Do you like your job?

Carolina

Do you like your job?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’m curious how many people genuinely enjoy the work that they do. Idk if it’s because I’m still “young” in my career (about 1-2 years out of college), but I still daydream about how nice it would be to be excited every morning to go to my job and do the work that I do. It’s crazy to me how much of our lives we will spend “working” and seems pretty dreadful if we don’t enjoy what we do.

I heard from some older and wiser friends that this just isn’t very realistic most of the time. The idea that you work to earn, and use the money to spend time doing activities you enjoy outside of work seems to be the prevalent thought for most people I discuss with.

Right now I don’t mind my job, but it definitely doesn’t excite me. I just work for the paycheck and to be financially secure. Do you work hard in a job you don’t necessarily love in order to play hard, or go out of your way to make sure you’re genuinely happy, content, and maybe even excited with your role even at the cost of less compensation? 

rf5CUnO.png

b7RK1RJ.png

KcWkEw4.pngveneSig.jpg.b0fd15ac5e0a61edb678286925403d58.jpg

Yes I do, having this pandemic and dealing with deep diving into law or protocols to find loops is challenging enough - Although was meant to be at European Commission from March 2020 til January 2021, but we all know what happened in March 2020.. 😄 

• Like 2

dTUgUvM.gif

9ctxpJn.png.7f176442498d0f43a8e5f6bc3c4efe0f.png

The work itself is a lot of fun, albeit very tiring, and the people I work with are great. The only downsides are the shitty hours and the fact customers are, for the most part, a set of cunts.

Edited by Wee Man
  • Like 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

I was very unhappy with my original career choice which was chosen as a high schooler when I honestly didn't truly know what I wanted. I didn't finish college for that career because it didn't feel like the right one for me. My cousin once told me "Well there ain't no sense having a job where you're crying on the way to work."  So I worked a few different jobs for years just to get by while I carefully thought about different career paths. I can't even put a number on how many careers I considered. I looked at how much education was needed for each of them, average salaries, etc. Then I deeply reflected on my personal strengths and weaknesses and what sort of aspects of my jobs at the time made me unhappy. I eventually went back to college at 28 after discovering my current career. I have been in it for 6 months and I do think it's been a wonderful fit for me. The pay is good and every day brings new challenges. No two days are the same which keeps it interesting for me. And it's a very fulfilling job for me since I feel like I'm making a difference in people's lives. I definitely recommend anyone who is unhappy with their situation to reflect like I did and see if they can find a better career because like you said, you spend sooo many hours per week at your job, so it's good to have one that you like! My husband noticed a difference in my behaviors right away and commented that he loves that I'm always happy when I come home from work as opposed to being stressed and miserable in the past. 

• Like 4
  • heart 2

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

I'm unemployed now but I was used to dislike the job I had at the Regional Electoral Court. Very stressful, tons of cases to take care of and always a few jerks to deal with, specially the district attorney. I'm looking forward to discover new areas rn while I can enjoy some savings. 

• Like 1

7jmTOjL.png     

Love my job 🙂 10 years down, ~30 more to come XD

• Like 1

bbe0171816dd2e2703a5c7e35ae3ccad.png

6BkaIin.png
VnG Pur3 / Pur3 str0ng2 / I work high
= Vanguard Retired Leader, Tempest OldSchool =
= Ex Kissing the Shadows Council / Darkness Awaits CouncilCrimson Raiders Moderator - The Rising Elite member

13 minutes ago, Krystal said:

I was very unhappy with my original career choice which was chosen as a high schooler when I honestly didn't truly know what I wanted. I didn't finish college for that career because it didn't feel like the right one for me. My cousin once told me "Well there ain't no sense having a job where you're crying on the way to work."  So I worked a few different jobs for years just to get by while I carefully thought about different career paths. I can't even put a number on how many careers I considered. I looked at how much education was needed for each of them, average salaries, etc. Then I deeply reflected on my personal strengths and weaknesses and what sort of aspects of my jobs at the time made me unhappy. I eventually went back to college at 28 after discovering my current career. I have been in it for 6 months and I do think it's been a wonderful fit for me. The pay is good and every day brings new challenges. No two days are the same which keeps it interesting for me. And it's a very fulfilling job for me since I feel like I'm making a difference in people's lives. I definitely recommend anyone who is unhappy with their situation to reflect like I did and see if they can find a better career because like you said, you spend sooo many hours per week at your job, so it's good to have one that you like! My husband noticed a difference in my behaviors right away and commented that he loves that I'm always happy when I come home from work as opposed to being stressed and miserable in the past. 

I love this!! I’m so happy you found a career that’s more fulfilling and makes your happier! That’s amazing and a brave move.

I’m definitely not “unhappy” with my role, but I agree that if it gets to a point where it’s affecting my mental health and dragging me down emotionally, I’ll take a page out of your book and be courageous enough to find a new job! ❤️

Edited by Carolina
  • heart 1

rf5CUnO.png

b7RK1RJ.png

KcWkEw4.pngveneSig.jpg.b0fd15ac5e0a61edb678286925403d58.jpg

some things they certainly could've done better, but i'm sure that's the place for anywhere. wouldn't say like or dislike really, i'm unsure about the field as a whole really. that being said, can't think of a field i'd prefer more though i can think of jobs in my field i'd probably prefer over this. pretty fortunate to not be in a horrible place though or anything currently

• Like 1

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Been working about 20 years now. I've gone from pure grunt work as a mover, furniture appliance delivery. Running my own business buying the conpany from my boss.  Did the flipping houses and renting out thing for a while.

When I moved out rural I worked at a sawmill for 2 years learned how to grade lumber etc. 

All those jobs had good and bad. Sawmill was slavery but learned a lot.

My current job I love. Been here 6 years. Good benefits,  pension every 5 years they add a week holiday. It's 4 10 hour shifts a week and the company is very involved with the community. Donating to local food banks and we volunteer at Ronald Mcdonald house etc.

Gives me the ability to have a life but decent job. Pretty happy and lucked out because it's afternoon shift and I always been a go to bed 2am type of person.

Edited by Vanzant
  • heart 1

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

I like it, I wouldn't say I love it. Probably because of the pay though

• Like 1

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png