Clanning on other games

Adam_

Obviously if you are on these forums you likely currently clan or previously clanned on RS, or have some interest in it. But obviously this isn't the only game out there and some of those other games have clans or some equivalent as well (think they're called guilds on wow and a lot of other games?)

Most other games i've played have either just been solo player games or generally much smaller groups with a few friends, unless you count clanning on RSPS which is basically just a rip off of OSRS, I don't have any experience clanning on other games.

Obviously some clans from RS have communities on other games, like EoS which obviously was originally a RS clan but despite having some presence on RS, are much more Albion oriented nowadays. 

Has anyone here had experience with clanning on other games? How does it differ from RS other than it being a different game? Were you just a member or did you end up taking on some sort of leadership role? How did you compare to other clans/guilds/whatever? Would you say the community aspect is as strong as it can be with some of the RS clans? 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

I'm in a clan on Destiny 2. The only requirement is being in the discord and at least playing x amount of time each season to remain in there, which I do. I rarely interact with any of them, but pop in the discord to chime in on the new stuff every season for a day or 2 just to make my appearance.

• Like 1

hvHoqlp.png

GjBRyio.png

ODhl97J.gif.f831a07b979f5c0b8db14cb43c1db70d.gif

divider_660.png.2c0ed24e9905e05ac66f75b86313c193.png

PDlMitch ~ Ex: Knights of Order ~ Collision ~ Syndicate ~ Exodus ~ Crimson Raiders ~ Downfall ~ Divine Forces

EKoWIwx.gif

48UvRla.png

Ien0xgI.png

qnyOThg.png

I remember being in a guild on Path of Exile back when I actually played it - though I've never seen clanning in such depth as RS has it really

Edited by Pietru
  • Like 1

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

Sometime in 2007-2008 I got into clans on Stars Wars Battlefront II for a bit. They were obviously a good bit smaller and there was no built-in system for clans/teams. We didn't use any voice, but some would have forums/websites. In order to join, you would have to "try out" by facing off 1v1 with leaders of the clan to see if you were good enough. You would indicate your clan/team with the acronym in parenthesis before your game tag, i.e. (TEMPY) Howl. You would face off with other clans/teams by joining their server and asking them to set up a fight. The fights had specific, arbitrary rules, similar to like we set up in Wilderness fights.

I don't remember exactly which ones I was in (the names might come back to me if I saw them), but I do remember leading a clan for a bit called NAVY (lol). I remember us being pretty decent and I set up a shitty forums site on something free like Wix or something similar.

A quick Google search shows me this: https://battlefront.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars:_Battlefront_series_clans but I only recognize a few of the names.

• Like 2

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

After RS, I joined a guild of 5 real life friends and played Heroes of Newerth competitively with them (the equivalent of DotA). It was a different experience altogether because it was another type of game and involved people I knew in real life. That's about the extent of my clan experience outside of RS.

• Like 1

How does it differ from RS other than it being a different game?

I've been clanning on Battlefield for the past 6 or 7 years and I'd say the biggest diff for me would be not having forums (at least for most clans). Some clans I've been in could have like 50 very active people but without any way to communicate other than message apps. Feels like we have wasted a lot of potential to get more engaged in the game and even improve our member quality if forums were a thing where we could share tactics, explore maps, recruit, get more donations to our own servers, set a periodic quality control system, share tips etc. Things that are easily lost and forgotten when thrown out as just messages.

Were you just a member or did you end up taking on some sort of leadership role? How did you compare to other clans/guilds/whatever?

I was a member in a very famous brazilian clan, the Noobs In War [nW], which ended up winning tons of world cups. When they closed then I joined oNx e-Sports being made their Leader soon after, the only international clan I've been in that won almost every fight it accepted. After I closed its doors out of multiclanning problems, I decided to join CKG with some ex oNx friends. And by that time being known in the scenario it didn't take much to their founder ask me if I would accept leadership, which I did. With several trainings and internal improvements, we went from one of the worst clans out there to one of the few very respected and feared. When we started losing opts due to the game dying itself, I've joined a latin/spanish based clan, where I am to this day as some sort of captain or a high council. Their leadership always come to me to ask for strategies, tips etc.

It's been a great journey as a clanner on this game and I can't deny it feels very awesome to get that kind of respect and recognition from others. Recently I took 2 of the best Scout Heli pilots in the world scoreboard on a 1v1 and I've beaten both. So yeah, feels dope.

Would you say the community aspect is as strong as it can be with some of the RS clans? 

Just very few clans had forums and it seemed their community were pretty solid. You see, even tho the game died at this point there's this clan called Symthic that to this day has a very active discord (not sure about their forums). It's not even comparable. RS clans are the real deal when it comes to the community aspect of gaming, at least for the competitive games I've played. Altho I've made friends in every clan I have joined I've never seen people keep in touch after 10, 15+ years not even in real life, let alone in a goddamn game. This is fucking amazing. 

Edited by Kuraminha
  • Like 2

7jmTOjL.png     

10 minutes ago, Kuraminha said:

How does it differ from RS other than it being a different game?

I've been clanning on Battlefield for the past 6 or 7 years and I'd say the biggest diff for me would be not having forums (at least for most clans). Some clans I've been in could have like 50 very active people but without any way to communicate other than message apps. Feels like we have wasted a lot of potential to get more engaged in the game and even improve our member quality if forums were a thing where we could share tactics, explore maps, recruit, get more donations to our own servers, set a periodic quality control system, share tips etc. Things that are easily lost and forgotten when thrown out as just messages.

Were you just a member or did you end up taking on some sort of leadership role? How did you compare to other clans/guilds/whatever?

I was a member in a very famous brazilian clan, the Noobs In War [nW], which ended up winning tons of world cups. When they closed then I joined oNx e-Sports being made their Leader soon after, the only international clan I've been in that won almost every fight it accepted. After I closed its doors out of multiclanning problems, I decided to join CKG with some ex oNx friends. And by that time being known in the scenario it didn't take much to their founder ask me if I would accept leadership, which I did. With several trainings and internal improvements, we went from one of the worst clans out there to one of the few very respected and feared. When we started losing opts due to the game dying itself, I've joined a latin/spanish based clan, where I am to this day as some sort of captain or a high council. Their leadership always come to me to ask for strategies, tips etc.

It's been a great journey as a clanner on this game and I can't deny it feels very awesome to get that kind of respect and recognition from others. Recently I took 2 of the best Scout Heli pilots in the world scoreboard on a 1v1 and I've beaten both. So yeah, feels dope.

Would you say the community aspect is as strong as it can be with some of the RS clans? 

Just very few clans had forums and it seemed their community were pretty solid. You see, even tho the game died at this point there's this clan called Symthic that to this day has a very active discord (not sure about their forums). It's not even comparable. RS clans are the real deal when it comes to the community aspect of gaming, at least for the competitive games I've played. Altho I've made friends in every clan I have joined I've never seen people keep in touch after 10, 15+ years not even in real life, let alone in a goddamn game. This is fucking amazing. 

Was there any particular reason clans didn't decide to make forums or some sort of more official way of communication/discussing things when the scene was a bit more active? 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

54 minutes ago, Flukejiver said:

Nah, never joined a clan or guild on another game. 

This.

Also RuneScape is the game I will die with lmao

• Haha 2

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

10 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Was there any particular reason clans didn't decide to make forums or some sort of more official way of communication/discussing things when the scene was a bit more active? 

I believe the lack of experience with forums would be the main reason. Secondly would be the players not being used to such commitment. I could've create a forums from scratch the same way I did for NL but I don't believe it'd be active due to the people not being used to it.

• Like 1

7jmTOjL.png     

I was in a Warframe clan for awhile, but mostly just for the perks that being in a clan on that game provided you (similar to the citadel on RS3). Never took part in much social activity aside from talking a few times on Discord. Messed about in some guilds on a few MMOs, but never put in any actual effort/time to fully explore them. Nothing really compares to the kind of intimacy (community wise) that you find in RS clans (PvP ones especially).

• Like 1

lApm4a9.png

In between my spur between Envy and DF I used to play Flyff with @Vegeta and we had a 'guild'.. it was pretty lit and we dominated the server for a long period to the point nobody would enter the weekly guild siege because we were that dominant, and we'd get auto-reigned champions each week. The community was amazing and still have friends I talk to to this day from the guild we had

• Like 2

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

ArcheAge was one of the few games I played that took PvP almost as seriously as a Runescape clan. Bullying in the game was fairly common I would say, but it was all kept in the game. Killing enemy guilds players and just being an overall nuisance. Flaming in world chat was pretty common but it was fairly civilized. 

Fortunately enough they kept it pretty much in game and no doxing was involved. 

Edited by RagingPanda
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png

DEkDNzZ.gif

LkcsY.gif
i1a4jjh.gif
nfVcZsC.gif
cO9INAK.gif