[SRS] Grizzly Bear vs Silverback Gorilla

Dickus

5 minutes ago, Pope said:

The Grizzly would win and I don't think it would be close. The silverback has one of the strongest bites of all animals, but the Grizzly it right behind it. The silverback is also incredibly strong, which is why they tend to pound things with their fists - however this would do nothing to a Grizzly. Most hunters will tell you that even a 9mm gun isn't enough to bring down a bear, so why would the punch or pound from a silverback do so? Grizzlies have incredibly thick skin, silverbacks do not. So while they have similar offensive force in their bites, the silverback is far inferior on the defensive side. And I haven't even spoken about the Grizzly's claws and swipe force. Or the fact that they're on average 300, 400, or even as much as 1,000 lbs heavier. 

However, anything can happen in a fight. There have been instances of mountain lions and leopards beating grizzlies before. With one lucky bite or claw, anyone can win. But statistically, I think the Grizzly just outmatches the silverback. 

I respect the thoughtful consideration of this post even if you’re dead wrong

• honk 1

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

1 hour ago, Pope said:

The Grizzly would win and I don't think it would be close. The silverback has one of the strongest bites of all animals, but the Grizzly it right behind it. The silverback is also incredibly strong, which is why they tend to pound things with their fists - however this would do nothing to a Grizzly. Most hunters will tell you that even a 9mm gun isn't enough to bring down a bear, so why would the punch or pound from a silverback do so? Grizzlies have incredibly thick skin, silverbacks do not. So while they have similar offensive force in their bites, the silverback is far inferior on the defensive side. And I haven't even spoken about the Grizzly's claws and swipe force. Or the fact that they're on average 300, 400, or even as much as 1,000 lbs heavier. 

However, anything can happen in a fight. There have been instances of mountain lions and leopards beating grizzlies before. With one lucky bite or claw, anyone can win. But statistically, I think the Grizzly just outmatches the silverback. 

agreed

aUBwTQ1.png

The bear would win srs, just due to the fact it’s so fukin big and the claws on it would shred that bitch ass gorilla to smithereens 

Gorillas just have a bite and strength and it goes a long way but the bear has more weapons doesn’t he so I’m goin the bear without a doubt 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Pope said:

I was already leaning grizzly just from the sheer size of them, but this thorough look at both combatants has me even further convinced haha. 

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

3 hours ago, Flukejiver said:

this is a good one. There are a lot of different things to take in consideration: Size, weight, how they fight, etc. I do believe a gorilla because of the agiliness and strength it has over a bear, even though a bear has those claws that could really fuck the gorilla up. really hard to say

Also, are the children being threatened? Theres just too many unknown variables.

y'all really think a gorilla wouldn't just sidestep that shit when a bear comes their way

jump out the way and hammer fist that hoe in the head

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend