Apple Watch people help

Eric``

Do you feel like it’s worth it? Debating on getting one mainly for the fitness side of things. A lot of the people at my gym swear by them, any opinions negative or positive from the tempest homies? 

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

I have a Garmin Vivioactive 4s which basically does the same as the Apple Watch. It tracks your heart rate, respiration per minute, stress level, step counter,..Then there is an app which shows you all kinds statistics with that data. It's nice to have because I'm able to see what activities cause some type of stress. This way I can try to manage my day better so I have plenty of rest periods. There's a plethora of other apps and features (such as paying with your watch instead of phone/card) but the ones I listed I use daily. There's also some fitness plans that help you become 'fit' ie: plan to run 10km, 20km, some workout plans,... But if you have your own workout plan already then I don't think this is useful other then maybe finding some inspiration.

Higher levels of stress come from work, solo cox, tob and exercise obviously. My highest stress level so far was when I did 90% verzik p3 solo in a 4 man a couple of weeks ago.

11 minutes ago, Melo C said:

dont know, i just lift and listen to my body

This is 100% still the best way of looking at fitness

Edited by Da Bazz

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

My highest stress level so far was when I did 90% verzik p3 solo in a 4 man a couple of weeks ago.

That's such a specific issue 😄 Wonder if there is someone in China monitoring all our data and then a gamer's data breaks him.. 😄 

dTUgUvM.gif

9ctxpJn.png.7f176442498d0f43a8e5f6bc3c4efe0f.png

no its a bent fukin watch and if u wear one ur bent as well

• sus 1

[13:09] <+Jubita> i just don't care where he is from, idc if he has family issues or was born with mental problems. It's his problem not ours.

giphy.gif

IaUmpCU.png

5 hours ago, Melo C said:

dont know, i just lift and listen to my body

I agree I just love being able to track things as it makes setting goals more fun and easier to track, also the sleep monitor looks insane!

4 hours ago, Da Bazz said:

I have a Garmin Vivioactive 4s which basically does the same as the Apple Watch. It tracks your heart rate, respiration per minute, stress level, step counter,..Then there is an app which shows you all kinds statistics with that data. It's nice to have because I'm able to see what activities cause some type of stress. This way I can try to manage my day better so I have plenty of rest periods. There's a plethora of other apps and features (such as paying with your watch instead of phone/card) but the ones I listed I use daily. There's also some fitness plans that help you become 'fit' ie: plan to run 10km, 20km, some workout plans,... But if you have your own workout plan already then I don't think this is useful other then maybe finding some inspiration.

Higher levels of stress come from work, solo cox, tob and exercise obviously. My highest stress level so far was when I did 90% verzik p3 solo in a 4 man a couple of weeks ago.

This is 100% still the best way of looking at fitness

Basically what I replied to melo, the reason I’m considering it is I love to track numbers, I love setting mini goals, for example diet macros I actually enjoy lol, so I feel like being able to track calories burnt, steps taken, etc might be an even bigger motivator for me. 

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

I have my apple watch and love it personally. The only thing I wish I had was a screen protector on mine. Nothing has happened, but since I work on cars often I'm sure it is going too. That's why I end up taking it off anytime I'm working on something. The air puffs to get water out are like it farting on your wrist, so that's a plus too I guess if you're into that.  It can also track indoor workouts like walks/runs as well. 

rdFTH2V.png

Q2HE8JW.gifAdkNBbg.png

1 hour ago, Scumpr said:

I have my apple watch and love it personally. The only thing I wish I had was a screen protector on mine. Nothing has happened, but since I work on cars often I'm sure it is going too. That's why I end up taking it off anytime I'm working on something. The air puffs to get water out are like it farting on your wrist, so that's a plus too I guess if you're into that.  It can also track indoor workouts like walks/runs as well. 

I have a bumper for mine that I bought so I wouldn’t mess it up. Was pretty cheap iirc and does the job. 

I use mine more for text alerts etc than exercise so I can’t really comment on that aspect as much. I’ve found it to be really helpful. 

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png

2 hours ago, Eric`` said:

I agree I just love being able to track things as it makes setting goals more fun and easier to track, also the sleep monitor looks insane!

Basically what I replied to melo, the reason I’m considering it is I love to track numbers, I love setting mini goals, for example diet macros I actually enjoy lol, so I feel like being able to track calories burnt, steps taken, etc might be an even bigger motivator for me. 

I know what you mean. I love numbers and random stats as well! Before Corona I tracked basically everything I ate (also super clean). I just never knew if I was eating to much, to little,.., I just had a rough estimate of what my calorie usage was per day and tried to form my diet around that. When this Corona shit is over and I can go to the gym properly (not like 2 weeks - 4 weeks and then closed again) I want to go back to tracking macros and use the watch data for more motivation.

The sleep monitor is very good. There's a definitive difference in my sleep quality when I turned of the PC @ 9 / 10PM compared to midnight / 1AM (even if the amount of hours are the same). During the day I'm also far more energized and I'm less likely to slip into old habits... I have the tendency to do tob / cox till 4am in the weekends and my sleep quality is really bad on those days...I had one where I went to bed @7AM during the PVM comp and the app told me I basically didn't sleep (got up at like 4pm). I'm now trying to sleep at latest at 2am (during weekends) which vastly improves the quality.

I don't know if you are an Apple only fanboy nor do I know your budget but I recommend looking into the Garmin Vivoactive 4s it was about $350.

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

I'm not into smart watches but people at my work with them seem to like it. Talking into your wrist seems cool if you're like 12 i guess lol

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png