Voices.

Adrian

Bit of a random topic but run it up.

So I've recently been thinking about this right call me crazy but record yourself saying anything into a video and listen back to it and tell me if you hate the fact that you sound like a completely different person.

Previously  I thought I sound quite alright until I then heard myself talk through a video and never ever been so depressed in my life.  

Did some research - n the way our body is laid out, our mouth is pretty close to our ears, but we hear our own voice through our bone. Other people hear it through the air. Bone and air have very different densities, so the sound is filtered differently — it's simple physics.

Voice.png

Like I said call me crazy or whatever but try this and let me know how you feel.?

Edited by Adrian

unknown.png

unknown.png

Interesting topic, I seen something like this before. It's not just bones either, the liquids of your body #HumansAreMadeOfAbout60%Water blood and all, things including  your weight can affect how you hear your own voice, although that's due to fat tissue and lean tissue having more and less water/liquid in them, calculating these figures is also one of the challenges of a medical sonographer. Your whole body is also producing noise on top of it that can affect this as well, although it's very rare to hear it naturally unless you enter a room with say negative decibels, once you're inside a place like that it's rumored that apart from being able to hear the natural sounds of all your organs, you can even hear the sound of your blood traveling through your veins, it drives people mad. There is one place that has about -10 decibels and the longest anyone has been able to stay in there was less than an hour because of how mad all their bodies natural sounds drove them. So, yeah all these little things can also factor into how you hear yourselves, and again some play a bigger role than others, but it's pretty cool.

• heart 1

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

5 minutes ago, Adrian said:

God knows lad but I hate my voice loool

Bruh you sound like the U.K. god

• heart 1

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

5 minutes ago, I Kill Batty said:

Interesting topic, I seen something like this before. It's not just bones either, the liquids of your body #HumansAreMadeOfAbout60%Water blood and all, things including  your weight can affect how you hear your own voice, although that's due to fat tissue and lean tissue having more and less water/liquid in them, calculating these figures is also one of the challenges of a medical sonographer. Your whole body is also producing noise on top of it that can affect this as well, although it's very rare to hear it naturally unless you enter a room with say negative decibels, once you're inside a place like that it's rumored that apart from being able to hear the natural sounds of all your organs, you can even hear the sound of your blood traveling through your veins, it drives people mad. There is one place that has about -10 decibels and the longest anyone has been able to stay in there was less than an hour because of how mad all their bodies natural sounds drove them. So, yeah all these little things can also factor into how you hear yourselves, and again some play a bigger role than others, but it's pretty cool.

Beautiful explanation ❤️ 

Edited by Adrian

unknown.png

unknown.png

I hate that I sound like I have a nice voice and  can sing well but when I record myself and listen to the recording, I'm just like?? I sound so different and so terrible.  Ugh lol.  Interesting to see that there's actual research behind why there's a difference.

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

1 hour ago, Krystal said:

I hate that I sound like I have a nice voice and  can sing well but when I record myself and listen to the recording, I'm just like?? I sound so different and so terrible.  Ugh lol.  Interesting to see that there's actual research behind why there's a difference.

A side story: one thing that made me feel less self-conscious about it (and improved my public speaking confidence) was in the voice class (singing) I took in school, we had to watch recordings of performances and then rate what we did/didn't do well. It was awkward and I hated it at first, but it definitely helped me grow in my confidence and self-assurance over time.

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale