Wilderness Boss Rework Review

Wee Man

What do you think?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So it's been just over 6 weeks since the rework dropped and I figured it'd be a good time to see what the overall thoughts on the update were. Personally I think it was a massive success and P2P pking hasn't been this active or fun since the original osrs rev caves were a thing, I think the balance of risk vs reward seems to be decent so far but time will tell.

What do you fellas think?

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

I believe is was one of the needed update for the Wilderness to rejuvenate since Wilderness bosses was added into the game

I am a pretty much a PvMer throughout my whole OSRS existence and I can easily Duo with my alt at Callisto for hours without interrupted for few months without seeing any PKers logging in and I was doing it almost everytime from 12PM EST onward till 4PM and still nobody logging in to disrupt my Dragon Pick farming.

This is all because most PKers simply went to Revenant Forinthry Dungeon because it is much more crowded and rewarding to go there to PK both PKers and PvMers alike because you are Guaranteed a 100K gp in each Kill and maybe having a chance of getting massive loots from killing Pvmers and High risking NH PKers.

Ever since this new Wilderness Bosses update, almost everyday we get to see both PvMers and PKers hunting down both the bosses and PvMers so it is for me a wonderful update for both parties.

I agree with WeeMan, It is a massive success for P2P Multi PKing and it helps Clans and Teams to go hunt down people beside roaming around the Wild blindlessly like we used to do in RS2

It also reintroduced Anti-Pking massively again for PvMers with the new Voidwaker to help them fend off Solo PKers or Small Teams.

Edited by Isndar
  • Like 2

SG9UgzJ.gif

Callisto_cub.png?d6057Kalphite_princess.png?d8722Kalphite_princess_(2nd_form).png?80b36Pet_chaos_elemental.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_rex.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_supreme.png?e2d9bPet_general_graardor.png?85699Pet_k'ril_tsutsaroth.png?fe846Pet_kree'arra.png?f3f6aPet_kraken.png?85699Pet_smoke_devil.png?fe846Skotos.png?52875Tangleroot.png?52875

brPYCcA.gif
1095186697551085638.webp?size=44&quality
OTP | Barrow Slayerz | RIP Peck
🇲🇾

Spoiler

3BOIKPl.png

Walk Here Isndar (level-126) / 3 more options

1095186697551085638.webp?size=96&quality

Honourable Mention:-

Because of this Wilderness Bosses update, I applied to Tempest because I know this update will be a huge deal and because of this update as well, I got my first Armadyl GodSword PK

I have never would've thought I'd see the day going to PK again let a lone, getting a +1 from from a PKer

All thanks to Tempest for making this possible. Thank you everyone.

• Like 4

SG9UgzJ.gif

Callisto_cub.png?d6057Kalphite_princess.png?d8722Kalphite_princess_(2nd_form).png?80b36Pet_chaos_elemental.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_rex.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_supreme.png?e2d9bPet_general_graardor.png?85699Pet_k'ril_tsutsaroth.png?fe846Pet_kree'arra.png?f3f6aPet_kraken.png?85699Pet_smoke_devil.png?fe846Skotos.png?52875Tangleroot.png?52875

brPYCcA.gif
1095186697551085638.webp?size=44&quality
OTP | Barrow Slayerz | RIP Peck
🇲🇾

Spoiler

3BOIKPl.png

Walk Here Isndar (level-126) / 3 more options

1095186697551085638.webp?size=96&quality

Ye it's been solid, might need to buff the basic loot table rewards a bit though as the hype dies down

The multiple locations and escape routes has made coming across fights much more organic which is always exciting, nothing like an un-planned fight that ends up being a massive battle

am9lyUI.jpg

jR2KODn.png

image.png

mYDO4EM.png

image.png.73b47520764ae9a63c2df2f3bba2b0fb.png

Huge success imo.

It revitalized the wildy, and brought a lot of people back into the game that normally would not be playing. I'm sure Jagex will continue to add content as time goes on because of how successful it has been. 

KLxCxWm.gif

Legendz | The Titans | Tempest

[Templar Jan & Feb 2023]

Spoiler

eRp6JoP.gif

CVEebzD.gif

RwjQ9pi.gif

JlotNFB.gif

SG9UgzJ.gif

image.png.6b35b2c7b85eae4569a1efc860175b7a.png

To explain further instead of my usual shitposting:

All this update has done, like the so many before it, is further nurture an unhealthy and honestly boring culture of PKing in modern OSRS. All PKing is now are groups of retards running around in salad robes killing PvMers and other PKers for loot. Loot, loot, loot. It's the measurement of success now. Not the thrill of finding other clans or teams, not the victories. I might just be a boomer but PKing was fun when it was about hunting players, not hunting loot. And that kind of PKing has been dead for a very long time. So, if I were asked if this update helps PKing? The answer is a swift no.

• Like 1

lApm4a9.png

I think we won't know for sure until much farther down the road. The activity has been great so far, but there's no guarantee it will be like this in 3 months, 6 months, etc.

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

By today's standards, if an update isn't dead content in a week, then it's a success.

Wilderness was pretty barren for the last few months up until this update. We'll see how long it keeps going like this.

The key is keeping the food chain alive, i.e buffing loot and incentives for PvMers to keep going when they start to get bored of it.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

42 minutes ago, IMK said:

To explain further instead of my usual shitposting:

All this update has done, like the so many before it, is further nurture an unhealthy and honestly boring culture of PKing in modern OSRS. All PKing is now are groups of retards running around in salad robes killing PvMers and other PKers for loot. Loot, loot, loot. It's the measurement of success now. Not the thrill of finding other clans or teams, not the victories. I might just be a boomer but PKing was fun when it was about hunting players, not hunting loot. And that kind of PKing has been dead for a very long time. So, if I were asked if this update helps PKing? The answer is a swift no.

Yeah I can understand that, obviously for me I'm the opposite, P2P pking has always been about the loot. Actually fighting and clearing another clan I don't really give much of a fuck about because the mechanics of "warring" in P2P has never once been enjoyable, F2P is just so much better in that regard. I think snatching +1s in P2P is much more entertaining and fun.

Edited by Wee Man

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

38 minutes ago, Howl said:

I think we won't know for sure until much farther down the road. The activity has been great so far, but there's no guarantee it will be like this in 3 months, 6 months, etc.

Care to make a prediction on where you think activity will be in a month or 6 months from now?

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

16 minutes ago, Wee Man said:

Care to make a prediction on where you think activity will be in a month or 6 months from now?

better than pre-update, worse than now

and worse than rev caves just before they were removed

• Like 1

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale