Jebrim AMA

Jebrim

Do you have any sisters and if so (assuming they portray the same amount of love for the great state of Texas) would you be open to a non-platonic relationship with your sister(s)?

6 minutes ago, Jebrim said:

I actually usually do pretty well at Connect Four. The End is just that good. I'd love to play him again so that I might improve my skills further.

If The End beats you again, would you consider giving a speech before one of our battles?

YvMjvIs.png

buzAajZ.png

jyuKFQs.png

13 hours ago, The End said:

What is a typical day at work look like for you? Do you work alone or with a team/group on these simulators? What is the primary motivation of these flight simulators (e.g. testing/practice)?

I work remotely at home at this point, so my typical day isn't really too unusual.

There is a morning meeting with the team. We each work in our respective areas. I find that the bulk of my work tends to involve debugging rather than actually writing new lines of code. Renderers are complex systems. Whether your task is to create a new feature or fix an existing bug, you ultimately tend to end up in a cycle where you spend a lot of time debugging an issue to identify its root cause and a relatively small amount of time designing a solution for the issue and implementing the solution. This repeats itself a few times. What makes writing rendering code so troublesome is that code changes in one area can cause problems in a completely different area.

Ultimately, none of this is specific to flight simulators as a whole. These issues exist in anything that relies upon real-time, hardware-accelerated 3D renderers.

Flight simulators exist to be a cheaper solution for training pilots without risking lives and millions of dollars flying the real thing. They'll eventually fly the real thing, but it's good to start people out in a sim first to get familiar with the controls and safe procedures.

Edited by Jebrim
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, B0rntowildy said:

Do you have any sisters and if so (assuming they portray the same amount of love for the great state of Texas) would you be open to a non-platonic relationship with your sister(s)?

I don't actually have any immediate family members that live in Texas. My family is in Rhode Island. And no, that's disgusting and immoral.

12 hours ago, BleakTerror said:

will you get me 99 agility on my main...?

is true 2k8 99 agil irl?

is the end actually the end :hash:

No

• yikes 1

Why do you think that a southern gentleman with high moral standards like yourself gets a bad wrap on the internet? 

What are your thoughts on cancel culture? 

IkxZxGH.png

0sj0La8.gif

uiKF6Vo.mp4

1C8F9B31-BBB3-4390-9DD8-F36B27BFD592.png

409FD042-2929-4DA3-9AE4-D8C2C23A0CB5.png