Cancel Culture vs. Repercussions for your Actions

Adam_

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

Not really sure I agree with this. If someone wants to be racist, homophobic, or sexist that's really not a good thing.

If it's just some social media clown why should anyone care? I mean yeah if it's like a world leader or whatever it's different. People give these "influencers" or whatever the fuck the term is too much attention.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 minute ago, Brian said:

If it's just some social media clown why should anyone care? I mean yeah if it's like a world leader or whatever it's different. People give these "influencers" or whatever the fuck the term is too much attention.

I agree that social media does give some people too much power, and often pretty 🤡 individuals at that though i'd still stay even if it's not a world leader, calling people out on their bullshit is good because A. keeps it from being normalized and B. these people generally have a following full of individuals who are rather naive and in some cases young, don't really need them looking up to some racist/sexist/homophobe as a role model, which sadly some people (especially younger ones) do with so called "influencers". 

• Like 2

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

4 hours ago, Adam_ said:

I agree that social media does give some people too much power, and often pretty 🤡 individuals at that though i'd still stay even if it's not a world leader, calling people out on their bullshit is good because A. keeps it from being normalized and B. these people generally have a following full of individuals who are rather naive and in some cases young, don't really need them looking up to some racist/sexist/homophobe as a role model, which sadly some people (especially younger ones) do with so called "influencers". 

This is how I feel tbh. If we just let people get away with it, the behavior becomes more normalized over time. Maybe some people won't do more than words, but some would take it seriously and cause people to suffer actual injuries in the process. 

• Like 1
  • heart 1

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

17 hours ago, Applerune said:

IMO, there is no such thing as cancel culture. It is an oversaturated term used to rile up the masses and push them towards believing a certain narrative. Call me crazy, but it is a major tool of massive manipulation. It has simply become too easy for people to access vast pools of information - and much easier to tailor this information to ones liking - than ever before. This phenomenon has incredible benefits, but understand that people finding out quickly about certain bad things someone did and people responding accordingly is not cancel culture, it is expedited accountability. The core principle behind cancel culture is accountability, and the ones who constantly complain about cancel culture probably aren't champions of this department to begin with.

The access we have to the worlds information is powerful, but the whole cancel culture movement is a crutch. It's a lazy, oversaturated concept. Intelligent people owe it to themselves to value their critical thinking skills, beliefs, and values a pedestal above what is, effectively, a mainstream media talking point. 

Agreed with your entire post but want to put the emphasize on 'expedited accountability'. What you talk about is exactly what I see in that imgur album of Gross Gore in Adams post below. He takes no responsibility/accountability and acts in a very child-like way. He puts all the blame on the other person and then takes revenge on her, Of course it's shit that she played him or whatever but he's the adult in that situation so he should act like one. The 'evidence' he showed to his fans is only there to rile up his masses and manipulate them. He's the epitome of only taking the good and never the bad.

17 hours ago, Adam_ said:

It's also not just him sending her insta to her parents, nor was it just her insta. That's one of the lies he included in his video which I spoke of. At the time he quite literally uploaded an entire series of photos and evidence proving this.

https://imgur.com/a/b3Mf4Tb

You can even see in one image he states "it's not just her patron, it's her nudes, the gifs, the lot" - it doesn't even mention her instagram. Even if we were to say that may not necessarily be worth a permanent ban, it's not the only thing he's banned for, it's all the other shit he's done as well including the sexual assaults at runefest. There was one victim from the RS community that posted a bit of her story on twitter, but I don't really want to post it here publicly just incase she'd prefer that didn't happen. There were a few other victims i'd seen post from outside the community as well. 

9 hours ago, Brian said:

The world would be a lot better place if social media didn't exist. Why do people care so much what other people have to say? If someone wants to be racist, homophobic, sexist or whatever just let them be. It's not anyone else's business. If you don't like it just don't "support" them in whatever means that is, i.e don't watch someones stream, don't buy an artists music. If you're activity trying to get someone "cancelled" you need to get a life.

I agree that you let randoms on the internet talk whatever shit they want. However I do think that we are obligated to say something about someones behavior if you consider them being in your inner circle. Friends, family, perhaps co-workers and definitely your partner / children (I'd include those that aren't your own because maybe it changes them for the better even if their parents don't care) should all be 'targets', for the lack of a better word, of your observations of their behavior. If they don't want to listen at the very least you can tell them I told you so when they come crying into your arms a couple of days, months, years later. This exercise is of course very hard to execute but I believe that this is a good way to curb this trend of idiocy we see on social media and in the world at large.

• Like 1

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~