Custom Pc build

Juri

I been thinking about getting myself a pc setup finally - those who don't know, I haven't had a Pc since 2007, only used laptops ever since. 

As you know, I play Oldschool Runescape, League of legends, Football manager mostly, so it should be something that could handle them on best possible settings and be somewhat modern in current 2020 terms, upgradeable and pretty much best bangs for the bucks or smth ? I have been tinkering around either a 2 monitor setup or one big one, let me know what you could suggest me. 

And ye, the parts should be available in Estonia ? or easily orderable. 

dTUgUvM.gif

9ctxpJn.png.7f176442498d0f43a8e5f6bc3c4efe0f.png

What's your budget? And are you confident in putting the parts together (there's plenty of useful video guides on youtube)? Or would you prefer a pre-built? Pre-built machines have come a long way and some of them are only slightly more expensive than putting exact parts together yourself. 

Can more into detail later but I’d start by looking into something like a Ryzen 2600-3700 will be best bang for your buck. Gpu wise nvidia 1660 super is kind of budget king if you use 1080p. Rest doesn’t matter too much I’d build around those two main parts. 

Proud Tempest 1st Division

toai81K.png

spacer.png

forever unbreakable 

🌽

Spoiler

SG9UgzJ.gif

5a32d50223720a3cd387708e06339a90.png

Roughly my build from about 2 years ago might or might not have changed 1 or 2 things. 

Its run any fps on mid settings fluently with no issues and I used to stream league of legends at high res with OBS without any issues with the same pc just using a dual monitor setup. It's never really let me down.

Probably overkill if you're just playing league + scape and have no plans on streaming, but I remember picking it so there was room for upgrade too. It wasn't too hard to build either just one or two parts got tricky

Edited by Ssj
  • Like 2

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

6 hours ago, Ssj said:

5a32d50223720a3cd387708e06339a90.png

Roughly my build from about 2 years ago might or might not have changed 1 or 2 things. 

Its run any fps on mid settings fluently with no issues and I used to stream league of legends at high res with OBS without any issues with the same pc just using a dual monitor setup. It's never really let me down.

Probably overkill if you're just playing league + scape and have no plans on streaming, but I remember picking it so there was room for upgrade too. It wasn't too hard to build either just one or two parts got tricky

Quite a big boy PC there;

On topic: For those kind of games I guess you can easily downgrade from i7 to i5, and from GTX 1080 to 970. Can also get rid of the HDD and stay with the SSD if you don't use up that much space

• Like 1

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

I would personally go with ryzen + a 750w power supply + a decent case. That will give you room for upgrading if you need it.

image.png.1664124bd8505badcb653b32ded138e0.png

image.png.f246e7adee64e6fb3258ac2f23c99323.png

The above is USD. Subbing out the 2060 for something suggested above like the 970/1060 is good too. Buying a graphics card second hand will save you a lot of $.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D8xvVc

WFAT6gc.png

Someone from the Pcpartpicker forums set me up with this setup, which seems really ok and somewhat even cheaper than most here, any thoughts on that? 

Some of the parts aren't available atm and I need to wait til December or smth. But I am not in a hurry. 

dTUgUvM.gif

6 hours ago, Yoda said:

You have no plans to play big title games?

I haven't been a gamer type at all, those who I mentioned I have stuck with over the years and to be fair, it's the most I have found time for ? But it's the beauty of PC's, you can upgrade the parts in the future if you really feel the need for it. 

dTUgUvM.gif

Get a b550 board so you get better support for zen3 ryzen incase you do want to upgrade.  You can definitely find a used 5700xt for the same price as that 1660 and then you'll be good to go into the QHD realm.