Quest Alt - Progression Thread

Victoria

5 hours ago, Lavigne said:

I was toying with whether to take an autism shot or congratulate you. I have decided. Huge grats.

And let's face it, I'd have only gone with the former out of jealousy that this looks like super fun but I can't ever let anyone see me say that because admitting it would be a sign of weakness. One thing that might have been better to have done at the start is note done all gains that weren't done through questing or killing something on the quest so we can see just how much training you had to do. How did you get quest slayer reqs? Did you have to manually train almost every slayer level?

Also like most people NMZ still gives me PTSD from DI, and I didn't even finish levelling there before I tapped out and bought an account off Ggs for like 200 bucks.

So, I can sort of answer this because I know the general roadmap I've taken with this account. For Slayer requirements, there was a bit of cold training, yes. However, I didn't have to cold train a lot of it because there are a good chunk of quests in the early stages that you can do to get you up to around level 26 Slayer. Early combat XP gains were all pumped through quests like Waterfall Quest, Fight Arena, Observatory Quest, etc.

Another big thing to note are the tome and lamp XP rewards that certain quests give that allow you to choose certain stats to allocate gains towards. During the first quarter of the accounts journey I think I manually pumped Agility the most because it's required for quests like Horror from the Deep and makes traveling a lot easier overall. Although I was also mindful of my progression path and there were times I took XP rewards for obscure stats just to meet a requirement needed for a specific quest.

I can say with absolute certainty that up to this point, the bulk of all cold training that had to be done was with certain gathering skills like Woodcutting, Cooking, and Fishing. There was also a small amount of bridging with Hunter and Farming for quests that give travel access hubs (Like Eagles Peak and Fairytale Part 2 - Cure a Queen). FT Pt 2 is major just because of fairy rings, which I've probably had access to since level 30 combat or so, and you only have to start the quest to use the travel feature. Getting it as early as possible shaves so much time off of traveling, reduces overall questing time and can save a lot of unnecessary gold on teleport tabs or runes. The only combat stat so far that I've had to do any form of cold training on to an extended degree was Ranged, simply because there are very few quests that actually pump this stat through XP rewards.

For my current method of progression, the biggest roadblocks were Monkey Madness 1 and Underground Pass. I took Monkey Madness as early as possible simply because the end quest boss is fairly easy to kill and it sets me up with gear access (which I still can't use yet!) and gave me a much needed infusion of combat XP needed to survive Underground Pass, which gave me access to the weapon and spell I've been abusing the most. Iban's Staff (u) is absolutely paramount for me given that my magic has just naturally progressed at a faster rate than the rest of my character due to travel needs as well as how it trivializes a ton of NPC bosses in the game so far. Until about 75 magic it's going to be the most effective damage spell in my arsenal, and a much cheaper option compared to God Spells or Ancient Magicks (the latter which are particularly underwhelming until 75, the former only being useful for the cape).

Edited by Victoria
  • Like 1
  • heart 1

V8OsPdP.png

l4DV57N.png

Y6Bo23z.gif

7 minutes ago, Victoria said:

So, I can sort of answer this because I know the general roadmap I've taken with this account. For Slayer requirements, there was a bit of cold training, yes. However, I didn't have to cold train a lot of it because there are a good chunk of quests in the early stages that you can do to get you up to around level 26 Slayer. Early combat XP gains were all pumped through quests like Waterfall Quest, Fight Arena, Observatory Quest, etc.

Another big thing to note are the tome and lamp XP rewards that certain quests give that allow you to choose certain stats to allocate gains towards. During the first quarter of the accounts journey I think I manually pumped Agility the most because it's required for quests like Horror from the Deep and makes traveling a lot easier overall. Although I was also mindful of my progression path and there were times I took XP rewards for obscure stats just to meet a requirement needed for a specific quest.

I can say with absolute certainty that up to this point, the bulk of all cold training that had to be done was with certain gathering skills like Woodcutting, Cooking, and Fishing. There was also a small amount of bridging with Hunter and Farming for quests that give travel access hubs (Like Eagles Peak and Fairytale Part 2 - Cure a Queen). FT Pt 2 is major just because of fairy rings, which I've probably had access to since level 30 combat or so, and you only have to start the quest to use the travel feature. Getting it as early as possible shaves so much time off of traveling, reduces overall questing time and can save a lot of unnecessary gold on teleport tabs or runes. The only combat stat so far that I've had to do any form of cold training on to an extended degree was Ranged, simply because there are very few quests that actually pump this stat through XP rewards.

For my current method of progression, the biggest roadblocks were Monkey Madness 1 and Underground Pass. I took Monkey Madness as early as possible simply because the end quest boss is fairly easy to kill and it sets me up with gear access (which I still can't use yet!) and gave me a much needed infusion of combat XP needed to survive Underground Pass, which gave me access to the weapon and spell I've been abusing the most. Iban's Staff (u) is absolutely paramount for me given that my magic has just naturally progressed at a faster rate than the rest of my character due to travel needs as well as how it trivializes a ton of NPC bosses in the game so far. Until about 75 magic it's going to be the most effective damage spell in my arsenal, and a much cheaper option compared to God Spells or Ancient Magicks (the latter which are particularly underwhelming until 75, the former only being useful for the cape).

Honestly young me is like "that is autistic as shit" but young me is also "this is exactly the sort of stuff I'd do to find new enjoyment in the game". 

Can't wait to see the quest cape mate. You also still owe me a chat.

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

Some smaller quests completed that have larger point values. These quests really serve little to no purpose as they aren't required to be completed for any other quest, but they do provide very substantial Quest Points. If I had to reset the build I don't think I would complete any of them sooner since they're of little consequence and provide no immediate benefit. Sheep Herder could probably be taken early on if you absolutely need the small amount of gold it provides. Also knocked out Below Ice Mountain just so I could take a look at the new area, I'll be exploring it a bit later on.

At this point of the journey, things are about to get a bit shitty. My current goal is to walk back and complete all of the easy, and most (if not all) of the existing medium achievement diaries for the XP rewards they provide as my focus is now directed towards the Elf questline. These quests are all required for future Master level quests and provide fairly substantial XP rewards, zone unlocks, minigame unlocks and gear unlocks. Most of these XP lamps will be dumped into Ranged as it is much slower to cold train than Agility, Mining, Magic or even Crafting. The Level 60 Ranged requirement isn't so much for the use of any gear as it is to start Mournings End Part 1 so I can get a teleport crystal to Lletya and bypass using the Well of Voyage, charter transit or walking the path from the North Gate, all of which are downright awful in their own rights.

New Quests added:

UIqw9IH.png

jJjAnMB.png

oMonQyq.png

V8OsPdP.png

l4DV57N.png

Y6Bo23z.gif

Current Stat Targets:

53 Herblore (Ending of Fairytale Pt. 2)

56 Agility (Required for Regicide and Roving Elves)

60 Ranged (Required for Mourning's End Part 1)

Total cold training levels needed: 27

Current Stats Pre-Easy/Medium Diaries:

NMmCXRf.png

Easy Diaries: ✔️

Ardougne: COMPLETED!

Desert: COMPLETED!

Falador: COMPLETED!

Fremennik: COMPLETED!

Kandarin: COMPLETED!

Karamja: COMPLETED!

K&K: COMPLETED!

L & D : COMPLETED!

Morytania: COMPLETED!

Varrock: COMPLETED!

Western Provinces: COMPLETED!

Wilderness: COMPLETED!

Medium Diaries:

Ardougne: COMPLETED!

Desert: NOT COMPLETED

Falador: COMPLETED!

Fremennik: NOT COMPLETED

Kandarin: NOT COMPLETED

Karamja: Inefficient until after completion of Swan Song; Skip for now

K&K: Inefficient until after completion of Dream Mentor; Skip for now

L & D : NOT COMPLETED

Morytania: COMPLETED!

Varrock: COMPLETED!

Western Provinces: Inefficient until after completion of Grim Tales; Skip for now

Wilderness: Inefficient until after completion of Swan Song; Skip for now

Edited by Victoria
  • Like 1

V8OsPdP.png

l4DV57N.png

Y6Bo23z.gif