what is your greatest/proudest accomplishment in life?

danex

6 hours ago, Titan said:

buying my flat as a single white fella with no governmental assistance

Shame you spent your mortgage on beer today 

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

Ambiguous and a similar response to many others, but build a successful life through the hard work and shared sacrifices of my wife and I.  We started out in a really sink or swim situation, and I'm glad that I married the Michael Phelps of making it through tough times.  Lots of $2 spaghetti dinners for the first year, in a different country than all of our friends, family, and support.

Edited by 3lite
  • Like 3
  • heart 1

7R85FSe.png

I've got a number, but I think the ones that made me happiest and most proud came from my time teaching ice skating at my local arena. Even within that there were a lot of great stories because I taught thousands of kids over the almost decade I was working there.

Few years back, there was this little Syrian kid who had come over to Canada with his sister and grandfather. His parents had been killed in tragic circumstances in the beginning of the civil war over there. He really had nothing, clothes were kinda in tatters, no skates or helmet, etc. But he wanted to learn how to skate and help his sister learn too, because he wanted to fit in and learn "how to be a real Canadian" like his new friends at school. Just a 9/10 year old kid who had gone through the most traumatic experiences and instead of being down, was trying to live his best life and put on a brave face for his little sister. Spoke perfect english, was meticulous in his learning, took it really serious, etc. I paid for all his gear and gave him some 1-on-1 hockey lessons for free because I just couldn't imagine how hard this kids life must had been up until that point & I wanted to support him in any way I could. He picked it up pretty quick.

Few years later, I saw him at the rink on the ice playing in a game. He was the captain of his team with the C on his jersey. I could barely keep it together. 😭 He came by my office after the game to say hey and thank me for lessons etc, and as a mentor / coach that's probably as proud as I've ever been -- but truth is, he probably taught me more about strength and resiliency than I could ever teach him about hockey lol.

• Like 3
  • heart 3

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

I'd have to say for myself, it would be joining the union I'm in. The wage increase and pension I got from signing up was a life changer. Next would be buying a house, hopefully in the next year or so.

• Like 2

CASEY_PSD.pngBEST PVM.pngLUCK.pngEgt3L2U.png

AdkNBbg.png