clans do not want to bother going into the actual caves because it's absolutely aids, so we end up with big ass clans full of raggers that are too scared to move past the 30 line.

It was fun for a while, but the novelty is wearing off, and the reality that we're back to playing the cat and mouse game of hopping worlds repeatedly hoping to find a good fight has set in again.

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif