P2P vs F2P

Wee Man

P2P vs F2P  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you ask anyone who knows me, they'd probably tell you I hate P2P and they'd be partially correct. Planned P2P warring just does nothing for me, it's just never clicked with me and I don't think it ever will. P2P pking, however, I've always enjoyed. Roaming the wild looking for loot or small teams to scrap with for a bit, usually ending with one side getting cleared before anyone returns, now that is where I think the fun lies. I guess it just reminds me of the days when the EP system were around and you could find people all over the wild in both P2P and F2P at most hours of the day to make a bit of money. Rev cave mace trips did kind of the same thing and I found those fun while I was in VNG.

F2P, on the other hand, might as well be a different game. I think the fun of F2P comes from the purity of it. Everyone is pretty much on a level playing field due to the lack of diversity in terms of gear so you end up relying more on overall tactics, skill and on your officials/callers to make decisions during the event. I've seen some really creative developments over the years, especially in CWA. There's definitely an argument to be made that the current "Box Meta" sucks dick and while I'd have to agree with that I don't think that takes away from how I view F2P vs P2P warring. It'll be interesting to see how the fights evolve once the gear rebalancing update goes through.

If you disagree feel free to try and sell P2P warring to me because I'm just not feeling where the fun lies compared to F2P.

• Like 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

Agreed. Preference back in the day was always mage bank pking > 16 hour f2p fights > p2p multi but now definitely prefer f2p fights. Still enjoy a good p2p multi fight but definitely think the gear updates have made it less enjoyable than it used to be. 

IinmuAH.gif

N2ImPBk.png
  GnWrlh9.gif 
- Damage Inc May 2006 - October 2009 -
- Damage Inc Warlord General -

Spoiler

unknown.png

1 minute ago, Blogs said:

Agreed. Preference back in the day was always mage bank pking > 16 hour f2p fights > p2p multi but now definitely prefer f2p fights. Still enjoy a good p2p multi fight but definitely think the gear updates have made it less enjoyable than it used to be. 

Which part of the gear updates have made it worse do you think? and how come?

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

My reply would basically be exactly your original post, but maybe these days a bit more open minded to small cap p2p fights here and there

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

I've always enjoyed F2P ever since I got into clanning back in the day. Still hasn't changed for me since

hvHoqlp.png

GjBRyio.png

ODhl97J.gif.f831a07b979f5c0b8db14cb43c1db70d.gif

divider_660.png.2c0ed24e9905e05ac66f75b86313c193.png

PDlMitch ~ Ex: Knights of Order ~ Collision ~ Syndicate ~ Exodus ~ Crimson Raiders ~ Downfall ~ Divine Forces

EKoWIwx.gif

48UvRla.png

Ien0xgI.png

qnyOThg.png

I like both, but I generally like F2P better partly for reasons you've already stated. I think F2P warring relies more on overall coordination, where as P2P is a lot more individual skill.

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

playing devil's avocado coming from someone who did his fair share of F2P and P2P

~ this is for p2p multi ~ 

In P2P, you can have a huge effect on the fight as a single individual (without being a caller) - whether it's hitting a timely AGS spec or catching a massive barrage pile 

P2P is a lot more democratic in the sense anyone can call their own barrage piles, create their own little pile and people will usually jump on it and finish them off

P2P probably requires more skills and rewards it more than F2P (being a good binder barely moves the needle in the grand scheme of things//as good as you are at being aware/clicking and combining pizzas, there's a threshold where it doesn't even matter)

P2P offers more diversity in gear set-ups (surge/staff barrage/tribrid/ags/maul-spear/acb-spear) and because you don't have a strict set of gear, you can go out of your way to use it to your advantage against the meta - also playing the game is rewarded because there's an incentive to make money and can risk Torag Legs/Crystal Shields/Occults so on and forth

P2P breaks the status-quo a lot more than regular F2P fights - you can actually clear a clan off the map and make them end

Edited by broom
  • Like 2

Just now, broom said:

playing devil's avocado

In P2P, you can have a huge effect on the fight as a single individual (without being a caller) - whether it's hitting a timely AGS spec or catching a massive barrage pile 

P2P probably requires more skills and rewards it more than F2P

P2P offers more diversity in gear set-ups (surge/staff barrage/tribrid/ags/maul-spear/acb-spear) and because you don't have a strict set of gear, you can go out of your way to use it to your advantage - playing the game is rewarded because you make money and can risk Torag Legs/Crystal Shields/Occults so on and forth

P2P breaks the status-quo a lot more than regular F2P fights - you can actually clear a clan off the map and make them end

I can agree with this. Although I definitely feel like these are some of the reasons P2P doesn't appeal to me simply because I don't have the time to learn the ins and outs of it anymore. If I'd put the time in to get good and understand the different setups/items you can roll with I'd probably be on the fence about which one I find more fun.

I kinda feel like all those things hold back the growth of the clan world to some degree as well. F2P would be a much better starting point for people getting involved in PvP (Single and Multi) due to the simplicity of it but with how the vast majority of players aren't exposed to that side of the game anymore it'd be rare for someone to get involved for the first time in that way.

• Like 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

I prefer planned fights over roaming around looking for a fight - never really liked the aspect of roaming around for hours just to have a small clash of like 30 min max

I've always preferred F2P over P2P but I don't really dislike either, P2P is fun in its own way really, and a good change of pace from F2P

• Like 1

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

5 minutes ago, Pietru said:

I prefer planned fights over roaming around looking for a fight - never really liked the aspect of roaming around for hours just to have a small clash of like 30 min max

Well it doesn't really apply anymore, the wild is usually pretty dead because there's nothing worth doing in it, when it was actually active though you'd find a lot of people to kill for loot and a lot of small teams to clear. P2P used to be really fun for that kind of thing. F2P was as well but you didn't make as much money off the kills.

Edited by Wee Man

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]