Should Prostitution Be Legalized

Vanuckle

Should prostitution (and solicitation of prostitutes) be legal?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Bobby said:

That may be true, I don't know the exact situation there so I'd have to research it.

What I can say is that, if regulated even slightly then it will provide a safer working environment if even a little bit. Healthcare could be provided, routine STD tests, etc. I think it's a pipe dream to say that everything will be great and that no organized crime will be involved. But it's undeniable that opportunity will be there. At the very least, it hurts no one and gives those in bad situations an out should they so choose.

Not to sound like a knob but that's all happens in Amsterdam too and they still can't shake the criminal element

[13:09] <+Jubita> i just don't care where he is from, idc if he has family issues or was born with mental problems. It's his problem not ours.

giphy.gif

IaUmpCU.png

7 hours ago, Vanuckle said:

Do you think that making it legal would decrease the amount of human tracking? Or is this unrelated? 

The people that I know who save the girls have previously told me no. Because, it won’t be regulated. It’s already hard enough to get these girls back as it is. The amount of manpower you need to make sure it’s regulated and having every state making it legal. It wouldn’t make sense. The traffickers would just go to the next hub in the country or take them somewhere else.

YvMjvIs.png

buzAajZ.png

jyuKFQs.png

I mean in Japan it's perfectly legal and there are many brothels as well, but I think you can only do anal sex and not vaginal penetration sex

I feel like it would be expensive as fuck if you had to legalize that though (Japan's prices are pretty high when it comes to this shit)

Edited by Pietru

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

Yes

I actually met a handful of prostitutes and all were addicted to hard drugs, worked at sketchy places, and did not give me the impression they were doing any sort of regular STD checks.

Though they probably were on the cheaper side. (No I never payed for sex)

Netherlands btw

• Like 1

pikasig.png

Forsaken Immortal

Each step you take reveals a new horizon.

Ya regulate it, create unions for better wage etc and also pay tax like the rest of us, I'm happy, they're happy, governments happy

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

8 hours ago, Feeenix said:

Neutral position, if i really have to say something , then 'no'. Pretty much you are trying to regulate something that's abusable and it often runned by shady gangs - organizations. Do you think the government will stop that?

In Chile's position, they'll not care. They are afraid of crime and they will not even bother about it.

There's another big factor. Stigmatization , it'll not change anything. People trying to think about 'utopia' saying that older-adult ppl (30+) will change their minds about it... maybe 5% will say ok it isn't too bad. But what about the other 95%. 'You should get a 'decent' job son/daughter' , 'Don't do it , its risky!' . That's because the main part of this job , is regulated by bad entities , and it creates 'Taboo' about sexuality.

Looking at Da Bazz's  post makes me wonder. If in a country that's more liberal and  more 'advanced'  society-wise... There's still alot of problems and those are super risky.

You have to keep in mind to , that this service , EASILY 70% of the ppl that will acquire it , will have between a mild mental disorder - to heavy mental disorder ( could be deppresion , anxiety , etc).

Those kind of clients are gonna be put on a psychological test  to buy sexual services? if the answer is 'no' . Well , you aren't being consistent saying that it would help increase workers safety.

There's too many loopholes and flaws that should be taken action on. But there's a bigger one , organizated crime. If something its abusable and not regulated. Well gl thinking that it'll change something (Maybe it'll change something but its marginal).

Good insights ty for sharing.

7 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

Not the only person to say something like this, but man/trans/non-binary sex workers are more common than you think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the difference between sex, a facial massage, a pedicure for somebody with a foot fetish like @true, etc.?

The justifiable answer shouldn't even be safety. It's bodily autonomy. How would you feel if the government started making your job illegal?

Wanted to stir the pot by making sure the age-old addage was included. :hash:

6 hours ago, Bobby said:

That may be true, I don't know the exact situation there so I'd have to research it.

What I can say is that, if regulated even slightly then it will provide a safer working environment if even a little bit. Healthcare could be provided, routine STD tests, etc. I think it's a pipe dream to say that everything will be great and that no organized crime will be involved. But it's undeniable that opportunity will be there. At the very least, it hurts no one and gives those in bad situations an out should they so choose.

Just wonder if governments should (or want to) get involved if it's that messy? Is it better to be slightly better organized, keep people marginally safer, but entirely responsible for everything that goes on? Or let it "happen" and keep your hands clean (and therefore free from criticism regarding it)?

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

No.  Legalized prostitution would lead to an expanded market which would be the greatest contributing factor as to why you would see an increase in human trafficking.

spacer.png

FGQRWOa.gif
HJ3n53w.gif
qXPPmoF.gif