Preferred Pronouns

Carolina

Was reading an article about preferred pronouns which triggered this topic idea. If you're not sure you can read about it here. @Jebrim would love to see your input here too...👀

1. What are your thoughts on preferred pronouns/gender inclusive pronouns? (I know this might be controversial for some but its Friyay so keep it friendly 🙂Lots of schools and workplaces have embraced these pronouns and are incorporating them to be more inclusive.

2. What are your preferred pronouns? Mine is she/her.

6ec18dd0df8add8dadeca7508be0e24e.png

Edited by Carolina
  • Haha 1

rf5CUnO.png

b7RK1RJ.png

KcWkEw4.pngveneSig.jpg.b0fd15ac5e0a61edb678286925403d58.jpg

People can use whatever pronoun they want but I have enough trouble remembering names so don’t expect me to remember your preferred pronouns

• Like 3

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png

9 minutes ago, Carolina said:

Was reading an article about preferred pronouns which triggered this topic idea. If you're not sure you can read about it here. @Jebrim would love to see your input here too...👀

1. What are your thoughts on preferred pronouns/gender inclusive pronouns? (I know this might be controversial for some but its Friyay so keep it friendly 🙂Lots of schools and workplaces have embraced these pronouns and are incorporating them to be more inclusive.

2. What are your preferred pronouns? Mine is she/her.

6ec18dd0df8add8dadeca7508be0e24e.png

Screw that crap. I find it annoying even bringing this nonsense up. It’s a religion they’ve invented for themselves.

3 minutes ago, Jebrim said:

Screw that crap. I find it annoying even bringing this nonsense up. It’s a religion they’ve invented for themselves.

The irony is real in this one

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

yeah i'll call them whatever they want, sometimes it's not always obvious or i don't always remember so as long as they don't get upset over me legitimately making a mistake i don't know why i wouldn't. why does it matter what they identify as / prefer to be called? 

he/him 

• Like 1

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

17 minutes ago, dnd5 said:

People can use whatever pronoun they want but I have enough trouble remembering names so don’t expect me to remember your preferred pronouns

Pretty much this.    I'd be lying if I said I completely understood it, but people can do whatever they want - it doesn't impact me.

Edited by bomb
  • Like 1

TbAn2mL.png

As long as people are reasonable and realistic. I have no problem addressing them however they want. I'm just not okay with being forced to do things a certain way. It's all how you convey your message.

• Like 1

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

I think the first three are more than acceptable.

If someone identifies as a female (but was born a man), I think it's pretty normal to refer to them as a she/her. Likewise for a male (who was born a woman) to be referred to as a he/him.

I don't understand the bottom three, personally.

• Like 1

🎩

🤡

🖕---- |      |----🖕

|       |

/   🍆  \

|           |

👞      👟

• honk 1

imageproxy.png

DEkDNzZ.gif

LkcsY.gif
i1a4jjh.gif
nfVcZsC.gif
cO9INAK.gif

I try to refer to folks with their preferred pronouns but find that I struggle to use them subconsciously if I knew the person pre-transition. Their birth pronoun slips in and I have to correct myself every time. Kinda wish we'd just abolish he/she altogether and just use new pronouns like ze for everyone and be done with it. But that would take quite some time to become mainstream heh.

• Like 2
  • honk 1
  • heart 1

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]