Clan Wars/J Cup

Adam_

Obviously there are some differences between clan wars and wilderness fights. Clan wars has been pretty dead for years not that the wilderness has done much better. There are some teams that fight only in clan wars, often made up of members from different clans. Obviously one big upside to clan wars is no crashers, and you can also put set rules/limitations that somewhat help prevent 'cheating' and control the fight better. That being said, it seems like many people often prefer wilderness fights for various reasons, perhaps one of them being that you actually lose or gain money in wilderness fights (just don't get caught looting), plus I feel nostalgia and the wilderness go hand in hand to a lot of older players including myself even though I also was at clan wars a fuck load during wilderness removal. The fact that we only have one clan wars map and it isn't that interesting is perhaps also something worth noting.

Of course alongside the promised clan system, Jagex have stated they'd like to do a clan cup/j cup this year after several years of not having one, and many of the previous ones being plagued with cheating and out of game attacks (as well as other pvp related events and just many events they host in general.) I imagine most/all clans will want to participate meaning they'd better be getting some practice, which will include both inners and fighting other clans presumably. There has probably been more activity in clan wars in the past year in terms of actual fights than the past several, some of the results of which Vanuckle posts weekly here: 

I think there are some obvious problems that may not just be with CWA but clanning in general though, which will probably be things Jagex has to address during the J cup unless they want it to be a mess.

Cheating - Clients and out of game attacks. A lot of people are smarter about keeping their IP and accounts safe nowadays but I imagine some clans will be trying whatever they can to knock a few opponents out of competition with out of game tactics and intimidation through doxing. Clients will also give clans a big edge, some clans obviously using them while others do not. Some clients do everything for you and we know who uses those, but it seems like it's far more common to see clans using clients that are borderline or within the rules and at the very least, far less detectable. This presents the issue of it not really being a fair playing field as discussed on another topic I made about clients. The only real way for them to deal with clients would be to force steam only but will they do it / be able to enforce it? As for out of game attacks, very little they can do about most of it except for perhaps restarting rounds if it's obviously that people in a certain clan are getting their router cooked, but is this something they'd look out for or consider doing?

Full outs - For a full out or 100v100, how many clans left can actually pull 100? I would reckon with guests/friends, probably only AF, REV, Tempest, RoT, and *maybe* SV or a few of the country clans (I know almost nothing about wl/vit/etc or what they can pull). This will mean there's going to end up being pretty few contenders were there to be a bracket for a full out

Shared members - I imagine Jagex will probably want to enforce as much as they can the inability for clans to share members to prevent another Tropical parrots fiasco or w/e the fuck they were called, but maybe not. If they do prevent people from registering to fight for multiple clans, this will obviously spell trouble for some clans who have numerous shared members. What clan will they fight for, especially some of them that may lead country clans (vit/wl) but be in other clans like AF? 

These problems aside I think the promise of a j cup has people somewhat interested in clan wars action but i'm unsure that it will continue or anyone will care enough after the j cup to continue.

What if any improvements or fixes do you feel should be made to clan wars as the content currently is? New maps? New rulesets/modes? Any changes?

How do you think cheating and shared members will be addressed during the j cup?

Do you see the likely inability to pull 100 for some clans being an issue in the j cup ?

Do you think there will be near as many fights in clan wars as there are now after the j cup or will it probably die out?

Who do you think is taking the W(s) in the J cup in the various categories?

Do you prefer wilderness action or clan wars?

What if any improvements or fixes do you feel should be made to clan wars as the content currently is? New maps? New rulesets/modes? Any changes?

I think new maps would be good. I remember the pre eoc ones being a lot of fun, that being said, not sure if it'd actually make things better. I actually asked Ash a few weeks ago on twitter if they were perhaps considering adding new maps and he said an artist had been attempting to port what they could of turrets from rs3 and recreate the rest, but it wasn't easy and would likely be quite some time if they ended up deciding they wanted to complete it. I also remember on another topic it was mentioned that clan wars had some issues of people leaving cc or logging out or leaving portal or something and it not counting as a death and they could just resupply and re-enter which very much just sounds like a bug to me so I think that should be fixed.

How do you think cheating and shared members will be addressed during the j cup?

I think they *should* force steam only, replay rounds if there's obvious foul play, and if people end up randomly getting hacked coincidentally, investigate what they can and DQ anyone they can prove is responsible and their clan. I think they may seek to do the steam only thing in smaller fights but not sure if they'd consider doing the rest. Although I do think people will probably find themselves banned if they decide it's a smart idea to use anything detectable which will perhaps at least prevent some nonsense.

Do you see the likely inability to pull 100 for some clans being an issue in the j cup ?

Not going to pretend to know everything about what some clans pull but if there's a full out / 100v100 then yeah I think some clans not being able to pull that much will hurt their ability to compete lol

Do you think there will be near as many fights in clan wars as there are now after the j cup or will it probably die out?

Probably not

Don't really know what exactly the categories have been in the past or may be in this one since the j cups that happened pre osrs I never paid attention to and the ones that happened in OSRS I wasn't playing for. I assume it'll be something like 25v25, 50v50 and a full out, maybe even a 5v5, and presumably both f2p and p2p. 

Large f2p I think tempest/rot/af/maybe rev will probably be the top contenders

Large p2p I think mainly rot/af/rev

Small f2p I think will be interesting since more clans will be able to pull those numbers so no idea really, I think tempest/af/rot/rev will likely maintain a sort of edge though

Small p2p similarly I think will be interesting for the same reasons and probably will be the same clans and df being the most competitive

I don't clan so neither i guess lol, clan wars era was great though and had lots of fun in the wilderness. I think if I still clanned now i'd probably prefer wilderness by a mile though 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

It’s nice that you brought this up (considering it’s Spring now and we don’t know when the jcup will be). 

I think a big challenge will be cheating, so staying on top of that even before the Jcup starts would be best imo. 

• Like 1

Add hugging on classic map again and remove snare

It won't, Jagex is an excuse of a company at this point

If one member can only fight for one clan I see a couple clans having issues with pulling even 80 let alone a 100

It will slowly die out after jcup I think

Full out F2P - AF (without VR members), Rev or Tempest if AF make VR fight for them

Matched options F2P (30v30 idk?) - Could be anyone between Rev/Tempest/AF honestly

Full out P2P - Rev or DF

Matched options P2P (30v30 idk?) - DF

Pures - Not sure, don't know how well pure clans go vs each other

RSB - Probably one of those weirdo single teams like FL/ST

RoT probably have a decent chance at F2P as well once they make all their current members sit for all their retireds

It's nice to have both once in a while - nice to have a change of pace every once in a while

Edited by Pietru
  • Like 2

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

7 minutes ago, Pietru said:

Add hugging on classic map again and remove snare

as someone not really familiar with how this was removed, was this something that was just never added to OSRS? Was it removed with a specific update? Why mechanically can this not happen anymore? (Speaking of hugging ofc) 

What if any improvements or fixes do you feel should be made to clan wars as the content currently is? New maps? New rulesets/modes? Any changes?

Allow hugging again. Remove snare and/or allow pray mage to half the time frozen duration.

Cheating is something that won’t be addressed. Jagex won’t put that kind of time into it. Shared members won’t be addressed either cause Jagex could give two shits about it even though something should be done about it.

Umm, for some clans maybe but a lot of these older clans that have been around awhile will have no issues getting retireds to come back for a few fights.

Do you think there will be near as many fights in clan wars as there are now after the j cup or will it probably die out?

I think the amount of fights will stay the same because CWA gives you a clear winner (unless your clan is a flooder.....). There is no denying one clan out performing the other. 

Full out F2P - I’m not trying to be biased but I believe Tempest has huge potential for this. AF would also be up there with us.

Matched options F2P (30v30) - Tempest/Rev/AF

Full out P2P - Don’t really follow this but probably DF

Matched options P2P (30v30)- DF

Pures - Not sure

I prefer wilderness because of the nostalgia factor, but I also like CWA for the competitiveness. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png

3 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

as someone not really familiar with how this was removed, was this something that was just never added to OSRS? Was it removed with a specific update? Why mechanically can this not happen anymore? (Speaking of hugging ofc) 

Apparently Jagex introduced a mechanic elsewhere which in turn made hugging in classic map not work as intended anymore. Which mechanic it is though I have no idea

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

1 minute ago, Pietru said:

Apparently Jagex introduced a mechanic elsewhere which in turn made hugging in classic map not work as intended anymore. Which mechanic it is though I have no idea

Interesting, if it was a mechanical change or something with the engine then not sure if they could even make it possible again without breaking the way something else works

Edited by Adam_

Recently I suggested to Mod Ash the option to create an icon on the challenge settings so clans could toggle snares and binds on/off. He said that even tho it's actually doable and not a problem at all it is not their priority atm and it's best to leave the way it is. Aside from that I have no idea to actually improve anything for clanning experience. :x 

The same way such events are held in other games: clans will need to provide proof others have cheated. I don't believe Jagex will go any further on that. 

Nop, as it's never been so. I've seen clans pulling 80 ppl smashing clans who pulled 100 ppl in a full out. It's up to the clan staff if they will participate in this category or not. If you can't take the heat then you should get out of the kitchen baby 

I can only hope so

I have absolutely no clue. Right now basically all I see is A beating B, B beating C and C beating A. So I can't figure it out lol

Both equally tbh. I tend to like CWA more since your return is almost immediate so you get action the whole time.

• Like 1

7jmTOjL.png     

1 hour ago, Scleritis said:

Hopefully there's none of this this time round

owQ4lQF.png?1

interesting, never got ddosed on osrs lols mustve been a cheap booter if they couldnt even knock my net down

• Haha 1

Discord_HETwQJ1v4w.png.f36b96e3805b96e1af7b65a9cf2d7834.png

image.png.8123a2549fedaeb3ec2e979f2d401964.png

bc69bb0703.png

ROT MotM April 2011

ROT Official 2011-2016

Other than rumours i haven't seen any concrete evidence they'll be a J Cup, and if there is I suspect it wouldn't be till about September - at which point the entire face of the clan world will have challenge.

Regardless there are very few actual clans left and with all the plugins, auto eating, auto tanking, auto prayers, auto piling I can't see Jagex bothering, and if they do Its going to be pretty pointless anyway IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Bobicles2 said:

Other than rumours i haven't seen any concrete evidence they'll be a J Cup, and if there is I suspect it wouldn't be till about September - at which point the entire face of the clan world will have challenge.

Regardless there are very few actual clans left and with all the plugins, auto eating, auto tanking, auto prayers, auto piling I can't see Jagex bothering, and if they do Its going to be pretty pointless anyway IMO. 

They did say they wanted to do one, but that was pretty much the last time it was mentioned I think. It's technically official word but yeah