Ads on Youtube

Vanuckle

Now that Youtube has created their new anti-ad blocking policy, I am finding the platform much less engaging to use. They will now warn and then block you from watching video content if you continue to use ad-blockers on videos.

How are you handling this policy change? What are you now doing to get around ads? Will you use youtube less if you're forced to sit through multiple 30 second ads just to watch a 4 minute video?

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

Its a little bit annoying where they want to us to force buy Youtube Premium

But for me, as long its on the desktop Im good, I can skip whenever they allow to skip the 5sec ad

but if youre watching on Mobile...godamn what a turn off...

SG9UgzJ.gif

Callisto_cub.png?d6057Kalphite_princess.png?d8722Kalphite_princess_(2nd_form).png?80b36Pet_chaos_elemental.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_rex.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_supreme.png?e2d9bPet_general_graardor.png?85699Pet_k'ril_tsutsaroth.png?fe846Pet_kree'arra.png?f3f6aPet_kraken.png?85699Pet_smoke_devil.png?fe846Skotos.png?52875Tangleroot.png?52875

brPYCcA.gif
1095186697551085638.webp?size=44&quality
OTP | Barrow Slayerz | RIP Peck
🇲🇾

Spoiler

3BOIKPl.png

Walk Here Isndar (level-126) / 3 more options

1095186697551085638.webp?size=96&quality

Fighting it of course. 

I used to use an alternate app for android(or jailbroken iphones) called YouTube Vanced which had built in adblock + other features for youtube. For the past 6+ months the app would break every other day. Now they're trying to do the same to adblock plugins for browsers, but you just keep everything up to date.

I would understand if the ad money was going back into the platform, but we all know that the vast majority of content creators on there aren't getting shit so obviously I'm going to keep fighting it.

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

I only really watch youtube on desktop so I'm able to block ads still with ublock, so it hasn't effected me.

I don't watch on mobile due to the ads, though its not hard to block them there either

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png