Cancel Culture vs. Repercussions for your Actions

Adam_

My boy gross gore lmfao idk he was perm banned on twitch n they gave him a second chance at the time i thought i was actually for the first time ever trying to improve himself and his community he got perma banend again cuz his past
actually met him irl in rotterdam once seemed ok this stuff what came out again was already known and twitch knew but they decided to give him another chance then when people brought it back up and he made a vid about it he got perm banned

• pepesus 1

Ec3SRED.png

• Like 2

Ex-The Sabres / Ex-United Freedom Fighters Captain / Violent Resolution (2007,2020-2021) / Ex-Silent Strike Leader / Ex-Elite Order Leader / Ex-Critical Damage Chancellor / Ex-Triforce / Ex-Vitality Council / Ex-Noobs Inc. Crashlord & High Council / Ex-Divine Kings High Council / Ex-Dynasty Leader

8 minutes ago, Kevin said:

My boy gross gore lmfao idk he was perm banned on twitch n they gave him a second chance at the time i thought i was actually for the first time ever trying to improve himself and his community he got perma banend again cuz his past
actually met him irl in rotterdam once seemed ok this stuff what came out again was already known and twitch knew but they decided to give him another chance then when people brought it back up and he made a vid about it he got perm banned

His first ban was just for beefing with another streamer and repeatedly accusing them of being a pedo and sending hate/harassment their way without evidence, not the sexual harassment or any of that. Even if it had been, i'd say it's a very questionable move to allow a sex offender back on your platform. He's never even apologized to the victims, and the video he made "explaining things" provably had false claims in it. One of many things is that he claimed he only sent instagram photos to one of his ex's girlfriends, but he quite literally admitted at the time that there was nudes and a lot of other personal information on this, which was corroborated by her and proven by the recording of him talking about it at the time which he put on snapchat himself. I don't get how he's "changed", he never even really faced any serious repercussions for all of the shitty things he's done. The animal abuse I mentioned was quite public and just last year. A lot of the stuff with his daughter and child neglect was quite recent. Is someone saying they've changed enough to make it so? I'd agree he should have been perm banned back when this was all first happening, that doesn't mean it's not better late than never to get rid of such a horrid person. If anything the punishment was far too lenient for what he's done in my opinion. 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

His first ban was just for beefing with another streamer and repeatedly accusing them of being a pedo and sending hate/harassment their way without evidence, not the sexual harassment or any of that. Even if it had been, i'd say it's a very questionable move to allow a sex offender back on your platform. He's never even apologized to the victims, and the video he made "explaining things" provably had false claims in it. One of many things is that he claimed he only sent instagram photos to one of his ex's girlfriends, but he quite literally admitted at the time that there was nudes and a lot of other personal information on this, which was corroborated by her and proven by the recording of him talking about it at the time which he put on snapchat himself. I don't get how he's "changed", he never even really faced any serious repercussions for all of the shitty things he's done. The animal abuse I mentioned was quite public and just last year. A lot of the stuff with his daughter and child neglect was quite recent. Is someone saying they've changed enough to make it so? I'd agree he should have been perm banned back when this was all first happening, that doesn't mean it's not better late than never to get rid of such a horrid person. If anything the punishment was far too lenient for what he's done in my opinion. 

The first ban was about the caster krepo ye deserved ban he faced repercussions for it banned from all riot events perm ban on twitch he did apologized to krepo too many times to count krepo dont mind him being on twitch obv he's not friends with him but its not like he want him banned or has any hate towards him he said that himself last week during a lcs co-stream im pretty sure b4 he got banned this thing with celestia that girl he was with that drama was already going so imo when twitch unbanned him they must have known so they should've decided b4 or after not like 5 years later idk what about rn but what i knew from last year they talked to eachother and they were ok even on some random stream they talked n were fine obv he did alot of shit and should get a punishment but idk if its worth a perm ban for just that giving her parents her insta i personally dont rlly care if he stays perm banned or not i only commented on this topic is cuz in the beginning his stream was cancer his attitude was cancer but 2 months ago he seemed to improve and take time for his daughter (so he said) also the animal abuse i dont know about and he should never have custody over his child obv the shit that went on was disgusting and i feel bad for his daughter because him and his ex drama is just weird what all went down there's been alot of drama with gross gore people saying he scammed his mom etc but its w/e he is gone idk whats he's gonna do mans was the best tf in the world Kappa

• Like 1

Ec3SRED.png

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

The first ban was about the caster krepo ye deserved ban he faced repercussions for it banned from all riot events perm ban on twitch he did apologized to krepo too many times to count krepo dont mind him being on twitch obv he's not friends with him but its not like he want him banned or has any hate towards him he said that himself last week during a lcs co-stream im pretty sure b4 he got banned this thing with celestia that girl he was with that drama was already going so imo when twitch unbanned him they must have known so they should've decided b4 or after not like 5 years later idk what about rn but what i knew from last year they talked to eachother and they were ok even on some random stream they talked n were fine obv he did alot of shit and should get a punishment but idk if its worth a perm ban for just that giving her parents her insta i personally dont rlly care if he stays perm banned or not i only commented on this topic is cuz in the beginning his stream was cancer his attitude was cancer but 2 months ago he seemed to improve and take time for his daughter (so he said) also the animal abuse i dont know about and he should never have custody over his child obv the shit that went on was disgusting and i feel bad for his daughter because him and his ex drama is just weird what all went down there's been alot of drama with gross gore people saying he scammed his mom etc but its w/e he is gone idk whats he's gonna do mans was the best tf in the world Kappa

I agree that when he was banned and unbanned for the stuff with accusing someone else of being a pedo that it should have been the end of it. I'm not sure if that really continued but I don't think it had anything to do with his original ban. The Celestia stuff assuming it was going on at that time probably was known but it doesn't necessarily mean it was brought to Twitch's attention. He also did a lot of other things some of which are shown in the list in the main post, and I have no idea how much of that would have been known at the time. I think it's also worth mentioning that as you said, people may have referred to that as something else at the time. Allegations had been made but not sure how many of them compared to now; but I think the most important thing is that the clip of him quite literally admitting to it that's in the main post was well after he was unbanned (2019 I believe.) Not to say allegations and everything shouldn't be taken seriously, and I do feel this properly should have been dealt with / investigated earlier/at the time, but this immediately takes it to the level of an admission of a crime and admission of sexual assault. It's quite literally him not only openly admitting to doing it, but giving the suggestion that it's alright because "he hasn't done it since" - he made zero effort to apologize to the victims or actually right any of his wrongs. 

It's also not just him sending her insta to her parents, nor was it just her insta. That's one of the lies he included in his video which I spoke of. At the time he quite literally uploaded an entire series of photos and evidence proving this.

https://imgur.com/a/b3Mf4Tb

You can even see in one image he states "it's not just her patron, it's her nudes, the gifs, the lot" - it doesn't even mention her instagram. Even if we were to say that may not necessarily be worth a permanent ban, it's not the only thing he's banned for, it's all the other shit he's done as well including the sexual assaults at runefest. There was one victim from the RS community that posted a bit of her story on twitter, but I don't really want to post it here publicly just incase she'd prefer that didn't happen. There were a few other victims i'd seen post from outside the community as well. 

On top of all of the shitty things he's done, he went and made that garbage video basically lying through his teeth for sympathy and playing the victim to make it seem like he's not as big of a piece of shit as he is, which if anything, in my opinion, says he in fact has not changed nor made any steps towards changing. If he/his stream personality were cancer and made a turn for the good, I think that's good, but it doesn't really change the fact that he's not a good person and is proven to not be a safe individual to have around women including those who are underaged, and putting him in a position of power and giving him a fan base increases the likelihood of more abuse.

Also agreed, he never should have had custody of his daughter and pretty much all the stuff involving his daughter is fucked. The animal abuse stuff was pretty fucked too though i'm not seeing it mentioned anywhere, I believe it was deleted rather quickly but I remember it quite well because a hacker from the RS community wasn't a fan of it and launched his full address onto the twitter timeline tagging authorities trying to get something done about it. The tweets from him showing his dog were not a good thing to see to say the very least. 

Being upfront: didn't read any of the thread or its replies, but I do have a few things to say about cancel culture. 

What always gets lost in the conversation is how easy it is to mobilize people these days. This is why cancel culture seems, at times, excessive. It is both good and a bad thing. Every movement ever has struggled with mobilizing groups of people. With the tools we have at our disposal nowadays, things have changed.

If you do something someone doesn't like people are going to find out about it. You can bank on there being droves of other people who feel the same way. Most of these points go without saying, but the same people who complain about cancel culture love what social media and other resources have done for their businesses, personal lives, careers, etc. If you are happy to receive the benefits of these services then you best be prepared to deal with what is perceived to be the worst of it. You can never have it both ways. There are obviously cases where people are certainly targeted (Donald Trump comes to mind) but for the most part people who do shitty things tend to piss a lot of people off. In the information age, those feelings of angst are like lighter fluid on an open fire. 

IMO, there is no such thing as cancel culture. It is an oversaturated term used to rile up the masses and push them towards believing a certain narrative. Call me crazy, but it is a major tool of massive manipulation. It has simply become too easy for people to access vast pools of information - and much easier to tailor this information to ones liking - than ever before. This phenomenon has incredible benefits, but understand that people finding out quickly about certain bad things someone did and people responding accordingly is not cancel culture, it is expedited accountability. The core principle behind cancel culture is accountability, and the ones who constantly complain about cancel culture probably aren't champions of this department to begin with. 

The movement behind "cancel culture" is no different  than someone retweeting something funny, or sharing a sappy video or picture on XYZ social platform. The same tools that allow us to mobilize these mobs of people who attack others for doing things they don't like is the same tool that allows us to mobilize mobs of people who will gladly spend their money on your product and cause, or increase the reach of your business, lifestyle, family, etc. We love these tools for how they can seemingly change lives for the good over night, yet cannot stomach it when X person does X shitty thing and Y group of people really don't like it and force them to be accountable for their actions. No longer can you do something and not have others find out about it (good or bad). Most of the cases of cancel culture in this thread (have not read them) I would wager are almost certainly grounded in people not wanting to be responsible for their actions. Either then, now, or in the future. Societally, we have a huge problem with this. What always trips me up is the political discourse about being accountable. It is constantly forced down our throats, yet when the buck stops it seems people really aren't ready to take a look in the mirror.

The access we have to the worlds information is powerful, but the whole cancel culture movement is a crutch. It's a lazy, oversaturated concept. Intelligent people owe it to themselves to value their critical thinking skills, beliefs, and values a pedestal above what is, effectively, a mainstream media talking point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • heart 1

17 minutes ago, Applerune said:

Being upfront: didn't read any of the thread or its replies, but I do have a few things to say about cancel culture. 

What always gets lost in the conversation is how easy it is to mobilize people these days. This is why cancel culture seems, at times, excessive. It is both good and a bad thing. Every movement ever has struggled with mobilizing groups of people. With the tools we have at our disposal nowadays, things have changed.

If you do something someone doesn't like people are going to find out about it. You can bank on there being droves of other people who feel the same way. Most of these points go without saying, but the same people who complain about cancel culture love what social media and other resources have done for their businesses, personal lives, careers, etc. If you are happy to receive the benefits of these services then you best be prepared to deal with what is perceived to be the worst of it. You can never have it both ways. There are obviously cases where people are certainly targeted (Donald Trump comes to mind) but for the most part people who do shitty things tend to piss a lot of people off. In the information age, those feelings of angst are like lighter fluid on an open fire. 

IMO, there is no such thing as cancel culture. It is an oversaturated term used to rile up the masses and push them towards believing a certain narrative. Call me crazy, but it is a major tool of massive manipulation. It has simply become too easy for people to access vast pools of information - and much easier to tailor this information to ones liking - than ever before. This phenomenon has incredible benefits, but understand that people finding out quickly about certain bad things someone did and people responding accordingly is not cancel culture, it is expedited accountability. The core principle behind cancel culture is accountability, and the ones who constantly complain about cancel culture probably aren't champions of this department to begin with. 

The movement behind "cancel culture" is no different  than someone retweeting something funny, or sharing a sappy video or picture on XYZ social platform. The same tools that allow us to mobilize these mobs of people who attack others for doing things they don't like is the same tool that allows us to mobilize mobs of people who will gladly spend their money on your product and cause, or increase the reach of your business, lifestyle, family, etc. We love these tools for how they can seemingly change lives for the good over night, yet cannot stomach it when X person does X shitty thing and Y group of people really don't like it and force them to be accountable for their actions. No longer can you do something and not have others find out about it (good or bad). Most of the cases of cancel culture in this thread (have not read them) I would wager are almost certainly grounded in people not wanting to be responsible for their actions. Either then, now, or in the future. Societally, we have a huge problem with this. What always trips me up is the political discourse about being accountable. It is constantly forced down our throats, yet when the buck stops it seems people really aren't ready to take a look in the mirror.

The access we have to the worlds information is powerful, but the whole cancel culture movement is a crutch. It's a lazy, oversaturated concept. Intelligent people owe it to themselves to value their critical thinking skills, beliefs, and values a pedestal above what is, effectively, a mainstream media talking point. 

Tbh when making this topic I hadn't really thought about how it's basically the other side of something which a lot of us gain benefit from, including more often than not, the people who may be more prone to so called 'cancel culture' in particular. That's a good point as well about enjoying the benefits of something but wanting to avoid the downsides.

I do agree that it's essentially accountability in the vast majority of cases. Most of the examples I used in OP were this - Gross Gore 1000% is just being held accountable for being a shitty person. The Gootecks guy was definitely being held accountable for his shitty intentions. Johnny Depp/Amber Heard is obviously a weird one but not really cancel culture, although I very much dislike how Johnny Depp was essentially held accountable for things which, as it turned out, he didn't actually do. His life and career were pretty badly hurt as a result of accusations that weren't even true because Amber Heard is a psychopath. Gina Carano I do feel that it's just very much her being held accountable for god awful shit takes among other things, though I don't necessarily feel it should permanently mark the rest of her life, and it seems some people may prefer that be the case. The only other example I really used was the thread Da Bazz made some time ago about zoomers trying to cancel Eminem over song lyrics. 

When I talk about cancel culture this is much more what I think of, as opposed to how many people refer to it regarding someone who does or says something genuinely harmful. Trying to "cancel" eminem over song lyrics from a decade ago, trying to cancel other musicians/prominent figures because they said a not so nice word in a tweet x amount of years ago or whatever; that stuff to me is essentially the nonsense side of so called cancel culture, for lack of a better term to describe it. Yes it's accountability on some level but at the same time, I find it's very rarely the case where whatever they said actually is related to their current beliefs or behaviors. It's not a good thing, but it very rarely actually reflects them and it's not quite the same as genuinely causing some form of harm to someone or holding a truly hateful ideology. I think things like this where people see someone they don't like or disagree with and try their hardest to fuck with that person's life/career based on something rather meaningless from years ago, assuming it's rather irrelevant to current times is the more toxic part that really shouldn't be a thing. This is what I refer to as the actual "cancel culture" and I feel is generally just started by someone looking for attention by starting shit, and it seems like the people trying to ruin someone over something insignificant are rarely a prize themselves. 

https://brobible.com/culture/article/rich-brian-tweets/

This is another one I remember from last year which I thought was really ridiculous, people trying to ruin a man's career over tweets from when he was legitimately a child. He obviously shouldn't have said or done that but I think it was well past a point where this was really holding him accountable for doing something bad. 

Basically:

IMO holding people responsible for genuinely being shitty is good and not what i'd call cancel culture, and you're probably not far off with your statement regarding mass manipulation

My more personal definition of cancel culture is more along the lines "this person said the n word 8 years ago I think it's time to cause serious harm to their career" which I think is basically just a 🤡fest 

The ironic thing being that the people who genuinely do bad shit and get called out or face repercussions often try to play it off like they're a victim of cancel culture and their fan base follows suit in supporting this, making it seem like it's something where it's a majority of great upstanding folk being targeted, when in reality it really isn't

The world would be a lot better place if social media didn't exist. Why do people care so much what other people have to say? If someone wants to be racist, homophobic, sexist or whatever just let them be. It's not anyone else's business. If you don't like it just don't "support" them in whatever means that is, i.e don't watch someones stream, don't buy an artists music. If you're activity trying to get someone "cancelled" you need to get a life.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Cancel culture is just a psyop tbh. As a conspirationist myself I'd say that by now the Elite is playing the Divide and Conquer game. They bomb us with all those moral and judgmental cases to keep us busy cancelling each other while we'd be better off spending our time and energies cancelling and judging those in charge exploiting children, women, elders, the poor, the taxpayer and so on. A divided society is easier to conquer. No wonder it was born in an Empire.

Now reading Applerune's contribution I'd say he pretty much nailed it LOL I couldnt agree more

Edited by Kuraminha
  • Like 2

7jmTOjL.png     

9 hours ago, Adam_ said:

I agree that when he was banned and unbanned for the stuff with accusing someone else of being a pedo that it should have been the end of it. I'm not sure if that really continued but I don't think it had anything to do with his original ban. The Celestia stuff assuming it was going on at that time probably was known but it doesn't necessarily mean it was brought to Twitch's attention. He also did a lot of other things some of which are shown in the list in the main post, and I have no idea how much of that would have been known at the time. I think it's also worth mentioning that as you said, people may have referred to that as something else at the time. Allegations had been made but not sure how many of them compared to now; but I think the most important thing is that the clip of him quite literally admitting to it that's in the main post was well after he was unbanned (2019 I believe.) Not to say allegations and everything shouldn't be taken seriously, and I do feel this properly should have been dealt with / investigated earlier/at the time, but this immediately takes it to the level of an admission of a crime and admission of sexual assault. It's quite literally him not only openly admitting to doing it, but giving the suggestion that it's alright because "he hasn't done it since" - he made zero effort to apologize to the victims or actually right any of his wrongs. 

It's also not just him sending her insta to her parents, nor was it just her insta. That's one of the lies he included in his video which I spoke of. At the time he quite literally uploaded an entire series of photos and evidence proving this.

https://imgur.com/a/b3Mf4Tb

You can even see in one image he states "it's not just her patron, it's her nudes, the gifs, the lot" - it doesn't even mention her instagram. Even if we were to say that may not necessarily be worth a permanent ban, it's not the only thing he's banned for, it's all the other shit he's done as well including the sexual assaults at runefest. There was one victim from the RS community that posted a bit of her story on twitter, but I don't really want to post it here publicly just incase she'd prefer that didn't happen. There were a few other victims i'd seen post from outside the community as well. 

On top of all of the shitty things he's done, he went and made that garbage video basically lying through his teeth for sympathy and playing the victim to make it seem like he's not as big of a piece of shit as he is, which if anything, in my opinion, says he in fact has not changed nor made any steps towards changing. If he/his stream personality were cancer and made a turn for the good, I think that's good, but it doesn't really change the fact that he's not a good person and is proven to not be a safe individual to have around women including those who are underaged, and putting him in a position of power and giving him a fan base increases the likelihood of more abuse.

Also agreed, he never should have had custody of his daughter and pretty much all the stuff involving his daughter is fucked. The animal abuse stuff was pretty fucked too though i'm not seeing it mentioned anywhere, I believe it was deleted rather quickly but I remember it quite well because a hacker from the RS community wasn't a fan of it and launched his full address onto the twitter timeline tagging authorities trying to get something done about it. The tweets from him showing his dog were not a good thing to see to say the very least. 

The celestia story should've been dealt with 4 years ago i also think that when twitch accepted him back they should've reviewed his past properly since he was already perm banned that story was pretty massive in the league community 

Runefest story was also pretty big so imo if twitch perm banned him for that they should've done that years ago

The sexual acctivity with minors should 100% be investigated and obv if guilty be charged 

His family drama with his sister and his mother is disgusting but no one really knows the full story he talked on stream about his sister dating a older dude said she should focus on school etc and about the virginity part (ye its rlly fucking weird lol)  

thing with gross gore is he changes his story 24/7 from saying she wants her to stay in school and wants to give her advice to not date (which i think he can say but obv she doesnt have to care about it)

but other things like she should sell nudes on patreon is disturbing (she actually did do that and got banned from it cuz she wasnt 18 i think not if it was nudity or not )

The things he said about his daughter idk dont really want to comment on that because as i said he shouldn't have custody of his child alot of drama went on because he talks about everything on stream the drama reachel? w/e her name is the mother of his child 

I personally couldn't careless if he said the n word or other dumb shit i dont wanna make an excuse by saying its league of legends euw it was the most toxic server and nothing was done about it so it was pre normal

But still idk for what exactly he's banned for and i guess we will never know

Pre much to sum it up it really depends for what he was perm banned for if he's perm banned for the things he done 4+ years ago i also think twitch is at fault for not doing enough research on a guy that was perm banned and they unbanned him and the guy should actually get help since he's gonna stream again on youtube or w/e streaming platform and things could repeat itself 

Ec3SRED.png

3 hours ago, Brian said:

The world would be a lot better place if social media didn't exist. Why do people care so much what other people have to say? If someone wants to be racist, homophobic, sexist or whatever just let them be. It's not anyone else's business. If you don't like it just don't "support" them in whatever means that is, i.e don't watch someones stream, don't buy an artists music. If you're activity trying to get someone "cancelled" you need to get a life.

Not really sure I agree with this. If someone wants to be racist, homophobic, or sexist that's really not a good thing. Obviously some people are put in positions where they have power to make decisions that can help others, allowing them to do so with an obvious bias or even the ability to make someone's life *worse* based on the color of their skin, sexual preference or gender is not a good thing. I do agree the people trying to actively get someone "cancelled" need to get a life if it's over something like i've mentioned before in this topic where it isn't reflective of that individual and is essentially just fishing for a reason to dislike them, but as i've said I think there's a lot of cases where genuine repercussions get lumped in as "cancel culture". *Actually* being a racist/homophobe/sexist I would certainly say isn't really being cancelled, it's being held accountable. 

22 minutes ago, Kevin said:

The celestia story should've been dealt with 4 years ago i also think that when twitch accepted him back they should've reviewed his past properly since he was already perm banned that story was pretty massive in the league community 

Runefest story was also pretty big so imo if twitch perm banned him for that they should've done that years ago

The sexual acctivity with minors should 100% be investigated and obv if guilty be charged 

His family drama with his sister and his mother is disgusting but no one really knows the full story he talked on stream about his sister dating a older dude said she should focus on school etc and about the virginity part (ye its rlly fucking weird lol)  

thing with gross gore is he changes his story 24/7 from saying she wants her to stay in school and wants to give her advice to not date (which i think he can say but obv she doesnt have to care about it)

but other things like she should sell nudes on patreon is disturbing (she actually did do that and got banned from it cuz she wasnt 18 i think not if it was nudity or not )

The things he said about his daughter idk dont really want to comment on that because as i said he shouldn't have custody of his child alot of drama went on because he talks about everything on stream the drama reachel? w/e her name is the mother of his child 

I personally couldn't careless if he said the n word or other dumb shit i dont wanna make an excuse by saying its league of legends euw it was the most toxic server and nothing was done about it so it was pre normal

But still idk for what exactly he's banned for and i guess we will never know

Pre much to sum it up it really depends for what he was perm banned for if he's perm banned for the things he done 4+ years ago i also think twitch is at fault for not doing enough research on a guy that was perm banned and they unbanned him and the guy should actually get help since he's gonna stream again on youtube or w/e streaming platform and things could repeat itself 

Agreed a lot more with this. It absolutely should've been dealt with 4 years ago. I see to some extent why it wasn't if not all the details were out there; but unbanning him that time ago, especially with all this going on and what he was being accused of, was a HUGE mistake. I also agree entirely that whatever can be, should be investigated. I mean he openly admitted to sexually assaulting women on his own stream, surely that should've been enough to spark some form of investigation. Absolutely ridiculous. He definitely as you said shouldn't have custody of his daughter, and the family stuff is all very disturbing, it takes a very mentally unsound individual to do and say some of those things regarding your family. As you said with him changing his story, it seems that's far from the only scenario/accusation where he's doing so, as with him now claiming he "only sent instagram photos" to Celestia's parents despite there being evidence otherwise (which he was kind enough to provide himself). If he's still making shit up over things this bad x amount of years later it's pretty clear he's not accepted what he's done let alone made any effort to change, more reason imo why he should have never been unbanned in the first place, but him being banned now is much better than nothing. I also, like you, don't really care about him saying the n word or other shit ages ago. It isn't good, but it's nothing compared to the sexual assault and all that. I'm not even sure why it was really brought up alongside a bunch of sexual assault cases and other horrible crimes, especially in the sense that it was where they literally just said "said the n word 3 times". While it wouldn't surprise me if he's genuinely racist, that's a pretty weak argument/evidence in my opinion. I also very much agree he should get help, but I imagine it's either going to be a case of him being charged as a criminal and forced to get help (which hopefully at LEAST the first thing happens) or the less likely chance of him choosing to genuinely change on his own, apologize to his victims and seek to better himself and get actual help. After years of scummy behavior, abuse, lies and no real remorse I think there'd be some ways to go and he'd probably have to lose more before he considered the latter. That being said, if it eventually happens that's far better than him remaining the person he is now. 

• Like 2